Server Move

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:14 am

I have moved the server to a new top-secret location, somewhere that doesn't cost any extra to host.

If you have any issues please put them in here. There should be a speed boost as I am directly in charge of the hardware now.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21664
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Server Move

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:26 am

Thanks as ever for the under-appreciated support, D.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:29 am

Few errors have reared their ugly heads.

I am fixing them and the website should be available throughout.

If you do see any "too many redirects" then I would like to know. Thanks.

Mar
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Server Move

Post by Mar » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:33 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:29 am
Few errors have reared their ugly heads.

I am fixing them and the website should be available throughout.

If you do see any "too many redirects" then I would like to know. Thanks.
I've ran in to this about half an hour ago.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:34 am

Mar wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:33 am
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:29 am
Few errors have reared their ugly heads.

I am fixing them and the website should be available throughout.

If you do see any "too many redirects" then I would like to know. Thanks.
I've ran in to this about half an hour ago.
None since?

Mar
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Server Move

Post by Mar » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:43 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:34 am
Mar wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:33 am
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:29 am
Few errors have reared their ugly heads.

I am fixing them and the website should be available throughout.

If you do see any "too many redirects" then I would like to know. Thanks.
I've ran in to this about half an hour ago.
None since?
None since this came back online.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39758
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Server Move

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:01 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:26 am
Thanks as ever for the under-appreciated support, D.
This. Grateful thanks mate.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29758
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:04 am

Fine for me and seems nice and snappy. Cheers.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2137
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:10 am

Still receiving a MYSQL error on mobile, but seems good now on desktop. Many thanks.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:17 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:10 am
Still receiving a MYSQL error on mobile, but seems good now on desktop. Many thanks.
Seems the mobile networks are still updating the DNS. Could take till midnight to fully propagate.

I think I have sorted a workaround. Can you give it a try.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:22 am

I think I may have fixed the logging out of users when the browser is closed.

This might be complete bollocks of course, if so could you let me know.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26147
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:40 am

Mobile still propogating to Bitwarden here, atm...Desktop, fine.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29758
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:41 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:40 am
Mobile still propogating to Bitwarden here, atm...Desktop, fine.
Mobile working for me (iOS).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26147
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:41 am

Oh and add my thanks to continuing to host this DJB!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26147
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:41 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:41 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:40 am
Mobile still propogating to Bitwarden here, atm...Desktop, fine.
Mobile working for me (iOS).
I'm too cheap and on Android :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26147
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:43 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:41 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:41 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:40 am
Mobile still propogating to Bitwarden here, atm...Desktop, fine.
Mobile working for me (iOS).
I'm too cheap and on Android :-)
Actually might have been the cache my end. Looks sorted now.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:43 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:40 am
Mobile still propogating to Bitwarden here, atm...Desktop, fine.
Can I ask what network?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21673
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:50 am

I'm fine on Android on O2.

Cheers DJ.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26147
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:43 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:40 am
Mobile still propogating to Bitwarden here, atm...Desktop, fine.
Can I ask what network?
On EE, redirecting to Bitwarden from sometime mid-evening yesterday. If I go with the google search, it redirects to BW. If I type in full URL, it goes through to site.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:28 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:43 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:40 am
Mobile still propogating to Bitwarden here, atm...Desktop, fine.
Can I ask what network?
On EE, redirecting to Bitwarden from sometime mid-evening yesterday. If I go with the google search, it redirects to BW. If I type in full URL, it goes through to site.
Probably a cache issue on your device. Try deleting your history from the past 24 hours. Should fix it.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Mar, officer_dibble and 32 guests