Racism - Elias Kachunga

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Racism - Elias Kachunga

Post by DJBlu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:37 pm

Having just read the club statement about the messages that Elias Kachunga has received on social media I thought it necessary to voice my disgust and outrage at the vile abuse.

I would like to extend our support as a forum to Elias.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Racism - Elias Kachunga

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:44 pm

I absolutely and whole-heartedly agree. This is why players take the knee.

We're with you, Elias.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Th police need to catch and make an example of this sad sack. Talking won't help, action needed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:08 pm

Wholeheartedly echo the sentiment of the OP. It’s cowardly, vile and downright shameful. I hope the perpetrator is caught and has the ability to enter any football stadium removed from them.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:30 pm

Well said DJ. Club have responded really well. Down to us supporters to show him the love now. We're all Wanderers, kick one of us you kick all of us
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 am

Sad, sad people in the world. Hope they catch the scote

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 am

Completely disgusting and reflects back on our society. Stand with Elias and the club in calling this out. This is more than just ‘individuals’ we all need to take responsibility in ensuring this stuff doesn’t happen.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:00 am

Action needed. WBA did well yesterday with a lifetime ban for some 50-year-old twunt who’d abused Romaine Sawyers via social media - eight months ago: he was found guilty in court yesterday. It’ll be a slow process but it needs zero tolerance from the platforms (they have sufficient screening technology), the players (but what a job that is, scrolling to check for abuse), the clubs (well done BWFC) and the fans - it needs uncomfortable confrontations in the stands.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:45 am

The club statement said he received horrible racist messages. That's enough to convince me they've come from a racist. It matters not one whit whether the perpetrator is white and to assume that would also be racist. They might not even be a Bolton fan for all we know.

Just hope the Club find them and act.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:45 am
The club statement said he received horrible racist messages. That's enough to convince me they've come from a racist. It matters not one whit whether the perpetrator is white and to assume that would also be racist. They might not even be a Bolton fan for all we know.

Whoever they claim to support - the definitely aren't a Bolton fan...in any sense of the word!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:46 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:45 am

Whoever they claim to support - the definitely aren't a Bolton fan...in any sense of the word!
The intimation given is that the perp is neither a Bolton nor a Burton fan, or at least obviously so - but the account has been deleted.

As you say, such people are beneath the label of “supporters” of any team whatsoever; being a diehard Brewer wouldn’t excuse it. Sadly it is now possible for scum to set up an anonymous untraceable account just for the sake of abusing people. That will be harder to eradicate (unless the platforms act) but what we fans can do is make clear that any form of racism - or homophobia, etc and so on - is unacceptable.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:40 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 am
[/quote]The intimation given is that the perp is neither a Bolton nor a Burton fan, or at least obviously so - but the account has been deleted.

[/quote]

The only answer till they're caught. The internet is a platform for sad keyboard warrior clowns crying out for attention. Giving them attention is playing their sick game; the last thing they want to see, in the title of a Beatles song, is "No Reply". Very hard not to be outraged and retaliate, but isn't that just what they want?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:28 pm

Now it’s “discriminatory and hateful” abuse of Dapo in a video this afternoon.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ich-clash/

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:59 pm

In this day and age it's absolutely shameful.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:28 pm
Now it’s “discriminatory and hateful” abuse of Dapo in a video this afternoon.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ich-clash/
Saw it. Disgraceful. Seems like a bloke who has a history of doing this too.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:37 pm

I’ve seen that video of the fan re Dapo. The bloke looks mentally deranged - I’m not sure he’s functioning right.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:37 pm
I’ve seen that video of the fan re Dapo. The bloke looks mentally deranged - I’m not sure he’s functioning right.
Do you have a link you can send me privately?

I'm interested to see what the fuss is about but I don't really want to assist in giving an idiot a platform to spout racist abuse.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:07 pm

I had a look and it’s disappeared - probably at the request of club, fan or possibly police. I’m not giving it anymore air time. I didn’t use the right terminology above (mixture of annoyance and alcohol) but I genuinely think the person on the original video wasn’t quite all there up top. What he needs is assistance on channeling his aggression - I think part of the issue now is how widespread a lot of the terminology associated with these Neanderthals is - making copycat more common.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:07 pm
I think part of the issue now is how widespread a lot of the terminology associated with these Neanderthals is - making copycat more common.
The only real terminology is "not right" for these people . Racism is just another band-waggon for them to jump on.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:41 am

No, you misunderstand me. I mean because coverage and condemnation is so widespread (rightly) it makes it easier for young/stupid/naive people to say something hurtful when an opposition player winds them up - they know what will hurt them. Not excusing it at all.