Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Bare Bones....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Bare Bones....

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:06 am

Aye, feel for the lad. Can’t see him getting much football already this year and he’s such a likeable player.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:28 am

“ We had too many injuries last year, there is no denying that and we have done a lot of work over the summer as to how we can start avoiding those injuries.

“That work has taken place and you have seen the benefits of that in that first week of Portugal.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... ne-season/

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:10 am

Good news is "content" has improved! We're now getting "content and volume" into them. It's like Content 2.0! :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:26 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:06 pm
Have to admit, the Izzy injury is worrying me.
Opinions and whatnot, but Lloyd Isgrove was brought in along with the likes of Eoin Doyle to play fourth division football.

Doyle was capable to that level, but I thought Isgrove was all too often found lacking all that's needed or expected.

I wish the lad well, of course, but I simply cannot see him being up to snuff in the current set-up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:13 pm

I look forward to seeing him back again. I love his industry and the pace at which he plays. A good versatile player to have in the squad.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:14 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:26 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Opinions and whatnot, but Lloyd Isgrove was brought in along with the likes of Eoin Doyle to play fourth division football.

Doyle was capable to that level, but I thought Isgrove was all too often found lacking all that's needed or expected.

I wish the lad well, of course, but I simply cannot see him being up to snuff in the current set-up.

Me neither. I respect his industriousness but, thus far, his delivery into the box in particular has been woeful. I think Evatt likes him, though, and I suspect his versatility means he'll keep him at the club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:

I like Lloyd and I think the assessment that he’s only capable to league two level is a little harsh. I think he’d be fine in league one to an extent.

But beyond that hard to disagree with Bruce here. For a side wanting promotion to the championship Lloyd Isgrove is in no way good enough back up for the roles he’s covering. He’s not quick or strong enough for wing back nor is his delivery or pace enough for either wing back or front three.

His injury is also troubling given the extensions that seem to be continually placed on his recovery.

But for me he’s a B team who you might use in the odd cup game or as absolute emergency back up and no more.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:33 pm

He's a player I've really taken to, but agree that I can't see him featuring again for us. I think if he recovers he'll get fit in the B team and be loaned out in Jan until his contract expires. Would love to be wrong but can't see it. Wish the guy nothing but the best however it works out.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:38 pm

I haven't seen much of Isgrove, but to me he has some talent and he's an undeveloped Fossy. As such, I'll take a chance on being wrong and back him to come good.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:

This is where I am.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:18 am

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... ue-opener/
Josh Sheehan and Lloyd Isgrove have not played for Wanderers since the back end of last year but are now training fully and likely to be tested in the B Team arena early next month.

“Josh will probably be about another week away from playing for the B team and Izzy not far off that,” Evatt explained.

“Izzy looks completely different to what he did when he returned last time. He looks more free, a lot more confident in his body, which is great, and Josh is training really well.

“Another two options on the way.”

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:06 pm

Evatt: "Obviously, Josh and Lloyd are another week closer to playing. If there was a B Team fixture next week, they would have taken part in that. But there is a game the following week so that is probably where they will be blooded back into action.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... w-24663926

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:25 pm

Evatt confirms Sheehan and Isgrove will feature in tomorrow afternoon's 1pm KO at Fleetwood - and that Izzy could play wingback... on either side.
I'm really looking forward to having them back. I think they can both be important players for us. Lloyd I think would make a pretty good wing-back – he could play left or right. And Josh, he was one of our best players last season before the injury so I'm really excited to see him back. And the way we're playing at the moment, the system would really suit him. Another good option for us.

Just speaking to Josh the last few weeks, he is super excited to be getting out there because he sees what we are doing. He sees how we are playing and he thinks he can have a real big impact on that. (I'm) looking forward to seeing him play.

I wouldn’t think it will be long at all [before they're in first-team action].
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... mbe-clash/

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:25 pm
Evatt confirms Sheehan and Isgrove will feature in tomorrow afternoon's 1pm KO at Fleetwood - and that Izzy could play wingback... on either side.
I'm really looking forward to having them back. I think they can both be important players for us. Lloyd I think would make a pretty good wing-back – he could play left or right. And Josh, he was one of our best players last season before the injury so I'm really excited to see him back. And the way we're playing at the moment, the system would really suit him. Another good option for us.

Just speaking to Josh the last few weeks, he is super excited to be getting out there because he sees what we are doing. He sees how we are playing and he thinks he can have a real big impact on that. (I'm) looking forward to seeing him play.

I wouldn’t think it will be long at all [before they're in first-team action].
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... mbe-clash/
Great news to be having these two back. It'll be interesting to see how they can contribute in the current squad. Isgrove hasn't been out as long as Sheehan and looked like a good contributor whereas Sheehan seemed a bit of a novelty in a struggling side. Now we're better suited to get the best out of Sheehan and I suspect Isgrove will have quite the challenge getting back in the squad, thankfully he's versatile enough to do a variety of roles so i'm sure he'll get a chance.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:25 pm

I really like Isgrove. Realistically he's bottom of the squad now and unlikely to feature, but I'd love to see him step it up. Very concerning injury though.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:04 am

I think Isgrove is 3rd or 4th choice in any position he's able to play in, so he'll have to settle for the B Team, with some fleeting 1st team appearances, or go out on a loan, which at 29yrs and 8 months, you would think he absolutely needs
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:15 pm

Declan John “got a slight Achilles injury in the warm-up. We don’t know what it is yet until we get it looked at.”

Bodvarsson "will be two weeks."

(Evatt at Plymouth via https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... th-argyle/ )

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:04 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:15 pm
Declan John “got a slight Achilles injury in the warm-up. We don’t know what it is yet until we get it looked at.”

Bodvarsson "will be two weeks."

(Evatt at Plymouth via https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... th-argyle/ )
Declan John trains for a week, travels to Plymouth and has a niggle in the warm up. I find that all a bit strange with professional physio etc and it takes till now for it to emerge to be looked at. Odd to say the least.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:28 am

Wishful thinking..A rant to pass the time between transfer news and worries:

A view I've held since I was old enough to think, is that the structure of football clubs (indeed any sport where team participation is the norm) would benefit all if there was equality in the wages and importance structures. In team games every player should be rated as important as the next man as the "superstars" are made that way in systems governed by finance, shareholders, sponsors, agents, car park consortiums and the horde of beak-wetters that the game attracts far more than just a love of the game.

Yes, I know that for the true sport lovers (the fans) who pay extortionate prices for season tickets, fanafinalia, shirts, scarves etc, ( probably all made in China, Taiwan etc) they haven't much choice but to suffer in silence, but what, really have car valeting, letter franking and all the rest of the "nowt to do with football" speculators that jump on the ball kickers band waggon that describes just ninety minutes per week for your average fan, really got to do with sport?

In a winning side each and every player (and sub) is just as important as the goal scorer. To borrow an Austenism "It is a truth universally acknowledged that every man in possession of a Ford Focus and semi-detached house must be in want of a Bentley Continental and a mansion in Alderley Edge " yet only a section of any team is rated (and paid extortionately) and are classed as stars. Without the rest, where would they be? What makes it that way, not the lads who guard the "jumpers " (for younger afficionados, coats, sweaters, shoes etc that marked the nets back when it was just a sport) but the ones who can attract the most currency for whacking the ball into the opponents net. Thus it ever was since the word "professional " came into being. Apply the same equality rules on football finance (players wages) and oh, what a change that would make.

Okay, pointless rant over. Nothing achieved . Back to transfers... :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:36 am

We certainly won more cups when there was a maximum wage.