FA Cup 1st Round Replay..: Stocky Tony’s County Away..Stockport replay Wednesday 17th live BBC 2

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FA Cup 1st Round Replay..: Stocky Tony’s County Away..Stockport replay Wednesday 17th live BBC 2

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:27 pm

Bolton Wanderers. A new low.

Warning signs here big time. Evatt has a lot of questions to answer. I don’t think we can just hope January turns this round.

Evatt has to show he has some clue because right now it’s Owen Coyle and red lights flashing brightly.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: FA Cup 1st Round Replay..: Stocky Tony’s County Away..Stockport replay Wednesday 17th live BBC 2

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:28 pm

The players can all fuvk off as well the useless cowardly shitbags
Well done Stockport. Gave us a start and still took the piss. we've had many humiliations in the last few years but this is as bad as any.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:29 pm

First time we've lost to non league in 110 years. Cheers Ian.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:27 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:26 pm
It'll reiterate my wager that evatt won't see the season out.
What a mess
Nor will any of us. It's the end of the world.
As we know it.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:30 pm

Wycombe Saturday. We’ll obviously get battered there. Then it’s time for the real scrapping to start.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:30 pm

As if it wasn't embarrassing enough it's the manner of the defeat. Disgraceful. Hope Evatt tears them a new one after that.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Warning signs here big time. Evatt has a lot of questions to answer. I don’t think we can just hope January turns this round.

Evatt has to show he has some clue because right now it’s Owen Coyle and red lights flashing brightly.
A new low?! You’ve got a short fecking memory.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:32 pm

Well well.

Well done to Stockport. This is their night, and they deserve it.

As for us: very poor indeed. Already perilously light in midfield, then we lose MJ prematch and Sheehan before half-time. The only real option at that point was 3-4-3, but it looked gossamer-thin.

Said a couple of weeks ago that I'd like 8 or 9 new players in January. It won't happen but this squad needs upgrading. Player churn will continue a while yet.

Big worry is whether this drags down the league form. Saturday's opponents Wycombe, our only opponents in this run not in the bottom four, are off-form and look beatable, but I assume we'll be tired and anxiously awaiting news on MJ, Sheehan and Doyle. I'll be there on the away end at Adams Park, as I have been before, and in worse circumstances. I won't be the only one wanting a positive reaction.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:33 pm

Stockport plan A. Challinor special. Bang it upfield, get it in the box. All game and we couldn't handle it. Despite three goals, (hardly make goals of the season) we never looked like winning. credit to them, they wanted it more than us. Like I said, they bullied us and we had no answer.

Night.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:21 pm
It's literally the end of the world. The end of it!
I don't feel fine, so I'm off to bed, there to dream about lots of people whose initials are LB.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm with him on this. Some dreadful days during the financial crisis days but this is indefensible from a team point of view. This was our strongest 11 against a non league team that gave us 2 comedy goals and a deflection. And we rolled over. It's as bad as anything I've seen. A genuine disgrace to the club.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 pm

And on national fecking TV. c*nts.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 pm

The_Gun wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

In footballing terms I think it's fair comment. To concede five goals against non-league opposition having been two goals up after five minutes and playing the strongest starting line up available to us, live on national television, is rank bad.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 pm

The_Gun wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

When was the last time we lost to a non league side? Let alone allowed one to put 5 past us.

It’s a new low. And the past few weeks have been shocking. We need to turn this round quickly. But the problems have been allowed to fester.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 pm

I wish that wasn’t on tele! 😕

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:41 pm

Another game filed under ‘didn’t happen’. We’re gonna need a bigger folder!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:41 pm

A word for Lloyd Isgrove. I thought he was magnificent tonight. Rest of the team, almost to a man, fell apart but that lad continued to run his legs to stumps and unlike more storied players he never, ever shied away from the ball. Well done him, and basically nobody else.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 am
If we're not up for this, we will find the distance between hero and zero is incredibly small.
I feel I owe the forum an apology. The distance between hero and zero was fcuking huge.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:42 pm

Santos, Sheehan, Baka and Kachunga are the only players to come out with anything resembling honour from that.

Dapo, John and Lee all thought they could stroll around and be billy big bollocks. Thomason, Izzy and Johnston got bullied all game long.

The collapse was coming when Sheehan came off and Lee abandoned Thomason in midfield to fend for himself. Not been that disgusted with a senior player since before the financial collapse.

Massive credit to Stockport, they went right at us and we rolled over for them.

The switch to the 3 was the only option, but the wingbacks and midfielders were so bad that the back three were pulled all over the show trying to cover gaps.

I said beforehand the game would be about the mental side of things and we were utterly, utterly shameful. You can get knocked out of a cup by a lower team, it happens - but that was something else.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:42 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 am
If we're not up for this, we will find the distance between hero and zero is incredibly small.
I feel I owe the forum an apology. The distance between hero and zero was fcuking huge.
Oh it can be a short distance, we just massively overachieved the differential.