Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 pm

^ Sheffield Wednesday are going to be busy this summer!

Lots on there I'd like to see but I suspect most would be too expensive, unless we got them very late in the window when they've less options.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 10, 2021 10:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 pm
^ Sheffield Wednesday are going to be busy this summer!

Lots on there I'd like to see but I suspect most would be too expensive, unless we got them very late in the window when they've less options.
Didn’t help that I’d elided their list into Stoke’s, but yeah - car-crash club clear-out coming.

Ashley Fletcher, perhaps?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon May 10, 2021 10:08 pm

I think we were rumoured to have an interest in Jayson Leutwiler in January. If there was any truth in that he might be one we target.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 10, 2021 10:19 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:08 pm
I think we were rumoured to have an interest in Jayson Leutwiler in January. If there was any truth in that he might be one we target.
We were indeed rumoured. Not surprised he stayed two divisions higher. Let’s see.

Meanwhile, the ever-impressive Brommers strikes again with another fascinatingly detailed examination of potential targets, this time in central midfield. https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2021 ... dfielders/

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Thanks DSB. Just came here to post a shameless plug for it, as well as the first three parts of the series. I’ve stuck to players of a decent age (below 30), who are out of contract this summer (as I’ve no idea whether FV have plans to allow Evatt to pay actual cash money for players over the coming months).

Part 1: CAMs
https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2021 ... pt-1-cams/

Part 2: STs
https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2021 ... e-forward/

Part 3: Wingers
https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2021 ... 3-wingers/

Quite relieved that we got promoted automatically as it gives me certainty for future blog posts about what players we can realistically aim for :D

I'm sure Ian Evatt and Chris Markham feel the same way.

Few rumours that have appeared in the past week or so. I don’t buy these at all (especially the Stockton one) but always interesting to discuss the names being thrown about.

Cole Stockton - ST - Morecambe

Joel Dixon - GK - Barrow

Joel 'Jon' Nouble - LW/RW/ST - Aldershot

Greg Kiltie - LW/RW/CAM/ST - Kilmarnock

Rather uninspiring so I hope it's just a case of agents trying to generate some interest for their clients, although Kiltie is an intriguing one, having had a decent season in the Scottish Premiership with 5 goals and 3 assists in 25 appearances.
Last edited by brommers95 on Mon May 10, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 pm

I've no idea how you'd enforce it but didn't we agree not to sign anyone from Barrow from a couple of years?

Time for Ashley Fletcher to finally come home!

I don't really get why we'd rule out anyone previously just because. I'd love Reece Burke but he'll be in the Champo.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 pm
I've no idea how you'd enforce it but didn't we agree not to sign anyone from Barrow from a couple of years?

I don't really get why we'd rule out anyone previously just because. I'd love Reece Burke but he'll be in the Champo.
Reece Burke has he learned how to defend yet?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 11, 2021 12:21 am

He started 30 odd games for the league one champions who had the second best defensive record in the league. And only 24.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue May 11, 2021 6:12 am

Prufrock wrote:

We did, but he's a free agent this summer.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 11, 2021 6:37 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:21 am
He started 30 odd games for the league one champions who had the second best defensive record in the league. And only 24.
Ok. Seems like hull have an option on him but are having to decide whether to activate it or put him on a longer deal. Seems unlikely.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 am

I really can't see Fletcher dropping down to League One at this stage of his career. Seems likely he would have plenty of suitors at Championship level, and his wage demands I would imagine would be way beyond what we would be able to pay.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am

The_Gun wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 am
I really can't see Fletcher dropping down to League One at this stage of his career. Seems likely he would have plenty of suitors at Championship level, and his wage demands I would imagine would be way beyond what we would be able to pay.
Aye I mean he's not exactly a hot property, he's hardly set the world on fire One season of double digits? But he's still 25 has played a good amount of championship football and I'm sure some of the lower end championship sides would be in for him on a free.

I doubt we'll be getting championship players in their mid 20's other than on loan but we'll see.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:37 am
Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:21 am
Ok. Seems like hull have an option on him but are having to decide whether to activate it or put him on a longer deal. Seems unlikely.
Probably. Similar to Fletcher I don't think it'll happen but worth putting in the phone call. Maybe Fletcher is home sick? Or has been watching the videos too and wants in :D You don't ask you don't get.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 11, 2021 9:37 am

I think there will be a lot of sounding-out going on this summer, from all clubs and literally hundreds of players. A very fluid market.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 11, 2021 9:39 am

Prufrock wrote:
I'd be stunned if there isn't restrictive covenant clause relating to nicking Barrow's players in Evatt's contract.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:39 am
Prufrock wrote:
I'd be stunned if there isn't restrictive covenant in Evatt's contract.
Not sure it's the mechanics of putting clauses into contracts, Brucie. As legal entities, Evatt wouldn't be signing the players, Bolton would, so they'd need some sort of contract with the Club, which I doubt are allowed under the League's rules...we might have a verbal agreement with them. They had all the who-haa around loan players playing against their owning Club a few years back, didn't they?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Not sure it's the mechanics of putting clauses into contracts, Brucie. As legal entities, Evatt wouldn't be signing the players, Bolton would, so they'd need some sort of contract with the Club, which I doubt are allowed under the League's rules...we might have a verbal agreement with them. They had all the who-haa around loan players playing against their owning Club a few years back, didn't they?
I don't think the league can stop an agreement between two clubs not to sign players from each other or whatever. I suspect any agreement would be as flimsy as they come and unenforceable by any law and the league certainly wouldn't enforce it...but then Sharon probably is the sort of owner who would stick to her word even if just a pre-covid handshake.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
I don't think the league can stop an agreement between two clubs not to sign players from each other or whatever. I suspect any agreement would be as flimsy as they come and unenforceable by any law and the league certainly wouldn't enforce it...but then Sharon probably is the sort of owner who would stick to her word even if just a pre-covid handshake.....
Yeah - could see the latter being absolutely the case.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:37 am
I think there will be a lot of sounding-out going on this summer, from all clubs and literally hundreds of players. A very fluid market.
Definitely. Fletcher was the lad I was thinking about who might be expecting championship clubs to be beating a path to his door but come mid August, if nothings materialised, he may consider dropping down a division and a tax bracket.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am
but then Sharon probably is the sort of owner who would stick to her word even if just a pre-covid handshake.....
And doesn't that just serve to highlight what an absolute horrible c*nt Ken Anderson was, and no doubt still is.
May the bridges I burn light your way