FA Cup 1st Round Replay..: Stocky Tony’s County Away..Stockport replay Wednesday 17th live BBC 2

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FA Cup 1st Round: Stocky Tony’s County (H) Sun 7th Nov @ 3pm

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Could be the Robbie Savage (the bad one) explanation that Stockport is nearer to Chester than Hartlepool is (and unlike dear old Robbie, it would at least be true).

Let's just hope his voicemail recording isn't him saying "whasssssssup?"
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Just noticed its on Sunday. Missed it on the thread title.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:29 pm

Struggling to sell tickets as well I think. Sunday probably not helping, but I think this rushed membership/ no sales on the day isn’t going to help either.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Struggling to sell tickets as well I think. Sunday probably not helping, but I think this rushed membership/ no sales on the day isn’t going to help either.
Small sample size, but from people I know and social media the membership thing absolutely is hitting ticket sales.

Some of that will be the usual excuse making by social media people who want to sell themselves as "hardcore" fans, but don't actually go to games. With the lot I know, though, it's genuinely something that has irritated them enough not to bother. There are also people I know who are going, but are now not taking people with them who would have otherwise gone due to the registration process.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:13 pm

I can see us getting beat on Sunday. ‘New manager’ bounce for them, raucous away support and some good players who wouldn’t look out of place in League One - it’ll be a real test.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:22 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:13 pm
I can see us getting beat on Sunday. ‘New manager’ bounce for them, raucous away support and some good players who wouldn’t look out of place in League One - it’ll be a real test.
The crowd is an issue, but obviously we'll shit 'em.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:23 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:39 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Small sample size, but from people I know and social media the membership thing absolutely is hitting ticket sales.

Some of that will be the usual excuse making by social media people who want to sell themselves as "hardcore" fans, but don't actually go to games. With the lot I know, though, it's genuinely something that has irritated them enough not to bother. There are also people I know who are going, but are now not taking people with them who would have otherwise gone due to the registration process.
A registration process that’s fee and takes a max of two minutes is enough to inconvenience people from going to a match. God how do these people even function in general life?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:23 pm
A registration process that’s fee and takes a max of two minutes is enough to inconvenience people from going to a match. God how do these people even function in general life?
The issue seems to be that you have to register guests as members, rather than just the member being responsible. There's also an issue with people not wanting to register young kids.

Anything which is a faff always hits sales.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:04 pm

Iles expecting 5k away fans. Wonder if demand prompted the sudden rule change. Could be coincidence.

Meanwhile, the gaffer:

“Baka joined in today and is okay, Amaechi joined in fully for the first time and he’s okay.

“Harry Brockbank has a bit of a tight calf but there is nothing major there and Josh Sheehan has a sore back after Tuesday but there is nothing major. He didn’t train but it is just precaution.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... stockport/

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:20 pm

I can remember that under Sam, Owen and Dougie specifics of injuries were guarded like official secrets, in case teams targeted them. It's a new world.

I really like Baka, so I'd love to see him get a run out. If Amaechi made the bench I'd be surprised, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Bolton shirt.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:28 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Sarcevic in a Stockport shirt. The ah soul.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:03 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:28 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing Sarcevic in a Stockport shirt. The ah soul.
Lol. We're still no nearer to understanding what happened there are we.
I guess if we've plugged a leaky ship then that's the best we can hope for (still weird af tho')...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:19 am

Making somebody club captain may give them a false sense that they are decision makers. If those decisions conflict with the managers, there's only ever going to be one winner. Not saying this is the case as we simply don't know. If Sarcevic's managed to get a couple of years deal out of it all, he isn't going to need Ovaltine to help him sleep nights. Somebody may write a book one day.. :wink:

Anyway, "COME ON YOU WHITES" :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:41 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:19 am
Making somebody club captain may give them a false sense that they are decision makers. If those decisions conflict with the managers, there's only ever going to be one winner. Not saying this is the case as we simply don't know. If Sarcevic's managed to get a couple of years deal out of it all, he isn't going to need Ovaltine to help him sleep nights. Somebody may write a book one day.. :wink:

Anyway, "COME ON YOU WHITES" :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)
Yep. Can't argue with that

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:53 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:20 pm
I can remember that under Sam, Owen and Dougie specifics of injuries were guarded like official secrets, in case teams targeted them. It's a new world.

I really like Baka, so I'd love to see him get a run out. If Amaechi made the bench I'd be surprised, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Bolton shirt.
Not sure there is much chance for Amaechi. Had one day of training. I guess though it’s a cup game so might get a bench place. But sort of injury you don’t want to rush him back from to break down with niggle after niggle.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:53 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:20 pm

Not sure there is much chance for Amaechi. Had one day of training. I guess though it’s a cup game so might get a bench place. But sort of injury you don’t want to rush him back from to break down with niggle after niggle.
Which is pretty much how I read Evatt's pre-match, but sounds like the rehab's gone pretty well.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:09 pm

With all due respect to Stockport's expensively-assembled collection of mercenaries, the last thing we need is for our attacking Get Out Of Jail Free card to be kicked into the stand by a jealous non-leaguer.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:09 pm
With all due respect to Stockport's expensively-assembled collection of mercenaries, the last thing we need is for our attacking Get Out Of Jail Free card to be kicked into the stand by a jealous non-leaguer.
I don't think he'll risk him, more chance of that occurring when you're not match fit. But, this isn't a pre-season friendly and you have to deal with what's in front of you...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Only way I can see him coming on is as a Hail Mary if we're losing. We shouldn't have to risk him.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:02 pm
Which is pretty much how I read Evatt's pre-match, but sounds like the rehab's gone pretty well.
Yeah. Like I say, I'd be surprised if he made the bench. I do expect Baka to make it, though.

Evatt will really want to win this. Not just for pettiness' sake (but yeah, for that too), but also for "Brand Evatt"...Ian Evatt sides don't lose to non-league and they can definitely beat new money sides. Managers sometimes do very odd things when their pride is at stake, but I'd say there's a really low chance of him doing anything genuinely stupid like throwing a half fit Amaechi to the non-league jackals.