Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 16, 2021 6:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:55 am
Oh ok. 99.99% might be a bit strong then :D

Dapo has moved all over the place. Canada as a kid, midlands, London, up here. He also did a term at Manchester Uni when he was a student so has lived up here in normal times.

I think they'll both sign, and will be thrilled by each.
Nah I just think it will happen. You have a good point on Dapo I guess though this would be the first time he’d be severing his ties with the ‘South’ as an adult. I think he will be here though too. It’s best place for him. I’m not entirely convinced in him as a player but Evatt seems to be so let’s see what he can do with him.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm

If Declan John had no intention of signing on, we wouldn't be wasting our time bidding for him and showing our cash hand to sellers of other LB's

If we are seriously considering a bid, it's because the lad wants to stay here.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 17, 2021 4:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm
If Declan John had no intention of signing on, we wouldn't be wasting our time bidding for him and showing our cash hand to sellers of other LB's

He's out of contract.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 17, 2021 6:21 pm

ROTHERHAM, relegated from tier two:
• released: Billy Jones, Shaun MacDonald, Jamie Proctor, Clark Robertson, Kyle Vassell
• contract offered: Matt Olosunde, Josh Vickers

BIRMINGHAM, still in tier two:
• released: Geraldo Bajrami, Ryan Burke, Jack Concannon, Dan Crowley, Josh Dacres-Cogley, Miguel Fernandez, Ivan Guzman, Remeao Hutton, Agus Medina, Joe Redmond, Jayden Reid, Bernard Sun and Jon Toral
• offered contracts: Alen Halilović, Caolan Boyd-Munce and Ryan Stirk
• extensions triggered: Steve Seddon, Charlie Lakin, Tate Campbell and Leo Dos Reis

CAMBRIDGE release goalkeeper Callum Burton, who played the last 22 games for them this season (he's 24)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:21 pm
• released: Billy Jones, Shaun MacDonald, Jamie Proctor, Clark Robertson, Kyle Vassell

• released: Geraldo Bajrami, Ryan Burke, Jack Concannon, Dan Crowley, Josh Dacres-Cogley, Miguel Fernandez, Ivan Guzman, Remeao Hutton, Agus Medina, Joe Redmond, Jayden Reid, Bernard Sun and Jon Toral
• extensions triggered: Steve Seddon, Charlie Lakin, Tate Campbell and Leo Dos Reis

CAMBRIDGE release goalkeeper Callum Burton, who played the last 22 games for them this season (he's 24)
I’m convinced half of these aren’t real and are just simulated names using the old Championship Manager trick of recycling first and last names.
Billy Ronaldo, George Maldini etc...
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Mon May 17, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 pm

I’m convinced half of these aren’t real and are just simulated names using the old Championship Manager truck of recycling first and last names.
Ha! Know what you mean. Weirdly, “Dacres-Cogley” is a surname I knew because of a Football Manager regen (as I believe the kids call them) rather than because of this real human person... 😀

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 pm

I’m convinced half of these aren’t real and are just simulated names using the old Championship Manager truck of recycling first and last names.
Ha! Know what you mean. Weirdly, “Dacres-Cogley” is a surname I knew because of a Football Manager regen (as I believe the kids call them) rather than because of this real human person... 😀
Tonci Person. European Footballer of the Year for 5 years running!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 18, 2021 9:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:43 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm

He's out of contract.
Well, I never!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Brommers! BROMMERS!!
Portsmouth local paper The News says "it’s understood that Bolton are one side who are potential suitors" for their recent release Andy Cannon, who is a midfielder not a useful armament. Ashton lad, 25, played 101 third-tier games for Rochdale then another 63 for Pompey. Also presumably the recipient of plenty of headlines along the theme of "You're fired". Wants to move back up north. Having been to Portsmouth, I can't blame him.

Right-footed I assume as he's also played on the right side and a RB. Kenny Jackett said he saw him as an attacking midfielder, which implies he'd played a bit further back for Dale.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Tue May 18, 2021 12:09 pm
Brommers! BROMMERS!!
Portsmouth local paper The News says "it’s understood that Bolton are one side who are potential suitors" for their recent release Andy Cannon, who is a midfielder not a useful armament. Ashton lad, 25, played 101 third-tier games for Rochdale then another 63 for Pompey. Also presumably the recipient of plenty of headlines along the theme of "You're fired".

Right-footed I assume as he's also played on the right side and a RB. Kenny Jackett said he saw him as an attacking midfielder, which implies he'd played a bit further back for Dale.
Good to see Chris Markham's been reading the blog :D

The rumour could be just that, but it's a move that would make sense. Manchester lad, good L1 experience and has only just turned 25.

Made 24 starts for Pompey this season mainly in the left centre-mid position (but right-footed), in more of a defensive role judging by his stats and some game footage.

https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2021 ... dfielders/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 18, 2021 12:28 pm

This site needs a like button. Cheers, Brommers.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 18, 2021 12:33 pm

MILLWALL release Shane Ferguson, Shaun Williams, Frank Fielding and James Brown. Alex Pearce and Matt Smith have been offered new contracts and discussions remain ongoing.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Tue May 18, 2021 12:33 pm
MILLWALL release Shane Ferguson, Shaun Williams, Frank Fielding and James Brown. Alex Pearce and Matt Smith have been offered new contracts and discussions remain ongoing.
How did he feel about that?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 18, 2021 1:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:45 pm
Tue May 18, 2021 12:33 pm
How did he feel about that?
Even I thought better of that one :lol:

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue May 18, 2021 1:46 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:21 pm
Brommers! BROMMERS!!
Portsmouth local paper The News says "it’s understood that Bolton are one side who are potential suitors" for their recent release Andy Cannon, who is a midfielder not a useful armament. Ashton lad, 25, played 101 third-tier games for Rochdale then another 63 for Pompey. Also presumably the recipient of plenty of headlines along the theme of "You're fired".

The rumour could be just that, but it's a move that would make sense. Manchester lad, good L1 experience and has only just turned 25.

Made 24 starts for Pompey this season mainly in the left centre-mid position (but right-footed), in more of a defensive role judging by his stats and some game footage.

Sounds like he would be direct competition for MJ, so isn't it very unlikely he'd come here to warm the bench?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue May 18, 2021 2:49 pm

Paul Mullin, of Cambridge promotion fame and L2 Golden Boot Winner is out of contract at the end of the season.

Sounds like its worth a gamble given he's got 34 goals in 50 last season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 18, 2021 2:59 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Paul Mullin, of Cambridge promotion fame and L2 Golden Boot Winner is out of contract at the end of the season.

But he's 26 and we'd be basing it all on one season in league 2. Prior to last season doubt many if any would have advocated signing him. He's also not that dissimilar a player to Doyle so I'm not sure it works. We need a different type of striker for variety. We saw the problem with Miller and Doyle - only space for one of them and a bit too similar for both to make an impact.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 18, 2021 3:01 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:49 pm

Not only that but he offered his services to us last summer - he’s a Scouser so it’s the old geography again innit. But the question would be - given his underwhelming previous goal return, did he overachieve last season? And with only one striker starting berth, would he come?

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Tue May 18, 2021 3:11 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:46 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Brommers! BROMMERS!!

Sounds like he would be direct competition for MJ, so isn't it very unlikely he'd come here to warm the bench?
I can see what you're saying butI reckon he'd still be a good signing. Direct competition for Lee/MJ, bags of L1 experience and can play multiple positions too. I think that whoever is signed this summer Evatt will tell his squad that no one is safe and every starting spot is earned on merit.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:27 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:46 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Brommers! BROMMERS!!

Inclined to agree with Sonic's comment above. Cannon might also be considered as a partner in crime to MJ at the base of the midfield as an alternative to Kieran Lee and George Thomason.

Lee obviously has the necessary quality to play in L1, but is 33 next month and has had injury troubles over the past few seasons. Thomason is only 20 and while his performances were outstanding for a kid plucked from the North West Counties League, it's not guaranteed that he's going to have the same sort of impact a step above (not initially at least).