Kent buy a win, 23/10/21 15:00 Gillingham (h)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Kent buy a win, 23/10/21 15:00 Gillingham (h)

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:42 pm

We will be fine as long as our Brocky plays, if we play really well and are on top of our game even without Sarce we could surprise a few & sneek a 1-1.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Eggs broken; let’s taste Evatt’s omelette…

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Given most here already know these things, has to be Sarc feeling his age and finding it a bit too hot here (Could he have stood three seasons here, given his age?) Don't know what money he's been offered, but it must be that, the length of the contract or a blow up with the boss here. Could have come at a better time, but nothing we can do about it except press on. Bit disappointing re togetherness. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:24 pm
Given most here already know these things, has to be Sarc feeling his age and finding it a bit too hot here (Could he have stood three seasons here, given his age?) Don't know what money he's been offered, but it must be that, the length of the contract or a blow up with the boss here. Could have come at a better time, but nothing we can do about it except press on. Bit disappointing re togetherness. :(
He’s 29. Nothing to do with his age.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 am

Sheehan is one of our biggest problems. In midfield - he's more problematic than playing Baptiste at RB IMO.
His early season form was fine but lets not write him off yet after a dip in his, and the teams performances.

You've form for this Insaney. This time last year;
"They've sold us a pup" - said pup then became the first striker to score 20 goals for us in a season since the millennium.

A couple of years earlier
"He's a waste of a shirt" - went on to score the goals that took us up and then kept us up.
:D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:04 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 am

Sheehan is one of our biggest problems. In midfield - he's more problematic than playing Baptiste at RB IMO.
His early season form was fine but lets not write him off yet after a dip in his, and the teams performances.

You've form for this Insaney. This time last year;
"They've sold us a pup" - said pup then became the first striker to score 20 goals for us in a season since the millennium.

A couple of years earlier
"He's a waste of a shirt" - went on to score the goals that took us up and then kept us up.
:D
Sheehan has to become a stronger, more physical dominant midfield player. And up his work rate.

None of that is impossible but will take a lot of work and effort on his part. All he’s done here thus far is coast off the work of others and he’s obviously nice on the ball but that’s not enough is it.

The trouble with Sheehan is he’s nowhere near good enough on the ball to justify his lack of presence off it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:27 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
He's an old 29 athletically I'd say.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:55 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
He’s 29 until he’s 30…. :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:01 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:55 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
He’s 29 until he’s 30…. :D
Oh no he isn't

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:12 am

LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Do you think? Covered more ground than anyone else I can think of. If he’s old athletically Sheehan must be dead.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:30 am

Onwards and upwards for the super whites. Let’s fecking stop the rot and turn in a big performance today.

Sheehan getting the starting berth at 10 is not a huge concern for me. We need someone with set piece ability in the team, and his defensive issues shouldn’t be felt as much with him further up the pitch.

What the feck we do on the right hand side I don’t know. Brockbank and Isgrove I suppose are the most likely pairing. Brocky can’t perform much worse than he has in the past couple of games anyway.

2-1 win for the mighty Bolton Wanderers.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:37 am

^^ Lot of focus on Brocky, who has not acquitted himself well. But it's not like anyone can place poor defending for our last 8 conceded on the RB...if we'd had Jones there, we'd have still conceded most of 'em.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:50 am

Think we win today. Just a feeling. We will be fired up and go and win at a canter.

Let’s show the world we are still in the mix.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:22 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:37 am
^^ Lot of focus on Brocky, who has not acquitted himself well. But it's not like anyone can place poor defending for our last 8 conceded on the RB...if we'd had Jones there, we'd have still conceded most of 'em.
You sure? I can’t remember the Wigan goals - my brain has rejected the memory for its own good - but none of them came from our right side?

Plymouth also had a *lot* of success switching to our right, capitalising on Brocky and the frankly drowning Baptiste. Indeed, it was that hapless pair that gave the ball away for the viral third.

The worry with Brocky, bless him, is also in possession as well as our of possession - again on Tuesday he looked terrified, and that stuff spreads fast.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:33 am

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:22 am
Worthy4England wrote:
You sure? I can’t remember the Wigan goals - my brain has rejected the memory for its own good - but none of them came from our right side?

Plymouth also had a *lot* of success switching to our right, capitalising on Brocky and the frankly drowning Baptiste. Indeed, it was that hapless pair that gave the ball away for the viral third.

The worry with Brocky, bless him, is also in possession as well as our of possession - again on Tuesday he looked terrified, and that stuff spreads fast.
Brockbank isn’t very good. But worthy is right our shambolic defence precedes him by a distance. I think Jones is a miss for the shape of our attacking play more than defensively. But just watch Wigan’s second to see why we concede too many. And Brockbank wasn’t involved in that one at all. Other three were.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:35 am

Woke up with the word "Isgrove" in my head this morning. It's a premonition of him being M.O.T.M....believe it... :D

COME ON YOU WHITES! :oyea:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:53 am

Worthy4England wrote:

I've gone to that difficult place and re-watched for you. Yes I'm pretty sure that Brocky isn't to blame for 7 of the 8 (the odd one being Plymouth #3). None of which makes him a decent right back, but if anyone thinks Jones being fit would've sorted the displays we've seen defensively, I'm afraid I'd disagree.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:11 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:33 am
Worthy4England wrote:

Brockbank isn’t very good. But worthy is right our shambolic defence precedes him by a distance. I think Jones is a miss for the shape of our attacking play more than defensively. But just watch Wigan’s second to see why we concede too many. And Brockbank wasn’t involved in that one at all. Other three were.
Not buying that the other three were down to Brockbank. No 1, Baka heads straight to their CF, in behind. No 3 they're pretty much straight down the middle and it's not dealt with, number 4 comes from our left. 3 was just comedy defending all over.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:23 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:11 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:33 am
Worthy4England wrote:

Not buying that the other three were down to Brockbank. No 1, Baka heads straight to their CF, in behind. No 3 they're pretty much straight down the middle and it's not dealt with, number 4 comes from our left. 3 was just comedy defending all over.
I wasn’t saying they were down to him just that goal highlights the issues and shows it’s a problem across the back four and whole team. I think Brockbank isn’t good enough but Jones doesn’t change the last two results.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:50 am

Amen to that.