Kent buy a win, 23/10/21 15:00 Gillingham (h)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Kent buy a win, 23/10/21 15:00 Gillingham (h)

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm
Santos at fault for the first. Had the worst half I’ve ever seen from a centre back. Not one of these has shown any fight or desire.

I’m ashamed to have witnessed 11 disinterested players amble round in the name of my club.

No leaders on the pitch. No fight. The worst 45 minutes since well I can’t remember. I honestly can’t.

3 subs at half time to show at least some semblance that you aren’t rewarding that.
Complete bollocks.
Yeah that's 11 "disinterested" players. can you just feck off with this narrative now, it exists only in your mind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:56 pm
Not good enough. Lipstick + Pig. Get the fcuking defending sorted out.
Interesting innit. Last sentence, absolutely no argument.

But there were some who’d have taken a 0-0. And a 2-2 from 0-2 is much better emotionally.

I’m very glad we scored, I’d started to forget what it’s like. We need to do it more reliably, and to stop gifting leads. No midweek game: hard work on the training ground. Defensive drills aplenty, and shooting practice for the front five.

For now though, I feel a lot better than I did an hour ago, and we all have to ride that.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 pm

If anyone deserved the equaliser it was kieron Lee. I'm going to raise a pint or two of meth to the sexy bastard tonight.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 pm

To be fair, we did absolutely batter them in the second half. - apart from sheehan's atrocious back pass the ball was hardly in our half

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 pm
If anyone deserved the equaliser it was kieron Lee. I'm going to raise a pint or two of meth to the sexy bastard tonight.
I’ll drink to that. What a guy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:09 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:02 pm
Spartan2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Santos at fault for the first. Had the worst half I’ve ever seen from a centre back. Not one of these has shown any fight or desire.

I’m ashamed to have witnessed 11 disinterested players amble round in the name of my club.

No leaders on the pitch. No fight. The worst 45 minutes since well I can’t remember. I honestly can’t.

3 subs at half time to show at least some semblance that you aren’t rewarding that.
Complete bollocks.
Yeah that's 11 "disinterested" players. can you just feck off with this narrative now, it exists only in your mind.
We could have been 5-0 down. Gillingham suffered for missed chances. But the last 20 minutes we played with intensity and tempo. Before then nobody can tell me we were right. It was absolutely disgraceful. And in the ground every fan like myself could see it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:10 pm

dave the minion wrote:
To be fair, we did absolutely batter them in the second half. - apart from sheehan's atrocious back pass the ball was hardly in our half
They had two one on ones second half. If they’d scored either it was game done. We battered them last 20. Until then we were shocking.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Hopefully that galvanises the players into picking up enough points over the next month to avoid ending up in a relegation fight. Chugging along at 1.3 points per game for a nice quiet season will do me just fine :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:03 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

But there were some who’d have taken a 0-0. And a 2-2 from 0-2 is much better emotionally.

I’m very glad we scored, I’d started to forget what it’s like. We need to do it more reliably, and to stop gifting leads. No midweek game: hard work on the training ground. Defensive drills aplenty, and shooting practice for the front five.

For now though, I feel a lot better than I did an hour ago, and we all have to ride that.
The defence is completely woeful. It needs addressing urgently. I’m not sure any defensively in that back four are good enough. And our record screams that. Santos is not having a good season and Johnston is what I worried he was. A nice footballer. A woefully soft defender.

Hard to judge Aimson but at least he won a couple of headers. Because if it need huge attention in January. Right across it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Best players were Lee and John. Going forwards Declan John had a superb second half.

Sheehan can go in January. And I think he probably will.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

The defence is completely woeful. It needs addressing urgently. I’m not sure any defensively in that back four are good enough. And our record screams that. Santos is not having a good season and Johnston is what I worried he was. A nice footballer. A woefully soft defender.

Hard to judge Aimson but at least he won a couple of headers. Because if it need huge attention in January. Right across it.
I think Aimson could be just what we need back there to shore up the defence. He definitely seems more willing to stick his head in where it hurts. I'd be tempted to start him against Portsmouth.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I think Aimson could be just what we need back there to shore up the defence. He definitely seems more willing to stick his head in where it hurts. I'd be tempted to start him against Portsmouth.
Absolutely but it’s early days. And two right footers.

Why did we sign Kachunga? I don’t think he offers any more than Delf and arguably is a fair bit slower.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:09 pm
Spartan2 wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Complete bollocks.
We could have been 5-0 down. Gillingham suffered for missed chances. But the last 20 minutes we played with intensity and tempo. Before then nobody can tell me we were right. It was absolutely disgraceful. And in the ground every fan like myself could see it.
Being fitter the last 20 is great if you're not 2 down by then. I don't think Evatt is in any danger of the sack, and we're about where I expect us to be in the League. But we're not getting much higher unless he sorts out the gimmies.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Absolutely but it’s early days. And two eight footers.

Why did we sign Kachunga? I don’t think he offers any more than Delf and arguably is a fair bit slower.
Agreed, was poor wasn't he. I know Amaechi is a complete unknown quantity but the sooner he's match fit the better because he can't be any worse.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Complete bollocks.
We weren't right, we were all over the place at times, comical even, but for about a year you've been pushing this idea that the players aren't interested, that there's something not right in the camp IE is an unlikable person etc and it's not true.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
:pissed:

:lol:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:37 pm

Side note, that MJ miss turned on beast mode. His passing after it was worldly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Complete bollocks.
We weren't right, we were all over the place at times, comical even, but for about a year you've been pushing this idea that the players aren't interested, that there's something not right in the camp IE is an unlikable person etc and it's not true.
If you think we were as motivated as our opposition recently there are countless clips you can watch to see our players failing to play with conviction. Failing to put their bodies on the line. It was abundantly clear that we aren’t the happy camp we were earlier in the season. That’s just how it is.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:42 pm

That point could be so important as a loss would have been a disaster, the last 20-25 mins was how we need to play - serious intent, passion, drive & more importantly tempo (why can't we play like that for 90 mins ?). 1st half was absolutely pathetic, the players just didn't appear to give a shit & I thought that Evatt had lost the dressing room, it really was disgraceful. However that last 20-25 mins they upped it and were playing for both the shirt & the Manager - well done.

We moved the ball so slowly in the 1st half it was shocking, this tippy tappy fcuking about at the back needs to stop now, this is what stops us playing at a quicker tempo IMO, its pointless and achieves nothing apart from giving the opposition chances when they eventually fcuk up & lose the ball.

Quite a few players need to take a serious look at themselves i.e. Kachunga, as he was really poor, but I like the look of Aimson he looked a proper defender who wanted to defend. If we had snatched it at the end it would have been a real steal as they could easily have been 4 or 5 up. But I'll take that point in light of recent events, the team showed some spirit & desire in that last 25 mins.

Kieran Lee had an excellent 2nd half as did Declan John, Dapo and Isgrove to an extent & even Bakayoko added something when he came on but I'm quite sure what it was ! - but that felt like a win at the end and should surely help to stop the rot.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:43 pm

That was like the Port Vale game from last season. Should have conceded 6 if they'd brought their shooting boots with em. Us turning up in the last 15 minutes added a bit of respectability.

There's something not been right these last 3 games but hopefully that comeback has stopped the rot.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"