Plymouth match

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Plymouth match

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:58 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:02 pm
Ryan Lowe leaves Plymouth to manage Preston. Interesting.
Good manager. Done well. And that feels like a good appointment for Preston. Ideal potentially.
Yeah, I've thought before that he would make a good manager for us at some point; that'll now be informed by his adventures up the road. But the fact they first tried to approach Gareth Ainsworth, who is also a good manager but has a completely different style, suggests there may not be clarity of thinking at board level.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:36 pm

I'm surprised he's not taking his assistant Steven Schumacher with him. I see Ipswich got shot of Paul Cook this week while his assistant in his previous job is top of the lesgue with his side. I'll be watching PNEs scores with interest.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:59 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:36 pm
I'm surprised he's not taking his assistant Steven Schumacher with him.
So am I - they've been quite the Scouse double act at Bury and Plymouth, but maybe Schuey fancies a go at the top job and he's walked into a good one there at Plymouth – not often your first role in charge is at a club heading for promotion to the second tier in a place where everybody knows your name. Interesting to see how Lowe gets by without his No.2; some managers need a certain sidekick but the very best (IMO) can thrive with various partners.
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:36 pm
I see Ipswich got shot of Paul Cook this week while his assistant in his previous job is top of the lesgue with his side. I'll be watching PNEs scores with interest.
Yeah, Cook - another member of the Scouse mafia: he and Lowe have travelled all over Europe watching LFC together with their sons – is a surprising failure at Ipswich after three promotions at three previous clubs. But maybe it was the absence of that assistant, Leam Richardson, his sidekick for all three promotions.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 pm

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Good manager. Done well. And that feels like a good appointment for Preston. Ideal potentially.
Yeah, I've thought before that he would make a good manager for us at some point; that'll now be informed by his adventures up the road. But the fact they first tried to approach Gareth Ainsworth, who is also a good manager but has a completely different style, suggests there may not be clarity of thinking at board level.
Is Ridsdale still there?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Is Ridsdale still there?
Sure is. Good point.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:15 pm

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Is Ridsdale still there?
Sure is. Good point.
I expect he drove a hard bargain on wages, only quadrupling rather than quintupling them. :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:20 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:15 pm
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Is Ridsdale still there?
Sure is. Good point.
I expect he drove a hard bargain on wages, only quadrupling rather than quintupling them. :D
Ha - he popped up today in David Squires' Guardian comic strip.
Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 22.19.29.png
Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 22.19.29.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 505 times
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... ese-famine

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 pm

Ha!