Feeling Around the Club

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Feeling Around the Club

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Is there any connection?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:28 pm
Well, whoever the manager is, it will be bad for him if Rogers is as hell-bent on revenge as he sounds. I bow to the better legal knowledge of others on here but as I understand it, if Rogers is suing for defamation in a civil court, the manager may not be granted the anonymity he had in this case, where he was plaintiff rather than defendant.

It's entirely possible Rogers won't win and will simply burn through more money pursuing his vengeance fantasy – but then if his main desire is unmasking his accuser, then perhaps the verdict won't matter much to him.

The manager will have to hope he has an understanding chairman and fanbase, and that future employers (and, to a lesser extent, employees) won't be put off by the flapping of dirty laundry.
I don’t think the manager will have much to worry about….whoever he is.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:56 pm
Is there any connection?
Doesn't appear to be. Rogers and Jennings were both at Tranmere. Rogers said in his tweet that he'd never met the manager involved.

It's been said It's a League 1 manager who has played in the Prem. Moores, Duff and Evatt are the 3 I can think of.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:19 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:56 pm
Is there any connection?
Doesn't appear to be. Rogers and Jennings were both at Tranmere. Rogers said in his tweet that he'd never met the manager involved.

It's been said It's a League 1 manager who has played in the Prem. Moores, Duff and Evatt are the 3 I can think of.
If that has been said, it's sailing fairly close to 'jigsaw identification', which can result in criminal conviction.

EDIT but looking at it, that description would encompass a few other names (I make it 10 in all), so I think it might be OK in terms of the possibility pool being too wide for one person to claim reputational injury.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:36 pm

The only person linking the story to our club and manager is some crank on Twitter.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:36 pm
The only person linking the story to our club and manager is some crank on Twitter.
I believe that crank is the Tranmere player, hiding behind an anonymous account
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:51 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:34 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:36 pm
I believe that crank is the Tranmere player, hiding behind an anonymous account
Whoever it is, is definitely an attention seeking knob….