Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by The_Gun » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:04 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:38 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:36 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:28 pm
Wonder if that lad at Huddersfield is worth an enquiry for left back?
He never even makes their squad and his contract is up in the summer, so looks like he could be a realistic target. I'd take him back in a heartbeat, and he'd clearly be a huge upgrade on Gordon.
Sadly for us, he extended in summer to 2024.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2021/august/ ... 0extension.

Doesn't mean we couldn't loan him again. I like him.
Ah balls, I got inaccurate info from Transfermarkt

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:24 pm

The thing is that what Evatt is saying we need (leaders) are absolutely the toughest thing to find in any sport. Nobody wants to lose the kinds of characters who drive a team forward week after week and there are few of them about.

Scotland might be your best bet, but can we even attract decent SPL players at the moment? You look at the likes of Tanser and McCart at St.Johnstone who show real determination and graft on the pitch, but could we get them? Same goes for their goalkeeper Clark. 3 of the players from the second best defensive unit in Scotland are running down contracts and would boss this division. Wigan could get them, but I'm not sure we could.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:27 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:55 pm
I can hear Insane's joy at us signing Tyler Magloire, the slight 22 year old with barely any league experience. Likewise Bradley Johnson - bringing a player who got dropped after conceding 7 to fix our defensive issues.

I actually think Magloire is the kind of player we would look at. Pace would allow us to push up the pitch and compact midfield and he can play
Oh, if I were only to post the things I thought BWFCi would agree with, it’d be a lot quieter around here… :D

I suspect my insane amigo would like a little more pace at the back and leadership in the middle. I know I would. I don’t know if they’re the answer but they may be available.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:24 pm
The thing is that what Evatt is saying we need (leaders) are absolutely the toughest thing to find in any sport. Nobody wants to lose the kinds of characters who drive a team forward week after week and there are few of them about.
He can't say that kind of b**locks when he's just released his captain a quarter of a year before the transfer window opens
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:44 pm

It remains who we can attract. There are a lot of captains and former captains on expiring deals in the Championship. Tom Lawrence and Graeme Shinnie of Derby for example. Not sure we could afford to pay half of one of their wages, though. Bradley Johnson is one of Blackburn's biggest earners when you factor in his bonuses, or was when they signed him. George Honeyman at Hull. The list goes on.

I'd arguably be looking down a division, rather than up, if I was looking for proper leaders who would actually come here. I may be underestimating our draw, though.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm
He can't say that kind of b**locks when he's just released his captain a quarter of a year before the transfer window opens
After last night's antics Sarce can go feck himself. I'll take Evatt over him any day of the week and I don't even like Evatt.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:50 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:46 pm
boltonboris wrote:
After last night's antics Sarce can go feck himself. I'll take Evatt over him any day of the week and I don't even like Evatt.
You mean where a player unceremoniously dumped out of a club celebrated his new club winning against his former? How shocking.

He was our leader and when he went Evatt told us it was for the best cos we have lots of options to play there.

Bout time some of these options were revealed cos so far we've seen none and been shite....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:53 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I get where you're coming from, he needs to mitigate the loss and I'm not seeing it.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:50 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
You mean where a player unceremoniously dumped out of a club celebrated his new club winning against his former? How shocking.

He was our leader and when he went Evatt told us it was for the best cos we have lots of options to play there.

Bout time some of these options were revealed cos so far we've seen none and been shite....
Clearly Evatt's hand was forced there - he's not done it on a whim, and what is he meant to say - "Yeah Sarcevic has acted a c*nt so we had to get rid, but now we're fecked in midfield"?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Sod assuming who was in the right and who was in the wrong, I don't care about any of that. Sarce is a moody child. I was fine with him on the pitch, but never liked him off it. The Stockport stuff just reinforced that. If he's the sort of character people want "leading" this club I'd rather not bother.

I wasn't offended by what he did, it just reinforced everything I disliked about him and ignored because he was our captain. I don't have to ignore that he's a wanker anymore.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:59 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I couldn't give a shit about Sarce last night, but he was an important player for us, our captain and then all of sudden we can do better, despite getting worse and the manager complains publicly that we don't have options and lack leadership.

I like Evatt as a manager, but feck me, he spews some absolute shite at times and needs to hold his tongue

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:59 pm
I like Evatt as a manager, but feck me, he spews some absolute shite at times and needs to hold his tongue
Agreed with that sentiment since week one.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:11 pm

If these owners are worth their salt, they'll need to back Evatt with sizeable funds in January. We need 5 players minimum.

A couple of million from their own ware chest and possibly even 3-4m from Dapo for the greater good

If they can't, or won't then they need to start answering some tough questions, because the soundbytes and the good will, will soon run out

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:13 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Clearly Evatt's hand was forced there - he's not done it on a whim, and what is he meant to say - "Yeah Sarcevic has acted a c*nt so we had to get rid, but now we're fecked in midfield"?
What's he supposed to say? The truth. Or 'Its a shame its happened but sometimes in football these things happen. Its not ideal in October to lose your captain and regular starter and we have a hole there now but its an opportunity for someone and we move on together'.

In 5 seconds I've answered it better than Evatt did. He told us we had loads of options - where and who? Because so far we've not seen a player better than Sarce do that role - nor one as good.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:11 pm
If these owners are worth their salt, they'll need to back Evatt with sizeable funds in January. We need 5 players minimum.

A couple of million from their own ware chest and possibly even 3-4m from Dapo for the greater good

If they can't, or won't then they need to start answering some tough questions, because the soundbytes and the good will, will soon run out
Its not the owners fault Its two bad summer windows. I'd be questioning what is happening in the summer. We've got the money available to spend and Evatt told everyone we were the best team in the league. He also said we'd got all our targets and didn't need to sign anyone else.

This isn't a manager who is starved of resources and can only work with what he's got. Its a manager who has assembled the squad he wanted and has been supported to do that and the fact he got it wrong a second time is not the owners fault.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:11 pm

A couple of million rupees, maybe. I can't see them throwing in massive unplanned spending and I'm not sure I'd want them to.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:17 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
This isn't about Evatt Vs Sarce. That's no longer important. One of them is ours, the other isn't.

We need to see is someone on the pitch who can give some leadership - I don't think that's big Ric - so who's going to do that? or are we saying we're just rudderless, tough shit, wait until January?

My problem if that's the argument is WTF were we going to do if Sarce did a cruciate?

No plan B.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:14 pm
Its not the owners fault Its two bad summer windows. I'd be questioning what is happening in the summer. We've got the money available to spend and Evatt told everyone we were the best team in the league. He also said we'd got all our targets and didn't need to sign anyone else.

This isn't a manager who is starved of resources and can only work with what he's got. Its a manager who has assembled the squad he wanted and has been supported to do that and the fact he got it wrong a second time is not the owners fault.
Where did he say we got "all our targets"? Was that a BN piece?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:17 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
This isn't about Evatt Vs Sarce. That's no longer important. One of them is ours, the other isn't.

We need to see is someone on the pitch who can give some leadership - I don't think that's big Ric - so who's going to do that? or are we saying we're just rudderless, tough shit, wait until January?

My problem if that's the argument is WTF were we going to do if Sarce did a cruciate?

No plan B.
Doyle, MJ?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:17 pm

No plan B.
We can't afford that kind of plan B, I don't think. We have 3 starting births in midfield and had 4 first team players. Then we have Tutte and Thomason, who are both cheap for this level. We can't afford to pay full whack to 6 players.

Same in defence. We paid good money to Johnston and John, then decent money to Aimson. Then we kept our eyes open for options in other positions but ultimately went with what we had. Evatt said he'd get fullbacks is any became available, but we were paying 6 first team wages for 4 positions at that stage.

Up front is where we blew most of the budget, by the looks of it and that will also be why we've got holes elsewhere. There's a lot of wages up there. I think most managers would probably put their budget up top if they had to pick.