Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 pm

Whitesince63 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:36 pm
He went to Northampton after he left here didn’t he? I think you’re right about him not wanting to move North though and probably MK we’re offering bigger money anyway. Whatever IE says about us being a big club, it’s still money that talks with many players at the end of the day.
He’s gone on loan so the money to him is irrelevant.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:37 pm
Only City player I can see being mentioned for a loan out is Tommy Doyle (grandson of Mike Doyle, Glyn Pardoe and presumably two women), a holding/box-to-box midfielder, but he's being chased Benny Hill-style by a number of Champo clubs.
Tommy Doyle joins Hamburg.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:00 pm

Marc Iles suggesting signing becoming less likely. Given it’s a mystery man still I’d be shocked if it materialised now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:00 pm
Marc Iles suggesting signing becoming less likely. Given it’s a mystery man still I’d be shocked if it materialised now.
I wouldn't that much into Joe Public's ignorance.

Player Z is being chased by teams A, B and C; we can agree theoretical loan terms with the loaning club way before the destination is chosen.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Suspect that this insight is largely driven from the fact that Evatt is currently managing the side and there's no mystery man sitting in the stadium with his fingers crossed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Suspect that this insight is largely driven from the fact that Evatt is currently managing the side and there's no mystery man sitting in the stadium with his fingers crossed.
Think he got an update Pre kick off. Markham and Marland handling it whilst IE on match duties. But does sound like whoever we were loaning him off needed their own deals to happen first and they haven’t.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 pm
Mar wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Think he got an update Pre kick off. Markham and Marland handling it whilst IE on match duties. But does sound like whoever we were loaning him off needed their own deals to happen first and they haven’t.
Always going to be a bit of a stretch getting someone in at the last minute. Hardly helpful having this match in place as any decisions required to be run past Evatt can't really get given the time required.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:07 pm

George Miller has gone to Walsall.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:21 pm

Iles: "Ian Evatt has confirmed he tried to sign a forward - but it is now looking highly unlikely he will add to his squad."
"Evatt has also confirmed there could be one young player leaving the club before the deadline at 11pm."

I might go for a bath.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:26 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:21 pm
Iles: "Ian Evatt has confirmed he tried to sign a forward - but it is now looking highly unlikely he will add to his squad."
"Evatt has also confirmed there could be one young player leaving the club before the deadline at 11pm."

I might go for a bath.
You could sort of tell from this pm. Given the number of people out there like Nixon or that Pete O Rourke or the FLW lads following these things the fact everything stayed under wraps suggested to me that it was unlikely. Club releasing player presumably not wanting anything out there until they had their replacement. It’s a shame and frankly I do think it leaves us light. But without the injuries I suspect we’d not even have entered the market now. Them’s the breaks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:43 pm

Sounds like was a deal from a league one club and that’s why it’s not happened as Evatt mentioned league one club not wanting to ‘help make us stronger’.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 pm

Will Grigg?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:59 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 pm
Will Grigg?
Sunderland would have paid us to have him so no.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:43 pm
Sounds like was a deal from a league one club and that’s why it’s not happened as Evatt mentioned league one club not wanting to ‘help make us stronger’.
Well I can certainly see a tactical flaw in that plan.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:01 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 pm
Will Grigg?
They seem to be sending him to Rotherham, who are far likelier than us to be up there.

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:17 am

Disappointing not to bring another forward in but we go with what we’ve got and should be good enough to keep us top half at least until January when IE can review again and decide from there.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:32 am

We're in a better position that what we were this time last year.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:34 am

Plus if it’s shite we can still sign half a team in January and go up anyway 😃

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:30 am

Slightly disappointing not to bring anyone in at the end of the window, and also not to move Comley on, but overall we've had a very strong window and have positioned ourselves to hopefully hang around the top half. I do feel we're not quite good enough to challenge properly for promotion, but if we're not too far off come January then perhaps we can add players to give it a proper go.

In annoying American fashion, I'm going to give my extremely premature grades for the new lads we've brought in:

Dapo Afolayan - A We had a taster of the quality Dapo has in the second half of last season, but since signing for us permanently he's really stepped it up. I will go as far as saying he's one of the best players in the division and someone we might struggle to keep hold of if we don't get promoted at the first time of asking. Tremendous business.

Will Aimson - N/A Injury means we've been deprived of seeing this lad yet, but he's certainly got good experience.

Xavier Amaechi - N/A Another we haven't seen yet, but he has the pedigree to be a game-changer.

Amadou Bakayoko - B A very promising start from the big man before he too was injured. Gives us a different type of option up top, and he's someone I'd hope will be a great facilitator for our other forwards.

Joel Dixon - B Has emerged as our clear first choice keeper after some shaky displays from the incumbent, Matt Gilks. Perhaps not the most commanding of goalies, but he has good passing ability and looks solid enough overall.

Declan John - B His start to the season probably doesn't merit a grade this high, but if we accept there are mitigating factors at play, I think all of us would be hopeful he will kick-on and be a really top left-sider at this level.

George Johnston - A I've been really, really impressed with this guy. Incredibly composed on the ball, defensively solid and with a great left foot on him, I think George has got the ability to play at least a level above League One.

Elias Kachunga - B Promising in fits and starts so far, but it's clear he's not quite up-to-speed yet and will need more minutes under his belt before we see the best from him. Two assists already suggest he could be another good one.

Josh Sheehan - A I'm still really confused as to how this lad has spent virtually his entire career in League Two up to this point. A really neat, tidy player with a great touch, good passing range and a decent free kick on him. Good enough that he's just been called up to the Welsh squad, and another who looks to be a very valuable asset for our club moving forwards.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:38 am

Anyone know if any players have recently been released we might be interested in? Probably a long shot but we have a slot in the squad for a 'Karl Henry' sort I guess?