Up fer't Caraboa Cup. V. Wigan away 24-08 21. 19-45...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Up fer't Caraboa Cup. V. Wigan away 24-08 21. 19-45...

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 pm

https://youtu.be/CkFCbDChrzE?t=938

The lad looks devastated.

Great to see Dapo and Doyler go to check he's ok.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 pm
https://youtu.be/CkFCbDChrzE?t=938

The lad looks devastated.

Great to see Dapo and Doyler go to check he's ok.
So much for his bad attitude. He does care. Hope he can pull it together because we need the pre baby Delf back!
Our squad depth needs improving based on comments on the performances of our back-up players. We need an MJ2, Jones upgrade, and another forward/winger due to injuries before the transfer window closes to challenge for promotion. It means we have to shift Comley, Crawford and Brocky (loan?) to make this happen.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 pm

Rather than loan out utility sub Brocky, we could defroster Liam Edwards until January. Still injured.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 pm
Rather than loan out utility sub Brocky, we could defroster Liam Edwards until January. Still injured.
Lad's been injured for the best part of two years now. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to cut it here.

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Can we first please stop using Delfs colour as some reason for criticism of him that’s just ridiculous. He’s being criticised because he’s not performing despite having a wealth of opportunities last season to prove he could. Neither Maddison nor Crawford are black yet look at the stick they got. Even Sarce was getting pelters last year and he isn’t black either, so please come on let’s just stick to common sense. Everybody would love for Delf to deliver the obvious ability he possesses but sadly he just doesn’t. This isn’t new, he was the same at Blackpool and how strange it is that as soon as they move him on they get promotion? Sorry but the guys just not doing it so how many chances do you give him? If we seriously want promotion this year we just can’t have passengers like Delf I’m afraid, however nice a guy he is.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:33 am

Si, I forgot about Edwards!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:40 am

Whitesince63 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:42 pm
Can we first please stop using Delfs colour as some reason for criticism of him that’s just ridiculous. He’s being criticised because he’s not performing despite having a wealth of opportunities last season to prove he could. Neither Maddison nor Crawford are black yet look at the stick they got. Even Sarce was getting pelters last year and he isn’t black either, so please come on let’s just stick to common sense. Everybody would love for Delf to deliver the obvious ability he possesses but sadly he just doesn’t. This isn’t new, he was the same at Blackpool and how strange it is that as soon as they move him on they get promotion? Sorry but the guys just not doing it so how many chances do you give him? If we seriously want promotion this year we just can’t have passengers like Delf I’m afraid, however nice a guy he is.
Erm, nobody was.

Whether he's good enough or offers enough to where we want to be as a team, is a fair question. However, I'm hoping we've moved on as a club and a fanbase that no one wearing the shirt and giving their all, is subject to pelters anymore.

Anyone who thinks he's lazy or disinterested can get to feck though!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:04 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:33 am
This was IE's update on the Liam Edwards situation a few weeks ago.

Like ICB though, I too had forgotten about the lad.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ry-update/
May the bridges I burn light your way

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:15 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:40 am
Whitesince63 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:42 pm
Erm, nobody was.

Whether he's good enough or offers enough to where we want to be as a team, is a fair question. However, I'm hoping we've moved on as a club and a fanbase that no one wearing the shirt and giving their all, is subject to pelters anymore.

Anyone who thinks he's lazy or disinterested can get to feck though!

Nobody was? You were you pumpkin, it was you who brought it up in the first place when there was absolutely no need to drag race into it. Players who continually underperform are always going to get pelters, it’s part of the game. Delf plainly hasn’t been good enough for ages and whatever the reason, if this club is to go forward then we can’t afford players to do that. Better for him to move on and start again and we bring in a replacement who will contribute more.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 am

Sigh. I was merely asking the question whether the terms lazy and cant be arsed, were terms only attributed to black players. I've no issue with folk being upset about his form, him missing a penalty etc. You were perhaps too busy booing the players taking a knee, to concentrate on what i wrote :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:48 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:04 am
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:33 am
This was IE's update on the Liam Edwards situation a few weeks ago.

Like ICB though, I too had forgotten about the lad.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ry-update/
Surely we're not going to register him as a player in our final squad? We can't afford to waste an overage space on someone who realistically is not going to play for us this season.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:04 am

Has anyone heard any murmurings, that we're still looking to strengthen the squad? I know there's plenty of views about how we might make "space" in the current roster, but I'm a bit short on mentions from IE, that we're still looking to strengthen.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 am

Iles had something in the last week. Along the lines of "if the right player became available, from our shortlist".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:15 am

Poor lad. He looked a decent prospect in those few early games, i remember the team caving after he'd gone off at Rochdale in the league cup. He'll do very well to come back from such a long term injury and carve a career out in the game.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:39 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:15 am
Poor lad. He looked a decent prospect in those few early games, i remember the team caving after he'd gone off at Rochdale in the league cup. He'll do very well to come back from such a long term injury and carve a career out in the game.
I remember the team caving at Lincoln with him in it, although TBF he was somewhat out of position at left-back, and that was such a cavey team it may as well have been managed by Cavey Davey and skippered by Captain Caveman.

I have nowt against the lad, who looked decent enough, and I dearly hope he can make a career for himself. It sounds like his rehab has been affected by various unrelated complications rather than the original injury constantly recurring, which would be more worrying. However, germane to the conversation about squad size, I certainly think he would understand if we deregistered him until January in order to get someone in. As I understand it, he could still play in the reserves (if able). And TBH it was far harsher last season to deregister Mascoll and Hickman, a decision nobody complained about.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 am
Iles had something in the last week. Along the lines of "if the right player became available, from our shortlist".
Thanks. :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 am
Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 am
Thanks. :-)
Same this morning - I've transferred it to the gossip thread :mrgreen:

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 am
Sigh. I was merely asking the question whether the terms lazy and cant be arsed, were terms only attributed to black players. I've no issue with folk being upset about his form, him missing a penalty etc. You were perhaps too busy booing the players taking a knee, to concentrate on what i wrote :wink:

Ha, I’m sure we can all think of people of all colours who fit the bill of being lazy and can’t be arsed Harry! And that’s besides the footballers! 😉

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:18 pm

I have an image of Edwards encased in carbonate like Han Solo. No wonder he's struggled, poor lad.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:22 pm

Whitesince63 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:40 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 am

Ha, I’m sure we can all think of people of all colours who fit the bill of being lazy and can’t be arsed Harry! And that’s besides the footballers! 😉

Not the point. Those labels thrown at Delf for no good reason yet Crawford for example when criticised was mainly just given the label of ‘lost it since his injury’.

Delf gets labelled in a way that I think sub consciously in some cases people wouldn’t use for a white player. You can argue that as much as you want and nobody can ever prove it but subconscious bias is a thing.