Freddie Hill R.I.P.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Freddie Hill R.I.P.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:30 pm

Another great Whites hero passes on. Freddie,81, in his day was a real star at Burnden. I worked with his form a while at Frannie Lee's paper mill and he was a mate of my brothers. God bless a great lad and a true White. R.I.P.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Freddie Hill R.I.P.

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:30 pm
Another great Whites hero passes on. Freddie,81, in his day was a real star at Burnden. I worked with his form a while at Frannie Lee's paper mill and he was a mate of my brothers. God bless a great lad and a true White. R.I.P.
RIP Freddie, my dad's favourite player. I remember how pleased he was to bump into him one night in the Lodge Bank Tavern. Like a starstruck kid.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:39 pm

During the late 60s someone on the Embankment draped a banner which had "Freddy Hill alias God" printed on. I remember him well as a player, very skilled and a great ball player. Thanks for the memories Fred, RIP.

ZionHans
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ZionHans » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:42 am

I’m hoping you would share your thoughts on how important it is to reply to comments on your blog. ole777 app