Server Move

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Server Move

Post by Mar » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:57 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:54 pm
Mar wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:45 pm
I keep getting logged out, sessions not persisting across several servers perhaps?
Are you using social media to login or the user/pass option?
I logged in via username and password, without selecting the keep me logged in button. Usually that works fine, I don't mind re-logging in when starting a new session but it seems like it just kept logging me out.

If I click the keep me signed in, it stops the problem, so thats a workaround of sorts. Shouldn't distract you from tonights match of course, but just thought i'd flag it.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:01 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:57 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:54 pm
Mar wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:45 pm
I keep getting logged out, sessions not persisting across several servers perhaps?
Are you using social media to login or the user/pass option?
I logged in via username and password, without selecting the keep me logged in button. Usually that works fine, I don't mind re-logging in when starting a new session but it seems like it just kept logging me out.

If I click the keep me signed in, it stops the problem, so thats a workaround of sorts. Shouldn't distract you from tonights match of course, but just thought i'd flag it.
That's how it's supposed to work, I fixed an issue where that tickbox was ignored. If you select it you'll stay logged in for 30 days I think or whenever you clear your cookies.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:24 pm

Apologies to all again, moved everything and it decided to not play ball. I have hopefully fixed everything and you should be able to use the server as per usual.

You may need to delete your cookies from your web browser to log in again.

If you wish to stay logged in then I recommend you use the old fashioned login and not the social media login. Ensure you click the "Remember Me" tick.

GhostoftheBok
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:27 pm

Yeah, it's bumping me in and out; but I'm sure it'll settle down.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21673
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:37 pm

It wasn't working for me even with "remember me" before. I'd log in and out went straight back to not logged in. Seems to be fixed now with "remember me" but not without.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2137
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:41 pm

Fine on desktop for me, though I can't seem to connect at all on mobile; keeps going to a cached version of the website from august.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21664
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Server Move

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:50 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:41 pm
Fine on desktop for me, though I can't seem to connect at all on mobile; keeps going to a cached version of the website from august.
Sounds lovely - sunny, full of optimism, etc

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2137
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:50 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:41 pm
Fine on desktop for me, though I can't seem to connect at all on mobile; keeps going to a cached version of the website from august.
Sounds lovely - sunny, full of optimism, etc
The last post I can see on it was the day before Cambridge away. Truly one of the peaks of BWFC stock this season.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12791
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Server Move

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:18 am

It tends to log me out in media res when I move from one forum to another. However, I may have forgotten remember me because it was telling me to sign on through social media, while I was trying username/password option. I'll see if this works now I've remembered me.

Edit: Yes, that worked better.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

GhostoftheBok
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am

Any reason you might have disappeared from Google search results?

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:30 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am
Any reason you might have disappeared from Google search results?
Still on there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bolton+ ... CA4&uact=5

First hit when you search Bolton Wanderers forum.

GhostoftheBok
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:32 am

DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:30 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am
Any reason you might have disappeared from Google search results?
Still on there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bolton+ ... CA4&uact=5

First hit when you search Bolton Wanderers forum.
Yeah, I use "bwfc forum" and you'd dropped off the first page for some reason. 3rd now, having previously been top.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:33 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:32 am
DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:30 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am
Any reason you might have disappeared from Google search results?
Still on there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bolton+ ... CA4&uact=5

First hit when you search Bolton Wanderers forum.
Yeah, I use "bwfc forum" and you'd dropped off the first page for some reason. 3rd now, having previously been top.
You have highlighted a problem with it though so internet points to you tonight!

The redirect was off for www.the-wanderer.co.uk-->the-wanderer.co.uk.

Thanks.

GhostoftheBok
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:48 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:33 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:32 am
DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:30 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am
Any reason you might have disappeared from Google search results?
Still on there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bolton+ ... CA4&uact=5

First hit when you search Bolton Wanderers forum.
Yeah, I use "bwfc forum" and you'd dropped off the first page for some reason. 3rd now, having previously been top.
You have highlighted a problem with it though so internet points to you tonight!

The redirect was off for www.the-wanderer.co.uk-->the-wanderer.co.uk.

Thanks.
Out of interest, Blue, have I missed an image-hosting option on this site or is it all url links?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26147
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:04 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:48 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:33 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:32 am
DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:30 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am
Any reason you might have disappeared from Google search results?
Still on there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bolton+ ... CA4&uact=5

First hit when you search Bolton Wanderers forum.
Yeah, I use "bwfc forum" and you'd dropped off the first page for some reason. 3rd now, having previously been top.
You have highlighted a problem with it though so internet points to you tonight!

The redirect was off for www.the-wanderer.co.uk-->the-wanderer.co.uk.

Thanks.
Out of interest, Blue, have I missed an image-hosting option on this site or is it all url links?
Dunno whether this is what you're asking Ghost, but images can be placed in a post using add attachment and then the "place inline" option. Saves uploading to a secondary site and linking by url.

GhostoftheBok
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:39 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:04 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:48 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:33 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:32 am
DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:30 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am
Any reason you might have disappeared from Google search results?
Still on there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bolton+ ... CA4&uact=5

First hit when you search Bolton Wanderers forum.
Yeah, I use "bwfc forum" and you'd dropped off the first page for some reason. 3rd now, having previously been top.
You have highlighted a problem with it though so internet points to you tonight!

The redirect was off for www.the-wanderer.co.uk-->the-wanderer.co.uk.

Thanks.
Out of interest, Blue, have I missed an image-hosting option on this site or is it all url links?
Dunno whether this is what you're asking Ghost, but images can be placed in a post using add attachment and then the "place inline" option. Saves uploading to a secondary site and linking by url.
Spot on, mate. Thank you.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26147
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:32 pm

Doing strange login things for me today. Keeps requesting credentials...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dave the minion and 36 guests