Kent buy a win, 23/10/21 15:00 Gillingham (h)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Kent buy a win, 23/10/21 15:00 Gillingham (h)

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Also when that equaliser went in you could see what it meant to them all. Every one of them celebrating with Captain Santos running the length to celebrate.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:29 pm
We weren't right, we were all over the place at times, comical even, but for about a year you've been pushing this idea that the players aren't interested, that there's something not right in the camp IE is an unlikable person etc and it's not true.
Yeah, I don't buy the discontented, not interested, not trying, no heart, need spine, not playing for the shirt stuff either...blatantly obvious prior to Sarce departure that win, lose or draw they're all pretty "together." Shit to a man or great to a man. Dunno if Sarce going will improve that or make it worse...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Oh and we're unbeaten with Rico as the official club captain.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Politic got an assistant for Vale today. He hasn’t signed a new contract yet, but I’d have him over Kachunga any day.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:11 pm

Thank god for MJ in that match. Those balls from deep in behind in the corners opened them up massively. Whether it was by design or by a lack of belief it looked like that wasn't an option prior to the 60 minute mark.

Glad Sheehan was taken off. His second half was shocking. Can't account for not being able to beat the first man on a corner then following it up with a bad pass. That's costly mistakes at threatening moments. He'd be miles better if we were spreading the play about like we were after he came off. Better to mix up the play rather than progress the play slowly.

Good fightback and so happy that it seems we discovered more of what was working. For me that game today could've been lost by 4 or 5. So many times we've had dodgy passing plays leading to giveaways from Dixon. Were desperately missing an out ball up field. Seems the players were trying to play it safe but that was compounding matters.

All in all losing streak addressed. Nice come back. Few positives to take away and could've been much better or much worse.

As for Sarcevic. One comment on the radio is that he asked the players to have a vote of no confidence. Not sure if this is true or further speculation but he mentioned that he was the only one that voted against Evatt. Strange narrative but might be something to consider

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:13 pm

Probably just about deserved a point based on the 2nd half performance. Awful in the first half. Need to sort out that defence - powderpuff stuff

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:22 pm

Cheeky bid for Akinde in January? He bullied our back line in that first half. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo though..
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 pm

He would fit right in then!
Just seen Lees goal, sexy sexy bastard

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:22 pm
Cheeky bid for Akinde in January? He bullied our back line in that first half. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo though..
No. And no again. Unless we play him at centre half instead of Santos.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:11 pm
Thank god for MJ in that match. Those balls from deep in behind in the corners opened them up massively. Whether it was by design or by a lack of belief it looked like that wasn't an option prior to the 60 minute mark.

Glad Sheehan was taken off. His second half was shocking. Can't account for not being able to beat the first man on a corner then following it up with a bad pass. That's costly mistakes at threatening moments. He'd be miles better if we were spreading the play about like we were after he came off. Better to mix up the play rather than progress the play slowly.

Good fightback and so happy that it seems we discovered more of what was working. For me that game today could've been lost by 4 or 5. So many times we've had dodgy passing plays leading to giveaways from Dixon. Were desperately missing an out ball up field. Seems the players were trying to play it safe but that was compounding matters.

All in all losing streak addressed. Nice come back. Few positives to take away and could've been much better or much worse.

As for Sarcevic. One comment on the radio is that he asked the players to have a vote of no confidence. Not sure if this is true or further speculation but he mentioned that he was the only one that voted against Evatt. Strange narrative but might be something to consider
One comment on the radio from who? Sounds like the work of a fantasist.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:28 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Is Santos no good again then? Just trying to keep up!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:32 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
It was a joke. Akinde is awful. We do need centre halves though as so far our defence has been abysmal. And Santos is included in that. Missing Baptiste but I don’t think he’s the answer now.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:43 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
It was a joke. Akinde is awful. We do need centre halves though as so far our defence has been abysmal. And Santos is included in that. Missing Baptiste but I don’t think he’s the answer now.
Did you not think Aimson looked quite good?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:48 pm

I thought Aimson was excellent, he looked a proper defend 1st type of defender - he should play alongside Santos next week IMO he also had something about him, he looked a decent size to me & looked more of a presence than Johnson.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:12 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:43 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Did you not think Aimson looked quite good?
Considering he was thrown into a mess yes. Certainly looked more up for the physical battle. But it’s early days. I’d certainly leave him in and see how it goes. Still think it may prove a significant problem. We need another to add height. Need a right back too.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Well, that was a peculiar how-dya-do? :)

Some points, questions and whatnot.

If it wasn't for some dreadful finishing and a superb double save by Dixon, Gillingham could/should have been four or five up.

Tommy Fleetwood seemed to get his footballing sand iron out when two feet from goal. How the feck did he miss? It was easier to score.

Sheehan - what's happened to this lad? He was truly dreadful. Even just before he was hauled off he managed to hit a free-kick, in glorious position level with the 18 yard line, straight to the feet of the first defender. Seriously one of the worst you'll ever see.

Lloyd Isgrove - I was most concerned when I saw we were playing him at right back. Shows all I know. Has he had a better game for us? Superb.

Why are we so shit in the first half of games.

Steve Evans is a fecking c*nt and his character shows in his sides. Timewasting after 20 minutes and attempting to kick Afolayan to Blackrod. Horrible.

"Don't you wish your play-er was Kie-ran Lee, don'tcha?" :)

Controlling touches. I know you're third division not-rights, but can't any of you do anything with your first touch other than for taking a controlling touch and inviting pressure?

Santos - not much middle ground with that lad, is there?

Glad that LE and I didn't 'feck off for a pint at half time' in the end, but it's as close as I'll ever come to it (I hope ;) )
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:14 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:48 pm
I thought Aimson was excellent, he looked a proper defend 1st type of defender - he should play alongside Santos next week IMO he also had something about him, he looked a decent size to me & looked more of a presence than Johnson.
Agree. Can Johnston maybe fill the defensive midfield berth? I think he’s good on the ball but not a centre back. Left back another place I’d see him doing well in. Better than Gordon. He’s just not a centre half in league one at least.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 pm
Well, that was a peculiar how-dya-do? :)

Some points, questions and whatnot.

If it wasn't for some dreadful finishing and a superb double save by Dixon, Gillingham could/should have been four or five up.

Tommy Williams seemed to get his footballing sand iron out when two feet from goal. How the feck did he miss? It was easier to score.

Sheehan - what's happened to this lad? He was truly dreadful. Even just before he was hauled off he managed to hit a free-kick, in glorious position level with the 18 yard line, straight to the feet of the first defender. Seriously one of the worst you'll ever see.

Lloyd Isgrove - I was most concerned when I saw we were playing him at right back. Shows all I know. Has he had a better game for us? Superb.

Why are we so shit in the first half of games.

Steve Evans is a fecking c*nt and his character shows in his sides. Timewasting after 20 minutes and attempting to kick Afolayan to Blackrod. Horrible.

"Don't you wish your play-er was Kie-ran Lee, don'tcha?" :)

Controlling touches. I know you're third division not-rights, but can't any of you do anything with your first touch other than for taking a controlling touch and inviting pressure?

Santos - not much middle ground with that lad, is there?

Glad that LE and I didn't 'feck off for a pint at half time' in the end, but it's as close as I'll ever come to it (I hope ;) )
Isgrove was superb apart from the end product. And he was most guilty of taking the extra touch when needing to cross or shoot. I think he’s ok at RB in a game like that but not sure I’m so keen away at Pompey.