Will This Sinking Ship Go Down With The Crewe? Crewe Alexandra (H) 12.11.21 8pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Will This Sinking Ship Go Down With The Crewe? Crewe Alexandra (H) 12.11.21 8pm

Post by brommers95 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Two teams in dire form under the Friday night lights.

They’re 23rd in the league for form over the last six games, we’re 22nd.

Crewe are a team very much suffering from having lost their brightest prospects that helped them finish 12th last season. Full backs Perry Ng (Cardiff) and Harry Pickering (Blackburn) were sold in the January transfer window before losing winger Charlie Kirk (Charlton), Owen Dale (Blackpool) and Ryan Wintle (Cardiff) over the summer.

They’ve scored just 12 goals this season (only Doncaster have scored fewer), have conceded 29 (only Morecambe have conceded more) and have just one win all season - this is a game we should be winning if we want to have any chance of staying in the league, let alone finishing in the upper echelons.

Injury list is looking pleasingly short for us, with Jones and Tutte long-term absentees and the big news being Ameachi is set to be ‘involved tomorrow night’ - I guess that means a possible cameo off the bench.
The main questions would appear to be whether Aimson or Johnston replaces Baptiste and if Sheehan dislodges Thomason from the side that drew with Stockport.

Come on you Whites!

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Will This Sinking Ship Go Down With The Crewe? Crewe Alexandra (H) 12.11.21 8pm

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:22 pm

We all know what happens when we play teams on bad runs, Crewe have only won one game all season and are bottom of the league - we are & have been for a while the gift that keeps giving. I really hope that we win but with our shambles of a defence & with Doyle needing his customary 6 clear cut chances to score a goal I can potentially see a very damaging defeat. Crewe will fancy this if they have watched our defending over the past month or so, but we really do need to win this.

I really hope that the team turns up for this and play with real intensity & passion for 90 mins & I also really hope that Baptiste doesn't play.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Re: Will This Sinking Ship Go Down With The Crewe? Crewe Alexandra (H) 12.11.21 8pm

Post by enrdentw » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm guessing I’m the only BWFC fan who thinks we’ll get promoted this season?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:04 pm

The club has just announced this match will be available on iFollow.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:05 pm

enrdentw wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:54 pm
Has Sir been drinking? :-)

I mean never say never and all that, but something needs to change (as it did this time last year)...

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:05 pm
enrdentw wrote:
Has Sir been drinking? :-)

I mean never say never and all that, but something needs to change (as it did this time last year)...
Not touched a drop this week so far :)

I have full trust in IE. He has a formation and a system that he wants to play, we know it’s successful as it proved during the 2nd half of last season and for spells this season.

If players don’t perform in IE’s system they stand out like a sore thumb, as we saw with the performances of Brockbank and Gordon (to name just two).

IE knows what we need to improve, I think with Markham on board they’ll find the right players and we’ll go on another really strong run.

I think automatics is out of the question. I think we’ll finish top 6 and go up as the in-form team in the playoffs.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:20 pm

Back in the days of steam trains, "All change at Crewe" was a well known cry among railway guards and conductors etc. Might also be a rallying call for our current fortunes. Change is what we need, not massive, as we're not the worst side ever, far from it, but a little bit of care, a touch of luck and a decent referee, and who knows? We may well get back on the road to gloryville. Amaechi is declared fit, raring to go and will be involved we're told, so up and at em... :oyea: :oyea: .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:44 pm

Big game…

I am sure he will bring Sheehan in for Tomo and go for it. I’d be tempted to go the other way and keep it tight first twenty, going one nil down early doors again is my main concern.

Centre half is interesting, think Aimson is worth another go personally.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:45 pm

We'll shit em 4-0.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:51 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:45 pm
We'll shit em 4-0.

One day, you're ship will come in. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:45 pm

Will be a fun game, partly in hope of getting a view of Amaechi.

Really interesting to hear Sheehan got a Wales call up (especially with some of the views of him amongst our fan base) and that he withdrew to stay fit for our games.

We will win.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:58 pm

enrdentw wrote:
I had a fiver on us to go up early doors, but I'm considering their 35p cash out option :D

I expect us to improve after Xmas but the top 6/8 in this league is a big gulf better than the rest so can't see it this year. Two (then three) good windows of recruitment though and next year wouldn't surprise me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:40 am

enrdentw wrote:
Recruitment is king. The summer didn't have the impact it needed to. We didn't sign any bad players, but we've had injuries to 4 key players - then Sarce walked. We are no better than we were at the end of last season.

We had to sign a centre forward, it remains a must.

We are 8 points behind the play offs, which is recoverable with good recruitment in January and if players can stay fit. We have got to find decent form until January if that's to be remotely realistic, though. If we can't match the pace set by some of the top 6 until then it's not going to happen.

A club of this stature, in this division, can do it. We will not go on a run like last season, though, so we need some wins on the board.

I don't doubt that the manager and most of the players are good enough to get out of League One at some stage.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:49 am

Obviously it's not impossible but I'd say it's more likely we go down than up, not that expect it to happen.
Last January was as good a window as you'll ever see. Even with maddison, the way the others worked out was amazingly effective. It won't be hard to improve us, but not by enough to see us climb into the playoffs. In fact I feel daft even writing about that possibility. Lose tonight and we're in serious trouble.
Also, it's good to read a sensible quote from evatt on Ameachi finally. He's being talked up way too much for his experience. I'm sure he's talented but evatt needed to tone it down a bit and now has.
But also we have to give the lad a break and give him some patience because it’s going to take time. There’s not one player in the world that can miss the length of time he has and be back to normal from day one.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:34 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:51 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:45 pm
We'll shit em 4-0.

One day, you're ship will come in. :D
And then it'll be 5-0. :pissed:
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:56 am

Might young Jääskeläinen be in goal for Crewe? Looks a bit shit from what I've seen. Hopefully Evatt's told our lot to shoot on sight!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:56 am
Might young Jääskeläinen be in goal for Crewe? Looks a bit shit from what I've seen. Hopefully Evatt's told our lot to shoot on sight!
Benched for the last two proper games – one of five changes Artell made after a 4-1 loss v McDons. Played this midweek in the Sherpa Shitshow dead rubber (when Crewe handed debuts to four kids). I would assume he's now second choice behind Dave Richards.

Per their site:
"Crewe Alexandra will be without defenders Kayne Ramsay, Travis Johnson and Donervon Daniels and midfielder Callum Ainley for the trip to Bolton Wanderers this evening.... Billy Sass-Davies is also away on International duty with Wales Under-21s and unavailable for selection."

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I think I'm right in thinking we opted to offer him scholarship terms ahead of Aaron Ramsdale, now first-choice at Arsenal and part of the England set-up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:51 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:45 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I think I'm right in thinking we opted to offer him scholarship terms ahead of Aaron Ramsdale, now first-choice at Arsenal and part of the England set-up.
Sounds possible - Will (born July) is two months younger than Aaron (born May)

”I did five years at Bolton. As a 15-year-old I got released. I was too small and couldn’t kick were the reasons they gave me. At the time it was true"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:25 pm

Should there be those unfortunate to not be able to afford to attend this evening or have the ability to pay for the ifollow subscription then I have space on my virtual couch.

PM for details.