Opening day

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9240
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Opening day

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.
...

knobpolisher
Promising
Promising
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:52 pm
Location: Sunny Southport

Re: Opening day

Post by knobpolisher » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:12 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.
Am I thick because I don't understand this ?
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37147
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Opening day

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:15 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:40 am
Amortisation. My eyes glazed over at that point! Bonuses? Back handers? Not included in the accounts?
If you're coming down to LHP later I'll happily talk you through EBITDA. At least it'll keep your mind off the pain of running. ;)

Of course, what is always difficult to explain / account for is that football exists within the economic structure of the fecking madhouse!
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: Opening day

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:20 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:12 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.
Am I thick because I don't understand this ?
AFC Wimbledon away in 2020 was the second last game we had before they canned the season. LeverEnd was there, as was I, and a number of others. The last time some of us went to a game will now be, as chance would have it, the first one we will have a chance to go back to.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20899
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Opening day

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:07 pm

The Mighty Flanners and I are already making plans for Plymouth away on a Tuesday. Stop at Stonehenge for a butty (dry in his case - nowt moist).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37147
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Opening day

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:16 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.
You're too young to have been around when we were playing Swindon twice a week for two months :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9240
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Opening day

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:16 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.
You're too young to have been around when we were playing Swindon twice a week for two months :D
No I remember that as a teenager. 5 games was it?
...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Opening day

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:06 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.

Same club, different ground. The new one takes 1,400-odd away supporters. Is it possible STHs will snap up the tickets (first awayday, new ground etc)?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: Opening day

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:59 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:06 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.

Same club, different ground. The new one takes 1,400-odd away supporters. Is it possible STHs will snap up the tickets (first awayday, new ground etc)?

That's kinda my worry (from a selfish point of view, of course). Demand for that game will be enormous compared with previous ones, and dare I say it, away days later in the season. Fingers will remain crossed, however.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Opening day

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:53 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:59 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:06 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.

Same club, different ground. The new one takes 1,400-odd away supporters. Is it possible STHs will snap up the tickets (first awayday, new ground etc)?

That's kinda my worry (from a selfish point of view, of course). Demand for that game will be enormous compared with previous ones, and dare I say it, away days later in the season. Fingers will remain crossed, however.

And it will be Wimbledon's first game in the new ground in front of their supporters, so it'll be a sell out.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

GhostoftheBok
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Opening day

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:15 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:53 pm

And it will be Wimbledon's first game in the new ground in front of their supporters, so it'll be a sell out.
Hope so. After what happened to that club you can only wish them all the best. Hope we batter them, obviously...

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20899
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Opening day

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:28 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:23 pm
papajohns.jpeg

Not quite opening day but fixture related nonetheless - Wanderers have been place into Group D (Northern Section) of the Papa John's Trophy with Port Vale and Rochdale (Prem U21 team TBC)

Full details here: https://www.efl.com/news/2021/june/papa ... oup-stage/
The Prem U21 team is Liverpool.

And in AN ENTIRELY SEPARATE COMPETITION formerly known as the Rumbelows, we're playing Barnsley at home.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3415
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Opening day

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:16 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am
That'll do.
Potentially a sunny day out at Wimbledon as well. Might take the once in a lifetime chance of going to consecutive away days at the same club.
You're too young to have been around when we were playing Swindon twice a week for two months :D

I went to all 4 games. Thanks to hospital appointments coinciding with both away games! 😬

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 30 guests