Plymouth match

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Ibahjanner
Hopeful
Hopeful

Plymouth match

Post by Ibahjanner » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:27 am

In one week we welcome you to home park. For those of you that is making the journey just a few things that might be helpful.
There is a large free carpark at the ground but this fills up very quickly so if u wish to use it you will need to be there early. Street parking is allowed around the area but parking wardens will be out in force. Should you go to the opposite side of Beacon park Road there will be ample space. Its about five to ten minutes walk down hill.
From the ground a few hundred yards is a wetherspoons called the Brittania. The club have a variety of packages within the club for meals etc a link can be found on their website under tickets/hospitality. Alternatively the Green Taveners have a facility within the ground but not sure if or how many places available. Google them and they will come up.
Okay will keep an eye on the forum and answer any questions you might have.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Plymouth match

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:50 am

Bit early for the Plymouth match thread yet mate, but good of you to post that info, thank you.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 am

Cheers pal. Mrs G and I will be there. As it's the first league fixture between us in ages (over 20 years?) I think we'd have brought quite a few down if this was on a Saturday. As it is, I cant imagine more than a few hundred Wanderers fans being in attendance. It's a hell of a schlepp for even the London whites!

Anyways where's the best pub for tea? :D They all away friendly or any we should avoid?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Ticket bought. Me and the Legendary Flanners locked and loaded.

Ibahjanner
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ibahjanner » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 am
Cheers pal. Mrs G and I will be there. As it's the first league fixture between us in ages (over 20 years?) I think we'd have brought quite a few down if this was on a Saturday. As it is, I cant imagine more than a few hundred Wanderers fans being in attendance. It's a hell of a schlepp for even the London whites!

Anyways where's the best pub for tea? :D They all away friendly or any we should avoid?
All clubs have there idiots and will act as though we are still in the 1970s. However I don't know of any pub that is particularly announced as an away fans pub. The nearest is the Brittania which is a whetherspoons and about 800 metres from the car park. They allow away fans in there but no colours for either team. If u are happy with a pasty I really would try and see if the green taveners have tickets spare for away fans. When they started the whole idea of it was to encourage away fans in with the banter but that has been restricted since the building of the facility they provide. If you utube the janner song and plymouth there will be vids with regard to it and the atmosphere.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm

IFollow job this then. Another tough one! We must be due a nicer run of fixtures soon.

Ibahjanner
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ibahjanner » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Have checked with the green taveners and they still have away fans at the fanfest.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Ibahjanner wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:55 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Have checked with the green taveners and they still have away fans at the fanfest.
Nice one. Pre match pint and a pasty it is then. Hope it's a proper Carrs one and not one of those minging Ginster things :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Ibahjanner
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ibahjanner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:15 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:56 pm
Ibahjanner wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Nice one. Pre match pint and a pasty it is then. Hope it's a proper Carrs one and not one of those minging Ginster things :D
They only allow limited tickets so email the green taveners and prebook a ticket.

Ibahjanner
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ibahjanner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:24 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:56 pm
Ibahjanner wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Ensure u prebook a ticket with the green taveners otherwise u won't get in. For instance I am aware that the Ipswich match the tickets for it are already fully precooked although that's a lot to do with the demise of Paul Mariner who played for both clubs

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:23 pm

What we all thinking then…

4231 for me, Baptiste at right back with Aimson and Johnston centre half. Presumably John remains broken.
Thomason and MJ
Sarce
Dapo / Issy
Doyle

Start by protecting the point…

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:23 pm
What we all thinking then…

4231 for me, Baptiste at right back with Aimson and Johnston centre half. Presumably John remains broken.
Thomason and MJ
Sarce
Dapo / Issy
Doyle

Start by protecting the point…
Hard to say - talk that Doyle and Sarce both playing with injuries. Do we rest them for Saturday?

Got to think if MJ gets booked and Sarce and Lee were out Saturday would like pretty awful so probably need to think about protecting some with Gillingham in mind.

Not a big advocate for 3 at the back (as you all know) but wondering if that is the best way for this one? Only thing is no time on training ground to work on it.

Probably a team like yours but maybe rest Sarce and perhaps have Baka up front just to see what it looks like. I doubt IE will play Baps at RB but maybe he'll play Isgrove there? I'd like to see what Kachunga would do there. Out there as an idea but what would we lose?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:40 pm

Could see Issy at wing back but that means Gordon is. Grim.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:50 pm

Noises were that Lee and John were both still out. Resting MJ and Sarce would mean Sheehan + Tomo with… Delf at 10?

I think a back three is possible personnel-wise but as BWFCi says there’s no time to practice it. Patch up and play on. It’s not quite a free hit but let’s say nobody is expecting or demanding a win.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:50 pm
Noises were that Lee and John were both still out. Resting MJ and Sarce would mean Sheehan + Tomo with… Delf at 10?

I think a back three is possible personnel-wise but as BWFCi says there’s no time to practice it. Patch up and play on. It’s not quite a free hit but let’s say nobody is expecting or demanding a win.
Doubt we rest MJ but if Sarce has an injury perhaps bring GT in? You could argue that Plymouth is unlikely so rest MJ too for more winnable game on Saturday but that seems somewhat risky - we could get something at Plymouth. Might seem unlikely but I fancy us more there than I did Saturday. Wigan are just the sort of team designed to completely batter us - all over the park they are like exactly the opposite of what we'd choose to play. Plymouth very good but possibly less so.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:41 pm

To be fair to Evatt he usually gets us fired up in the right way to bounce back as well. I think he got it very wrong last week but you can’t ever accuse us of shirking under him. We’ll be fired up.

I think Sarce will play, wouldn’t bet against us fighting for a point.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:53 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:41 pm
To be fair to Evatt he usually gets us fired up in the right way to bounce back as well. I think he got it very wrong last week but you can’t ever accuse us of shirking under him. We’ll be fired up.

I think Sarce will play, wouldn’t bet against us fighting for a point.
Saturday was a shirker performance. From most. On reflection I don't think we wanted it. Whether it was confidence lack of or over confidence or just the injuries or just the fact we aren't scoring much but there is no way we engaged with that game in a full blooded way. We limped through it without ever really meaning anything.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:04 pm

I think we will do better. We are wounded and Plymouth may see it as an easy 3 pts which would be a mistake. Baptiste at RB at his age makes me shiver, and he hates playing there based on an interview I read which he gave recently. Based on what we have, Isgrove is the best bet with Kachunga in front of him, unless we send Brocky back out there, Evatt showing confidence in him may be a confidence booster for him, with Izzy protecting him in front. Baptiste and Aimson at CH, Thomo in for Sheehan playing as a 2 with MJ.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:20 pm

3 at the back wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think it would be 352, but 343.

3 centre-backs partially to cover the lack of height, partially because we're short in both midfield and RB, but you keep the wingers so eg. Gordon doesn't have too much to do and you can still press, similar patterns of play etc. A lot of the time when the full backs push high and MJ sits right back your 433 is not a million miles from a 343 anyway.

I prefer the 433 overall, but you should have flexibility, and if ever there was a case for flexibility it's now!

I'd go

Dixon

Aimson, Baps, Johnston
Isgrove, Sheehan, MJ, Gordon
Kachunga, Baka, Dapo

With Sarc/Doyle for Sheehan/Baka if fully fit, otherwise rest for Sat.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am

Wrap up! It's blowin a hoolie down here!