Loan Watch

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Loan Watch

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Dennis Politic an unused sub yesterday for Port Vale...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Loan Watch

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:53 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:04 pm
Reiss Greenidge not even on the bench as Barnet opened their fifth-tier season with a 5-0 whupping at home to Notts County (who brought on Adam Chicksen as sub)

Ronan Darcy also not involved in midweek game at Sogndal (where one team-mate is the son of Stig-Inge Bjornebye - perhaps they can bond over varying memories of David Lee)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Not to make you feel old, but I don't remember David Lee playing for us, and I'm 13 years older than Ronan :D

He hasn't coached me, mind.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:25 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:53 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:04 pm
Reiss Greenidge not even on the bench as Barnet opened their fifth-tier season with a 5-0 whupping at home to Notts County (who brought on Adam Chicksen as sub)

Ronan Darcy also not involved in midweek game at Sogndal (where one team-mate is the son of Stig-Inge Bjornebye - perhaps they can bond over varying memories of David Lee)
Darcy not in Norway yet - tied up in Covid red tape.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Darcy has just posted this photo on Instagram which looks a lot like Norway...

Sogndal’s next game is this Saturday, will be interesting to see if he gets any minutes.

EA548ECC-5A80-4E06-A1E6-26666875E4D3.png
EA548ECC-5A80-4E06-A1E6-26666875E4D3.png (3.78 MiB) Viewed 2892 times

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:59 am

Certainly looks a bit different where Ronan is - great opportunity to knuckle down and play football with no distractions.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:56 am

No Darcy in Sogndal’s squad on Saturday (possibly not registered in time).

Politic on the bench for Vale but did not come on in a minorly surprising 2-0 away victory for them at Forest Green.

Luke Hutchinson started for Atherton as they lost 2-0 to Morpeth.

Matty Alexander kept a clean sheet for Lancaster as they beat Mickelover Sports (who?!) 3-0.

Incidentally Colls and Lancaster play each other today, so a direct head-to-head for the young Wanderers keepers. I’d guess this means neither are likely to feature in that daft cup for us tomorrow.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:25 am

Is that three games Politic hasn’t managed to get a minute of action for there? Yet our fans thought he should start here…shows where he is at right now I suspect.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:25 am

I think a goalkeeper could play on successive days, but it might be one for Gilks. There will be rules restricting mass changes and we might focus elsewhere. Senior needs a game. But I doubt we will pick Comley or Crawford… the transfer deadline is 11pm…

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:25 am
Is that three games Politic hasn’t managed to get a minute of action for there? Yet our fans thought he should start here…shows where he is at right now I suspect.
I suspect it's fitness. I don't know if Port Vale have been in a position to be comfortable enough to risk him yet. I'm sure he'll get his chance.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:04 pm

Josh Sheehan has been called up for international duty with Wales. Nice.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:40 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I suspect it's fitness. I don't know if Port Vale have been in a position to be comfortable enough to risk him yet. I'm sure he'll get his chance.
I think you're right. I'm sure they'd have been keen to have given him a run in the Papa Johns this week but since they're playing us, i assume they can't.

Politic was one of the few bright spots of the aborted Keith Hill season. If he can reach that level again, he'll be great for us next season.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yep. But if he’s not fit enough to start for league two Vale or even get some minutes off the bench then clearly he wasn’t going to figure much in league one.

It’s a good chance to get his fitness and whatever. Though does sound like he may be less willing than Darcy to sign a deal here.

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Sadly Harry, I think we’ve seen the last of DP here at Bolton. I really can’t understand IE sending him out when he isn’t going to get regular playing time. I have this feeling that he doesn’t really rate him, despite all the nice things he said about him whilst fighting his injury. The fact he hasn’t signed his contract also tends to infer that we’re not overly serious about keeping him. I may be totally wrong and indeed hope I am but I fear that Denis will be off to pastures new at the end of his current deal.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:23 pm

I didn't think Evatt rated either Politic or Darcy, however we offered them both contract extensions in the knowledge that next season they will be of an age where they count towards the squad limit. That is a clear show of faith.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:23 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:23 pm
I didn't think Evatt rated either Politic or Darcy, however we offered them both contract extensions in the knowledge that next season they will be of an age where they count towards the squad limit. That is a clear show of faith.
Big difference in not thinking they are good enough now vs thinking they have potential.

I get the feeling that Evatt for all his progressive modern managerisms is more of the Allardyce school of players needing to physically fill out adapt in first team football before being thrown in. I get the feeling he’s not won over by tricks and flicks but more by physical output. As time has gone on it’s more apparent that he’s a play out from the back version of Big Sam.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:56 am
No Darcy in Sogndal’s squad on Saturday (possibly not registered in time).

Politic on the bench for Vale but did not come on in a minorly surprising 2-0 away victory for them at Forest Green.

Luke Hutchinson started for Atherton as they lost 2-0 to Morpeth.

Matty Alexander kept a clean sheet for Lancaster as they beat Mickelover Sports (who?!) 3-0.

Incidentally Colls and Lancaster play each other today, so a direct head-to-head for the young Wanderers keepers. I’d guess this means neither are likely to feature in that daft cup for us tomorrow.
Aaaand Hutchinson has been stretchered off. Hope he's ok.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:23 pm

Reading between lines, ( in addition to agreeing with I.E.'s latest comments) and as a general observation, there seems to be a touch of "divine right" about our panic need for a striker right now. We have quite a few players surely who can score goals, in addition to a designated striker (Doyle) and who has done his job well enough so far. What matter who scores the goals as long as somebody does? Doyle, Sarcevic, Sheehan, Isgrove, Daps, Kachunga etc,etc,, surely Saturday showed that a better finishing performance all round is what's needed from what/who we have rather than trying to find a last minute wonder boy to solve our problems. .Even Cambridge reckoned we're the best team they've played so far, so we're surely not far away from good?

Shout me down if you will, but that's my view. Sharpen our knives rather than needing to buy a new set.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:57 pm

Whitesince63 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:54 pm
Sadly Harry, I think we’ve seen the last of DP here at Bolton. I really can’t understand IE sending him out when he isn’t going to get regular playing time. I have this feeling that he doesn’t really rate him, despite all the nice things he said about him whilst fighting his injury. The fact he hasn’t signed his contract also tends to infer that we’re not overly serious about keeping him. I may be totally wrong and indeed hope I am but I fear that Denis will be off to pastures new at the end of his current deal.
It'd be a real shame if that happens imo. He was scoring goals and standing out at L1 level in a struggling side. That said we can't afford to risk offering long term contracts to players who have potential. They dont fulfill it or in this case, recover from injury fully it's an extra expense we could do without.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:32 am

Oh for an Iron man Kevin Davies right now... :Jedi: