Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:01 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Our squad was looking thin anyway, but after today’s bombshell I’m seriously worried about the next few months. Hope I’m wrong, but I reckon we could be close to the relegation zone come Jan.
It’s hard to not be concerned. If we are though then I think FV have serious decisions to make. I mean lose tomorrow and the ground will be toxic. It does feel like the defeat at SW has precipitated a Stoke at Wembley like implosion. Self inflicted it feels like.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:16 pm

Defeat at SW did nothing, its the 4-0 home loss to Wigan that started any implosion, if indeed there is any implosion ?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:20 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:16 pm
Defeat at SW did nothing, its the 4-0 home loss to Wigan that started any implosion, if indeed there is any implosion ?
Maybe but the Wigan performance reflected some issues and not sure we’ve ever played worse this season. And Evatt was odd after SW.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 pm

The last 2 games aside, we've been competitive in all our matches and dominant in many. They're the only 2 games where you couldn't make a case us for us being worth at least a point. Hopefully, it's a blip and partly down to the opposition and not something terminal
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:01 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Our squad was looking thin anyway, but after today’s bombshell I’m seriously worried about the next few months. Hope I’m wrong, but I reckon we could be close to the relegation zone come Jan.
It’s hard to not be concerned. If we are though then I think FV have serious decisions to make. I mean lose tomorrow and the ground will be toxic. It does feel like the defeat at SW has precipitated a Stoke at Wembley like implosion. Self inflicted it feels like.
I don’t think the problems are terminal, just that we don’t have enough good players and will be fecked if/when we get more injuries and suspensions. Should be fixable in Jan, but that’s some way off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:25 pm

Sarce has on his Instagram story written a goodbye message to Bolton fans. Very brief but ends with ‘the sport is brutal and often beyond your control’. With a mouth zipped shut emoji.

Not sure we will ever know what happened but the club saying nothing at all isn’t helping.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:25 pm
Sarce has on his Instagram story written a goodbye message to Bolton fans. Very brief but ends with ‘the sport is brutal and often beyond your control’. With a mouth zipped shut emoji.

Not sure we will ever know what happened but the club saying nothing at all isn’t helping.
What is it they can say though that can placate this, without an almighty airing of dirty laundry.

Feels like a no win situation for the club.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What is it they can say though that can placate this, without an almighty airing of dirty laundry.

I mean you’d expect them to allude to something. Like ‘no player can be considered bigger than the club’ or whatever.

Even Jack Dearden who rarely has a bad word to say about them has said that they really need to say something otherwise it creates a vacuum into which speculation will expand.

I don’t really think I can ever remember a more bizarre day than today where all of a sudden out of the blue months from a window, your captain who was a regular and one of your best players has dropped down 3 divisions out of the league to sign for a team. It’s incredibly odd and as I reflect only seems more bizarre. People assume it’s Sarces fault but given what we know of him it seems hard to believe. So honestly whilst I doubt we I’ll ever find out the more I think about this the less it makes sense.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:36 pm

Interesting reading this thread.

God knows what has gone on between IE and Sarce, but managers should win in these situations and it looks like ours has. Regardless of the details and who is in the wrong, the gaffer has to be indisputably in charge.

On the purely playing side it's a loss. Your captain with 4 goal involvements, from midfield, walking out on a free is bad - having him drop down two leagues to do so is worse. Makes the club look mildly ridiculous. On the other side, a captain who can fall out with the manager that badly and is willing drop out of the leagues isn't one I want here.

As for "we're going down" talk....we've lost heavily in the last two games, that's it. We've done so to two of the best sides in the league at the minute. Bad results and bad performances, but it's two games. We just came up, we have to expect to have bad runs at times. Even if it goes on for another couple of games I can't say I'll panic.

Troubling. Not fatal. I agree with people who say it could set the stands off. Then again, what couldn't set Bolton fans off? If Evatt farts in the shower I'm sure several dozen Bolton fans are suddenly in bad moods they can't quite explain.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I mean you’d expect them to allude to something. Like ‘no player can be considered bigger than the club’ or whatever.

Even Jack Dearden who rarely has a bad word to say about them has said that they really need to say something otherwise it creates a vacuum into which speculation will expand.

I don’t really think I can ever remember a more bizarre day than today where all of a sudden out of the blue months from a window, your captain who was a regular and one of your best players has dropped down 3 divisions out of the league to sign for a team. It’s incredibly odd and as I reflect only seems more bizarre. People assume it’s Sarces fault but given what we know of him it seems hard to believe. So honestly whilst I doubt we I’ll ever find out the more I think about this the less it makes sense.
In this case I think doing as you say is easier said than done.

Undoubtedly the silence has created a chasm that has cultivated speculation, on this forum and other social media platforms, as to what has happened. But I also think that the club is also reacting to what you say; one of the more bizarre days in the club's recent history. There isn't a PR blueprint for your captain leaving for two divisions down. It takes time to formulate a reaction to that.

We also need to remember there is a bloody game tomorrow that the players and managers need to have there focus on, more than Sarc. I'd imagine a lot more will come out after tomorrow, after that game and when the press have unfettered access to a post-Sarc evatt. But we will see.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 pm

Entirely possible the club included an NDA amid the contractual negotiations to release Sarce. Hence the zip.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 pm

I’d like to know why they free transferred him at a point where we can’t sign a replacement. It’s pretty simple really, I think as fans we are due some form of explanation. It’s one of the most bizzare things we have done in my time as a fan and look at the last ten years, and look at all the Ken Anderson shite!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 pm
Entirely possible the club included an NDA amid the contractual negotiations to release Sarce. Hence the zip.
It’s very possible but that doesn’t preclude the club from offering some sort of explanation. Even if just hinting at something. Also a club insisting on an NDA would suggest there are things their side they don’t want to be known. And if that’s the case…why?

Marc Iles expects Evatt to explain tomorrow but we will have to see.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm

I can’t imagine any official explanation that would satisfy the “yeah but” response. We live in an era of whataboutery and yeahbutism. And one with a strong undertow of fake news and disinformation. Basically whatever the club says, some folk will believe what they want anyway.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:32 pm

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm
I can’t imagine any official explanation that would satisfy the “yeah but” response. We live in an era of whataboutery and yeahbutism. And one with a strong undertow of fake news and disinformation. Basically whatever the club says, some folk will believe what they want anyway.
I don’t expect a full set of details. But a falling out or whatever could be discussed without the blow by blows.

‘Sarcevic and I had a disagreement and decided it was best he went on his own way’.

That sort of thing. Rather than ‘He threw a boot at my head and said my cat was promiscuous’.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:33 pm

Maybe it's something that cannot be discussed.

Drug taking?
Punch up?
Match fixing?

Doyle has a history of a punch up with Beckford and if he's under the same sort of scrutiny then there may be something there aswell. Infighting between Doyle and Sarcevic might see the backs of both of them.

After all if Sarce has gone to Stockport on a free transfer there must have been something there. Can't imagine that a punch up with Evatt would've had Evatt going without criticism too but aside from the uncertainty there doesn't seem to be anything obvious as to why he'd leave on a free.

Is Evatt at fault here or dealing with the aftermath? I suspect its in the clubs best interests for Evatt to not be involved but it looks pretty bad for it to get to this stage.

Somethings not right. Can't imagine Sarce wanting to jump ship willingly to go to Stockport, not exactly the best career trajectory.

I've enjoyed Sarce when I've seen him play. Very much a Pedersen esque player. Looks a little ungainly and doesn't look as good as he is but is good in parts. Leaving in this manner isn't exactly captain fantastic.

Hopefully things will be cleared up.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 pm
I’d like to know why they free transferred him at a point where we can’t sign a replacement. It’s pretty simple really, I think as fans we are due some form of explanation. It’s one of the most bizzare things we have done in my time as a fan and look at the last ten years, and look at all the Ken Anderson shite!
Could be that he(and poss another) was/were causing a rift amongst the team, the manager asked him to stop, he didn't, they had a bust up. Manager said I need him out of the club. He went. We move on.

If you can't shut up and do as the manager asks then you can't be here. If the manager is the issue then it's not your job as a player to say so, that's for the owners.

This is all hypothetical as I don't know the ins and outs.

Could be the club has called Sarce's bluff?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:32 pm
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm
‘He threw a boot at my head and said my cat was promiscuous’.
:lol:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:32 pm
I don’t expect a full set of details. But a falling out or whatever could be discussed without the blow by blows.

‘Sarcevic and I had a disagreement and decided it was best he went on his own way’.

That sort of thing. Rather than ‘He threw a boot at my head and said my cat was promiscuous’.
Any explanation from Evatt would be painting himself in the best possible light and would force a response from Sarce. Best for all parties if they try and stay professional now, even if they couldn't before. We'd all like to know, but I am not sure we need this to drag on.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:59 pm

Two headstrong characters, both in a bad mood, find themselves in disagreement in front of the rest of the squad, possibly even over something relatively trivial. Neither are willing to back down and the row intensifies to the point where it goes beyond the point of no return.

That is probably the best case scenario from the information we have at hand and is all I hope it is. The worst case scenario is a serious rift between manager and players, which would just be a disaster.