Pre-season frendlies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Pre-season frendlies

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:23 pm

HT 0-0. That's an improvement on Saturday! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:27 pm

0-0 HT. Seccies team:
Hutchinson; Jones, Santos, Johnston, Gordon; Thomason, Lee; Isgrove, Darcy, Amaechi; Delfouneso

(I'm guessing the positions but those are the players - Amaechi the only non-change)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:56 pm

On the hour, Amaechi replaced by… Brandon Comley

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:25 pm

0-2. Thomason & Delf.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:28 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:25 pm
0-2. Thomason & Delf.
And Darcy makes it 0-3 in stoppage time.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:29 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:28 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:25 pm
0-2. Thomason & Delf.
And Darcy makes it 0-3 in stoppage time.
Delf at the death. 0-4.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Zach Clough with a debut hat trick for Carlisle. Only Penrith but good on him
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:18 pm

Brilliant start for Cloughie, wish we’d have brought him back here where I’m sure he could have done the job for us. Good luck to him anyway.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:36 pm

Another good performance. Possession stats must have been high 70s or 80s. We struggled to convert that into chances in the 1st half, but stepped it up a gear in the 2nd.

Clear that the emphasis is on high tempo short passes and stretching the play wide as much as possible. Both full backs and wingers are encouraged to be on the touchline, dragging the opposition out of shape and allowing gaps for the midfield to come through.

Sheehan looks a player. Always wants the ball, always in space. Credit also to Comley, who played well in a similar sort of role. Amaechi and Dapo didn't have quite the impact as last time. Bakayoko gives us a very good option up top - quick, strong, chases down and holds up well. Johnston and Santos are, without a doubt, our first choice centre half pairing - Aimson and Baptiste weren't on top form. Thomason and Darcy impressed as well.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:18 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:36 pm
Another good performance. Possession stats must have been high 70s or 80s. We struggled to convert that into chances in the 1st half, but stepped it up a gear in the 2nd.

Clear that the emphasis is on high tempo short passes and stretching the play wide as much as possible. Both full backs and wingers are encouraged to be on the touchline, dragging the opposition out of shape and allowing gaps for the midfield to come through.

Sheehan looks a player. Always wants the ball, always in space. Credit also to Comley, who played well in a similar sort of role. Amaechi and Dapo didn't have quite the impact as last time. Bakayoko gives us a very good option up top - quick, strong, chases down and holds up well. Johnston and Santos are, without a doubt, our first choice centre half pairing - Aimson and Baptiste weren't on top form. Thomason and Darcy impressed as well.

Thanks Truewhite. Your write-ups are much appreciated by those who can’t be in attendance :pray:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:24 pm

Seconded - thanks mate.

Evatt confirms Politic and Doyle are self-isolating; Crawford is injured.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... colls-win/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:28 am

You can’t tell a lot from these sorts of games. Thought second half Thomason and Darcy looked good. And notably when he came on so did Comley. Is there redemption from Brandon?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:54 am

Can’t see Brandon getting past MJ, Tutte, Sheehan, Lee or Thomason. I’m more bothered about how young George develops this year - will he get enough game time?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:54 am
Can’t see Brandon getting past MJ, Tutte, Sheehan, Lee or Thomason. I’m more bothered about how young George develops this year - will he get enough game time?
He’d only have to offer a credible back up to MJ given they are the only two holding midfield players on the books really. I get it’s unlikely but he did look sharp.

Darcy probably the one to really catch the eye.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:51 pm

Evatt on the squad:
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... colls-win/
We are looking to move a couple of players on but we are waiting for opportunities on that front at the moment. We are looking to bring more in and if the right one came along we would look at it but I am happy with where we are at. I think it would be tough to pick an 11 at the moment. And that is what we want.
Evatt on Crawford:
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ture-club/
He’s had a calf injury that he had picked up over the summer, so we are waiting for him to come back and train. He isn’t ready yet.

Doors for all players are never shut really. Obviously as you can see it is really competitive, so then it boils down to player decision. We are never going to boot anybody out of the football club. It is not the way I do things, but if players want regular first team football and we can’t guarantee them this, we won’t be standing in people’s way.
Evatt on Doyle & Politic:
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ses-squad/
Dennis has Covid, Eoin Doyle has Covid. We, like everybody else at the moment, have Covid issues. It seems really prevalent all across society so it’s just something we need to deal with and limit risk as best we can and hopefully the other lads don’t pick it up. They’re fine, absolutely fine. No issues. It’s just obviously following protocol so that’s what we have to do. Dennis was self-isolating from Friday so that takes him to Monday. Eoin only tested positive yesterday (Monday, July 12) so he’ll be 10 days.”

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:55 pm

Oh, forgot to mention. I was speaking to Matt Gilks pre-game (and what a nice bloke he is), and he mentioned that he's a couple of weeks behind the rest due to knee surgery, but expects to be involved tomorrow. Also, Matt Alexander is due to go out on loan to Lancaster, but will still be training with us.

I'm not due at any more pre-season games until Blackburn, so I'm hoping that somebody else picks up the review baton!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:55 pm
I'm not due at any more pre-season games until Blackburn, so I'm hoping that somebody else picks up the review baton!
Nightmare! Anyone got tickets for tomorrow? Any idea why the allocation was so low too? Less than Bury AFC got apparently.

Off to Barrow the week after with Bijou Bob and Burnden Paddock, so one of us will do a report then. Whatever the result, Bob's report is likely to end with "We're going down with this team" such is his optimistic and cheery demeanour these days.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Nightmare! Anyone got tickets for tomorrow? Any idea why the allocation was so low too? Less than Bury AFC got apparently.

Off to Barrow the week after with Bijou Bob and Burnden Paddock, so one of us will do a report then. Whatever the result, Bob's report is likely to end with "We're going down with this team" such is his optimistic and cheery demeanour these days.
I just hope the pies are reasonably priced.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:12 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Oh, forgot to mention. I was speaking to Matt Gilks pre-game (and what a nice bloke he is), and he mentioned that he's a couple of weeks behind the rest due to knee surgery, but expects to be involved tomorrow. Also, Matt Alexander is due to go out on loan to Lancaster, but will still be training with us.

Forgot to mention?! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:20 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:12 pm
truewhite15 wrote:

Forgot to mention?! :D
Aye. I was going to put that in my match round-up post, but it just totally slipped my mind!