Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 20, 2021 3:09 pm

Adam Reach and Tom Lees surely worth a look DSB? We have an old mate of theirs here already.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 20, 2021 3:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:09 pm
Adam Reach and Tom Lees surely worth a look DSB? We have an old mate of theirs here already.....
From what I know (not much) Reach is one of the Champo's better wingers, he'll probably get second-tier offers. Lees I know less of, solid centre-back, might be on a decent wage. Always odd when sifting through these lists; we need a certain type of Goldilocks player - not so good that second-tier money-throwers will crowd around, not so cack that they couldn't do a job for us; hungry enough to want it to work here. I think this summer we'll have a lot of choice, so I hope we choose well.

I also suspect that, as in the old days, some of those choices may not be until later on; to use an unfair but understandable comparison, we don't want to rush for a Jamie Mascoll when a Declan John might be available. Obviously that's a balance, and we'll want to get players in reasonably soon – after all, we have Content to Download into them - but unlike last summer we're not starting from scratch.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 20, 2021 3:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:09 pm
From what I know (not much) Reach is one of the Champo's better wingers, he'll probably get second-tier offers. Lees I know less of, solid centre-back, might be on a decent wage. Always odd when sifting through these lists; we need a certain type of Goldilocks player - not so good that second-tier money-throwers will crowd around, not so cack that they couldn't do a job for us; hungry enough to want it to work here. I think this summer we'll have a lot of choice, so I hope we choose well.

I also suspect that, as in the old days, some of those choices may not be until later on; to use an unfair but understandable comparison, we don't want to rush for a Jamie Mascoll when a Declan John might be available. Obviously that's a balance, and we'll want to get players in reasonably soon – after all, we have Content to Download into them - but unlike last summer we're not starting from scratch.
Always been impressed with Lees. Not convinced champo clubs will be beating a path for Sheff Weds rejects but we'll see. I'd say yes to both of these tbh IF we could afford them and that's a huge IF.

Though I note Iles in his podcast suggested we'd be possibly looking mainly for younger players I still think some experience is needed. Gilks made a huge difference so a few more experienced old heads (Reach is only 28) would do us wonders.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:08 pm

Yeah Reach probably gets a Championship offer.

Lees on the other hand could be a more realistic target. He may have some lower Champ interest, but with him being the wrong side of 30 and having had some niggly injuries the past few seasons, that might put teams off who are really having to streamline squads in the current climate.

Could be the perfect 'experienced head' replacement for Baptiste (who I worry won't be able to keep up with the pace of the better teams in L1), but you'd imagine he's someone who would have to take a considerable pay cut, seeing as he signed his last contract at Wednesday way back in June 2016 just after finishing 6th in the Championship.

But like you say BWFCi, the link with ex-teammate Kieran Lee certainly could be a factor...provided Lee has enjoyed his time here so far!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 23, 2021 10:29 am

Rumours Dapo has signed after Santos and Sarc did an Instagram live stream saying they'd see him in a couple of weeks for pre-season.

What a world.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 23, 2021 11:08 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:29 am
Rumours Dapo has signed after Santos and Sarc did an Instagram live stream saying they'd see him in a couple of weeks for pre-season.

What a world.
That would be good news.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun May 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:

What a world.
I saw the video but I’m not convinced they aren’t just trying to encourage him.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun May 23, 2021 3:31 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:36 pm
Prufrock wrote:

What a world.
I saw the video but I’m not convinced they aren’t just trying to encourage him.
[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/omairsadiq9/ ... 77/photo/1[/tweet]

Something tells me they might have had a skinful
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 23, 2021 3:57 pm

As the play-offs roll on, more teams come to the end of their rainbow. Bournemouth and Barnsley are fairly devoid of lads who might find their way to us, but the two losing L1 semi-finalists were, last time I looked, particularly pregnant with players whose contracts are lapsing – and Sunderland in particular, with newish boss Lee Johnson at what I am contractually obliged to call The Helm, may opt to kick a few to the kerb. Any in this little lot that catch the eye? (Asterisk means club has an option.)

Sunderland (17 + 3)
Remi Matthews
Lee Burge
Grant Leadbitter
Aiden McGeady
Max Power
Oliver Younger
Josh Scowen
Anthony Patterson*
Benji Kimpioka*
Charlie Wyke
Chris Maguire
Conor McLaughlin
Jordan Willis
Callum McFadzean
Denver Hume
Luke O'Nien
George Dobson
Dion Sanderson (loan)
Jordan Jones (loan)
Jake Vokins (loan)

Oxford United (13 + 6)
Josh Ruffels
Anthony Forde
Rob Hall
Fabio Lopes
Kyran Lofthouse
Michael Elechi
Alex Gorrin*
James Henry*
Mark Sykes*
John Mousinho*
Nico Jones*
Dylan Asonganyi*
Slavi Spasov*
Marcus McGuane (loan)
Brandon Barker (loan)
Elliot Lee (loan)
Mide Shodipo (loan)
Liam Kelly (loan)
Joe Grayson (loan)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 23, 2021 4:36 pm

Tranmere also appear to have loads.
Scott Davies (GK, 34) - captain
Liam Ridehalgh (LB, 30) - their POTY last year
George Ray (CB, 27) - 6ft4in, 85 third-tier games for Crewe and Tranmere
Manny Monthe (CB, 26) - magical ability to avoid red cards
Sid Nelson (CB, 25) - loaned to Chesterfield in Evatt's last season
Kieron Morris (RW, 26) - played 54 games for them this season
Paul Lewis (CM, 26) - played 52
Corey Blackett-Taylor (LW, 23) - former Villa winger, played 37
Kaiyne Woolery (LW, 26) - 11 goals in 51 games, their second-top scorer after Vaughan
Otis Khan (LW, 25) - played 48

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 23, 2021 5:01 pm

Charlie Wyke would be a good addition. I see he was getting dogs abuse from his own fans yesterday. A fresh start with a different L1 club might suit everyone. I like O'Nien too.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 23, 2021 5:07 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:01 pm
Charlie Wyke would be a good addition. I see he was getting dogs abuse from his own fans yesterday. A fresh start with a different L1 club might suit everyone. I like O'Nien too.
Doyle is better than Wyke for me. Anyhow Wyke won’t be coming here probably earns more than the rest of our squad.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 23, 2021 5:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Tranmere also appear to have loads.
Scott Davies (GK, 34) - captain
Liam Ridehalgh (LB, 30) - their POTY last year
George Ray (CB, 27) - 6ft4in, 85 third-tier games for Crewe and Tranmere
Manny Monthe (CB, 26) - magical ability to avoid red cards
Sid Nelson (CB, 25) - loaned to Chesterfield in Evatt's last season
Kieron Morris (RW, 26) - played 54 games for them this season
Paul Lewis (CM, 26) - played 52
Corey Blackett-Taylor (LW, 23) - former Villa winger, played 37
Kaiyne Woolery (LW, 26) - 11 goals in 51 games, their second-top scorer after Vaughan
Otis Khan (LW, 25) - played 48
I see their interim boss had a Hillesque rant about the players after today's defeat. Maybe Hill wasn't the problem. I imagine they'll be binning as many as possible.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 23, 2021 5:41 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:15 pm
I see their interim boss had a Hillesque rant about the players after today's defeat. Maybe Hill wasn't the problem. I imagine they'll be binning as many as possible.
I guess their squad's a bit of a mishmash after two promotions and a relegation in the previous three seasons.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun May 23, 2021 7:05 pm

Brommers' recommendation Josh Sheehan is playing well in the play-off semi-final, spreading the play nicely. I think he's out of contract in the summer.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 23, 2021 9:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Doyle is better than Wyke for me. Anyhow Wyke won’t be coming here probably earns more than the rest of our squad.
I think he'd be a good 2nd striker and his record in L1 must bear comparison with Doyles, I'm sure. Interesting on the wages - he's not going above L1, will we not be able to offer similar terms to most in the division? Genuine question as I've really no idea.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 23, 2021 9:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
I think he'd be a good 2nd striker and his record in L1 must bear comparison with Doyles, I'm sure. Interesting on the wages - he's not going above L1, will we not be able to offer similar terms to most in the division? Genuine question as I've really no idea.
He’s a great goal scorer but he relies on early delivery from crosses. We just don’t play in a way that would suit him. And other than that the rest of his game in my view isn’t very good.

As for affording him he’s linked with a lot of championship clubs and Sunderland have paid silly wages. I doubt we could afford his left foot.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 23, 2021 9:11 pm

He's scored half as many goals again as Doyle, in a league above, I'd happily take him.

But I'd be surprised if someone in the Champo didn't take a punt on a free.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 23, 2021 9:13 pm

^ Ah fair enough. I didn't imagine he'd be considered for the championship. I see Ashley Fletcher, who many Middlesbrough fans want to see the back of, and who I hoped might consider dropping a division to 'come home, is apparently being courted by some Premier league teams.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun May 23, 2021 9:22 pm

I might have missed something, but, as fas I can tell, we're 13 pages into a transfer thread and not a single signing. Worthy out! :spank:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!