And a Po(r)t o Vale, Papa John please. 7-0clock Unibol.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: And a Po(r)t o Vale, Papa John please. 7-0clock Unibol.

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:39 pm

Not sure I agree with the comments on Brockbank. He looked a perfectly able RB deputy to me, as did Gordon.

Delf improved in the 2nd half, which I'm happy to see. Kachunga was really neither here nor there, both out wide and in the middle. Thought Tutte and Thomason both had decent games.

Opinions/arseholes etc etc

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 am

I f*cking told you all Dapo was the real deal, btw.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:29 am

sonicthewhite wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:08 pm
I wonder if he'll give Tutte and Thomasson a run out together in the middle tonight? Can't keep relying on MJ.
I was surprised that he did indeed go with Tutte and Thomasson though by account they worked well overall together, and onviously they were ring rusty. I think IE did well to keep most of the core spine in place ie Doyle, Sarce, Santos, Dixon.

All in all an overall good performance. Team minutes gained, goals scored, goals conceded (which give a training focus for the coaches to deal with and to top it off the run out for som ebrings them that little bit closerr to full first team fitness.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:47 am

sonicthewhite wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:29 am
sonicthewhite wrote:
I wonder if he'll give Tutte and Thomasson a run out together in the middle tonight? Can't keep relying on MJ.
I was surprised that he did indeed go with Tutte and Thomasson though by account they worked well overall together, and onviously they were ring rusty. I think IE did well to keep most of the core spine in place ie Doyle, Sarce, Santos, Dixon.

All in all an overall good performance. Team minutes gained, goals scored, goals conceded (which give a training focus for the coaches to deal with and to top it off the run out for som ebrings them that little bit closerr to full first team fitness.
Sarce and Dixon didn’t start?

Beyond all that I’m not sure I’d describe it as a good performance playing a second string League two side potentially highlighted areas where we lack strength in depth. Or quality in depth if you like. But the job was done. I’d definitely like to see some of these lads improve especially the younger ones who both for me seemingly have gone backwards somewhat.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:49 am

sonicthewhite wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:29 am
sonicthewhite wrote:

Sarce came on late during the game, Dixon unfortunately didn't play !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:25 am

Sarce and Dixon didn’t start?
My bad, misread the paper. IE did well to keep half the spine in :lol:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:40 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 am
I f*cking told you all Dapo was the real deal, btw.
Based on the highlight replays, his goal was deserving of high praise. He had no time to set up the shot, there were defenders growing like rhubarb all around him, and hitting the inside of the post showed how fine the angle of aim was; a couple of inches each way and either the keeper would have reached it or it would have been wide. Great work in the assist too. Altogether a fine goal. :pray:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am

First time I've had a chance to catch up with the highlights.

Perhaps best we don't get embroiled in a seven page goalie discussion again. ;)

May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:52 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am
First time I've had a chance to catch up with the highlights.

Perhaps best we don't get embroiled in a seven page goalie discussion again. ;)

It was appalling goalkeeping for both goals and indeed the scramble at the end. No idea what is going on there. Possibly needs a few reserve games to get up to speed but he came in from the cold far far better last season. Perhaps the injury and op over the summer have taken their toll?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:11 pm

He’s certainly not pushing for his first team spot back let’s put it that way.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:26 pm

On their 2nd goal as it happened, i was more disappointed with Santos letting the striker get his shot away, than i was with Gilkes not stopping it.

At least last night highlighted we don't have strength in depth and it'll be another 2 or 3 windows before we've moved folk on and brought better in.

Oh and Isgrove was great again.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:26 pm
On their 2nd goal as it happened, i was more disappointed with Santos letting the striker get his shot away, than i was with Gilkes not stopping it.

At least last night highlighted we don't have strength in depth and it'll be another 2 or 3 windows before we've moved folk on and brought better in.

Santos kept him wide, and made it a more difficult angle which you'd expect any pro keeper to deal with. All Gilks that for me.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:29 pm

I'd have saved it.... Ok maybe not with my eyesight. :shock:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:01 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:29 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:26 pm

Santos kept him wide, and made it a more difficult angle which you'd expect any pro keeper to deal with. All Gilks that for me.
First impressions only, the defence appeared slow to react and yes, Gilkes will be gutted to be beaten at his near post. However, it was hit hard and with the light ball there's always a chance it goes in. Forcing someone wide is pointless if they can still get a shot on target. I say that as a former centre half of note in the Horwich Sunday League :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Both PV goals were dreadful all round. Defending and keeping. Not having that Santos 'kept him wide' he needed to get closer and try and block the angle. But even then Gilks should save it.

The first goal I thought had been deflected but that was even worse goalkeeping looking at the replay.

The defending for the first goal is some of the worst you will see too.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 pm

Their 1st goal was definitely deflected. Gilkes was certainly going the right way when it flicked off someone and changed direction.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 pm
Their 1st goal was definitely deflected. Gilkes was certainly going the right way when it flicked off someone and changed direction.
Couldn't see from the replay angle but you'd hope it was deflected looking at poor old Gilks.
Re Santos, not saying it was great defending but he didn't get turned inside out and made the guy shoot from an angle that you'd expect a keeper to cover.
(From my perspective as former Sharples staff 5 a side utility man.)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Slowed the video down and don't see a deflection. If there was it was very very slight.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:50 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Slowed the video down and don't see a deflection. If there was it was very very slight.
Deflects off Thomasson, was going near post but then goes to the left. Goal either way so meh.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:21 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:50 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Deflects off Thomasson, was going near post but then goes to the left. Goal either way so meh.
Slow it down - far as I can see it goes in at the near post - think it clips the inside of that post.