Loan Watch

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Loan Watch

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:08 pm
If we can't recall him until Jan you'd imagine we will look at the market more than Dennis. I desperately want the academy lads to do well, but he has only just got himself into the team at Vale and we're unlikely to bank our promotion drive (as Evatt will see it) on him.

The trouble Dennis has is he's unlikely to be recalled to drive us up the leagues and if we did manage to go up he's unlikely to be seen as a key part of a Championship squad. You can understand him holding fire on the new deal until he sees how things look.
Yeah I think this is the conundrum (on top of the contract issue). Bring him back - he doesn't count to squad cap - but does he play? Ameachi might be back and stay or other options come in? And Dapo sits in Politic's most natural position unless Dapo is moved permanently inside which I'm not too sure on for games against stronger better sides. So anyway - we're left with the problem of bringing him back and probably seeing him as a sub VS him staying and getting game time at PV.

Unless Evatt thinks he's ready for our first team and carves out a place for him its a tough one. We need options to change games but does that hurt his career development?

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Short highlight reel of 19 year old keeper Luke Hutchinson (on loan at Atherton Collieries) against Gainsborough Trinity on Saturday.

I’ve never seen this lad live and I’m no GK expert but he does look to have something about him from the clips I’ve seen. Very athletic with excellent reflexes.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 pm
We need options to change games but does that hurt his career development?
I don't think any of us can really answer that. Some players develop better on loan and some are better working with their club set up.

I'd be tempted to say that the biggest plus he can have during the loan is proving his fitness, rather than his ability. He's scoring goals and apparently playing well and I'm delighted by that; but I think what the manager needs to know is that he can regularly play 90 minutes.

The fact he's coming off the bench and scoring goals at Vale won't do him any harm if Evatt wants an impact sub, though.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Dennis has been catching the eye of the man who sent him on loan as he admits he might recall him in January.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... c-january/

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:53 pm

Reiss Greenidge has scored the winning goal for Barnet against Stockport in a 2-1 win. Poetic

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Ronan Darcy starts for Sogndal against 15th (second bottom) Stjørdals-Blink. Has just kicked off, hopefully he gets 90 minutes, something he's yet to achieve (longest he's been on the pitch is 64 minutes).

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:11 pm

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:57 pm

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:23 pm

Hopefully the lad is okay. When I saw it was cancelled I assumed it was weather-related and was cursing Darcy's luck. I feel an idiot now. Is this sort of things getting more common, or just covered more?

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:00 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:23 pm
Hopefully the lad is okay. When I saw it was cancelled I assumed it was weather-related and was cursing Darcy's luck. I feel an idiot now. Is this sort of things getting more common, or just covered more?
I was thinking the same earlier, I’m sure it must just be that it’s covered more now - t’internet and social media etc etc

Thankfully sounds like the guy’s okay.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:09 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:00 pm
I was thinking the same earlier, I’m sure it must just be that it’s covered more now - t’internet and social media etc etc

Thankfully sounds like the guy’s okay.
Same with Sergio Aguero. Luckily they caught his issue before he collpased.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Sounds like Politic is giving Liverpool's U21s a fairly torrid time in the Pizza Cup - currently HT with him having bagged a goal and an assist.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:39 pm

I see a lot of people on twitter are saying that this shows Dennis Should never have gone on loan. Putting aside that it's vs a youth side, isn't think precisely why we sent him out? I'm glad to see he's playing well recently . Hopefully he plays regularly until Jan and we can asses his position then. At that stage if he comes back he does so (hopefully) fit and flying.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:55 pm

Aye, I agree, great to see him doing well. If he'd had weeks of football behind him he'd have been a great option for us now but if he'd stayed here he wouldn't so... wouldn't!

Makes perfect sense to have him back in Jan fit and ready to push.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:16 am

Brilliant to see a young player back and fit and playing well, whether he comes back or not. I don't think he will. Evatt won't play him. A bit like Darcy last season no matter how badly others played.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:16 am
Brilliant to see a young player back and fit and playing well, whether he comes back or not. I don't think he will. Evatt won't play him. A bit like Darcy last season no matter how badly others played.
Evatt has shown he is perfectly happy to give young players football. It's up the players to impress him, either in training or on loan.

Thomason, Gordon, Brockbank, Dapo and Johnston have all been trusted by Evatt with good opportunities. I suspect Amaechi will be too.

We have offered Politic a contract and given him the chance to showcase himself on loan. I'm not sure what else Evatt could do.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:51 am

I'm not blaming evatt, I'm just saying I don't think hes keen, and I imagine Politic's development might be better served elsewhere. Its mainly based on his apparent stubbornness re Darcy last season and I could be wrong. I see the contract offer as bet hedging really, and it's interest that it's not been taken up.

It will draw criticism of evatt if we continue to fire blanks and he's doing well, but it's worth nothing that he's doing it in league 2 and thr gulf in standard has been amply demonstrated by some of our current first teamers.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:35 am

Gulf in standard between L1 and L2 is big, blurred by the quality of the National League as well. Without doubt if we could recall Politic now we would and he would be in the team though. I suspect falling out with Sarcevic and playing Isgrove at right back were not in Evatts August plans. But still frustrating seeing him on loan somewhere else and doing what we need someone to do!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:41 am

I don't see Politic as some kind of panacea who's going to magically fix all our problems, but if he continues to produce for Vale over the next few months I think we should at least bring him back in Jan and give him a shot. That is of course assuming we are able to do so, but I'm pretty sure Iles confirmed we have a recall option.

Maybe he won't sign a new contract anyway, but if we leave him out on loan and he keeps doing well then it's very likely he signs somewhere else in the summer, and we get nowt for developing him. Bring him back for the second half of the season and we give him the chance to show he's good enough for League One, and if he sees he's being given opportunities at Bolton then there's a greater chance he signs a new deal.

If he's left at Vale then our hierarchy are essentially confirming that they don't think he's good enough and are showing him the door.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:53 am

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:41 am
I don't see Politic as some kind of panacea who's going to magically fix all our problems, but if he continues to produce for Vale over the next few months I think we should at least bring him back in Jan and give him a shot. That is of course assuming we are able to do so, but I'm pretty sure Iles confirmed we have a recall option.

Maybe he won't sign a new contract anyway, but if we leave him out on loan and he keeps doing well then it's very likely he signs somewhere else in the summer, and we get nowt for developing him. Bring him back for the second half of the season and we give him the chance to show he's good enough for League One, and if he sees he's being given opportunities at Bolton then there's a greater chance he signs a new deal.

If he's left at Vale then our hierarchy are essentially confirming that they don't think he's good enough and are showing him the door.
Not that clear cut. Maybe he's not Evatt's sort of personality? Maybe they've fallen out.

There is something weird going on with Politic. Out on loan Ronan signed a new deal straight away. Politic hasn't. So either he doesn't fancy life here under Evatt or he thinks he's worth more. Because ultimately the club offered him a deal.