Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Bare Bones....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Bare Bones....

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:51 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:25 am
Because we have to Tango.
I meant in the broad sense Cee Bee, and of course in my opinion, naught more, not just what's left of this season. To me, it's all about attitude and Evatt seems to have instilled a close family type bon homme relationship between the players. Play every game to win, if we lose, Amen.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:54 am
I think between now and season-end the games are important, the results less so (not withstanding how sweet Saturday's late equaliser felt ;) )
I mentioned before the Pompey game, let's be seeing a few players (not just Sadlier) in a few different positions. I'd also like to see us give the kids we're looking to keep some game time.
Would be great to see the likes of Hutchinson, Lockett, Pettifer and Tweedley get some minutes against Cheltenham and/or Accrington.

Both those games will be dead rubbers so why not give the youngsters some minutes? :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:36 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:57 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I think between now and season-end the games are important, the results less so (not withstanding how sweet Saturday's late equaliser felt ;) )
I mentioned before the Pompey game, let's be seeing a few players (not just Sadlier) in a few different positions. I'd also like to see us give the kids we're looking to keep some game time.
Would be great to see the likes of Hutchinson, Lockett, Pettifer and Tweedley get some minutes against Cheltenham and/or Accrington.

Both those games will be dead rubbers so why not give the youngsters some minutes? :D
Fleetwood on the last day. If it's between them and Morecambe to go down - and it may well be, if Gillingham can pull clear - I'm all for playing Evatt, the flag-wavers and the pie shop counter girls

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:36 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Fleetwood on the last day. If it's between them and Morecambe to go down - and it may well be, if Gillingham can pull clear - I'm all for playing Evatt, the flag-wavers and the pie shop counter girls
#controversial :lol:

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:15 pm

I know for a fact that I absolutely hate losing, so whatever we do and whoever we start, make sure its a winning combination. Would not want to see a team made up of Dixon/Hutchinson, Gordon, Senior, Thomasson, Baptiste, Xavi getting slaughtered by Doncaster Rovers. It would be a miserable summer for me.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:28 pm

Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:36 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

So the girls could be getting the Baps out?
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:37 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:15 pm
I know for a fact that I absolutely hate losing, so whatever we do and whoever we start, make sure its a winning combination. Would not want to see a team made up of Dixon/Hutchinson, Gordon, Senior, Thomasson, Baptiste, Xavi getting slaughtered by Doncaster Rovers. It would be a miserable summer for me.
Oh of course, has to be a full strength side against Doncaster, no doubt about it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Can’t say I’m keen on letting fleetwood do the double over us either. Recall one of their players giving it the big un when they scored their second to our fans. It does feel like their might be a bit on that last game.

I would like to finish top ten - it’s worth absolutely feck all I know!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:01 pm

We should play Big Ric as loan striker v Fleetwood.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:21 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:55 pm
Can’t say I’m keen on letting fleetwood do the double over us either. Recall one of their players giving it the big un when they scored their second to our fans. It does feel like their might be a bit on that last game.

I would like to finish top ten - it’s worth absolutely feck all I know!
Given the choice of Fleetwood or Morecambe to play next season, I think Morecambe would seem the easier option. Both games against Morecambe we should've won. I'm not enamoured at their shithousery but beating them would make for a nice day.

That being said, on the other hand it might be worth a look at Cole Stockton should Morecambe get relegated (or not).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:42 pm

Mar wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:21 pm
That being said, on the other hand it might be worth a look at Cole Stockton should Morecambe get relegated (or not).
I was thinking this, but he's contracted to 2023.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:09 pm

Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:42 pm
Mar wrote:
Maybe he's got a relegation release clause or on the flip side a possible contract extension clause in there. Either way I can't imagine that Morecambe would be happy letting their current prized asset go out of the club for free at the end of next season, especially given the form he's showed this season after making a step up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:15 pm

Mar wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:09 pm
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:42 pm
Mar wrote:
Maybe he's got a relegation release clause or on the flip side a possible contract extension clause in there. Either way I can't imagine that Morecambe would be happy letting their current prized asset go out of the club for free at the end of next season, especially given the form he's showed this season after making a step up.
Aye, and you'd expect he wouldn't want to dip back down.

But as this isn't a transfer rumour thread, we'd better mention injuries. Injuries. There we are

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:58 pm

Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:15 pm
Aye, and you'd expect he wouldn't want to dip back down.

But as this isn't a transfer rumour thread, we'd better mention injuries. Injuries. There we are
You know who hasn't been injured much this season? That Cole Stockton lad at Morecambe. He might be a good signing for us in the summer.

Did I do it right?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:01 pm

He scored an absolute screamer at the weekend. Good job the keeper didn't get in the way of it tbf, or be might have injured himself.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Injuries or not there’s no way he’s playing for Morecambe next season, whatever league they are in.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:08 pm

The hamstring issue with shin injury Cole Stockton would be heel damage we'd probably be buying him concussion at his peak ACL tear value.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:37 pm

😃
He’ll end up catching chicken pox at Sunderland.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:10 pm

Injury updates from Evatt:

MJ should play Saturday after missing Longridge through "a little bit of swelling in his knee purely because of the amount of load we’ve had in the first eight days of pre-season that they’ve covered."

Sheehan "won’t be ready to play probably until the back end of our pre-season schedule. He’s doing more and more every day and still progressing towards the physical contact."

Isgrove "still isn’t ready to join in. He’s probably got another three weeks left before he’s ready to join back in to train."

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:06 pm

Have to admit, the Izzy injury is worrying me.