Not the only Wanderers..v Wycombe away 20-Nov 3-O clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Not the only Wanderers..v Wycombe away 20-Nov 3-O clock.

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:55 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:21 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:20 pm
Sheehan's out for nine months and Baka's out for six to eight weeks.
Is that official?

Yes. It's from Evatt himself.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:58 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:55 pm
Yes. It's from Evatt himself.
Yeah, saw it and now Sheehan has put a post up on Twitter. Gutted for him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:04 pm

In all seriousness we need to dip into the free market now because there is no way on earth that we can limp to January with Lee and Thomason our only midfield options - Lee will break down soon mark my words. Tutte coming back but isn’t very good and we have no holding player.

Did Comley get fixed up? Because he’s an option and likely to be fitter than most.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:04 pm
In all seriousness we need to dip into the free market now because there is no way on earth that we can limp to January with Lee and Thomason our only midfield options - Lee will break down soon mark my words. Tutte coming back but isn’t very good and we have no holding player.

Did Comley get fixed up? Because he’s an option and likely to be fitter than most.

I don't think he is because he was still under contract with us at the close of the last transfer window.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Can we register players at the moment? I thought we couldn't until January.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

BEN report said Comley had "torn up the remainder of his Contract"..doesn't sound like it'd be likely

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

BEN report said Comley had "torn up the remainder of his Contract"..doesn't sound like it'd be likely
It was a mutual thing. But circumstances now mean we are in serious trouble. And I doubt many think getting to January with existing options is viable. Darcy comes back soon but is he the sort we need?

I think we might need to offer some short term deals. As it stands Johnston will have to play in midfield but Lee has to play 3 a week at 34 and is struggling imho. Thomason not good enough.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:19 pm
Darcy comes back soon but is he the sort we need?
He can walk and both his arms work, so yes.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:27 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:11 pm
Can we register players at the moment? I thought we couldn't until January.

Yes, but only free agents who weren't under contract when the last transfer window closed. It's why, particularly in the January transfer window, clubs often release players in the dying house of deadline day.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:31 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:27 pm
Yes, but only free agents who weren't under contract when the last transfer window closed. It's why, particularly in the January transfer window, clubs often release players in the dying house of deadline day.
Okay, cool. How long to get a player who hasn't played since last season up to speed enough to play 90 minutes? 4 weeks, minimum?

I get the desire to do it, but not sure it's practical as a "saving the season" measure. Open to most ideas at this stage, though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:38 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:31 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Okay, cool. How long to get a player who hasn't played since last season up to speed enough to play 90 minutes? 4 weeks, minimum?

I get the desire to do it, but not sure it's practical as a "saving the season" measure. Open to most ideas at this stage, though.
Henry came in and changed our season. He wasn’t fit. I accept it’s far from optimal but what other option is there? Evatt has to abandon his style anyway now as we aren’t fit to carry it out. Need to cede possession. But to do that we need a defensive midfield player and another more physical type. No idea who we can get but Comley for example unless he’s signed in non league we could bring him back.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:40 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

I suppose it would depend on their current level of fitness. Even if only fit to play half an hour they'd have been useful today, though.

But anyway, I'm not particularly arguing for it.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:38 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

Henry came in and changed our season. He wasn’t fit. I accept it’s far from optimal but what other option is there? Evatt has to abandon his style anyway now as we aren’t fit to carry it out. Need to cede possession. But to do that we need a defensive midfield player and another more physical type. No idea who we can get but Comley for example unless he’s signed in non league we could bring him back.

He was contracted to a club at the close of the last transfer window so my assumption is we couldn't.
Last edited by nicholaldo on Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Evatt has to abandon his style anyway now as we aren’t fit to carry it out.
He won't.

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:42 pm

It’s lousy but we still have the players to make it work. It will be tough on the likes of Lee but that’s just the way it has to be. Obviously any more go down and we’re stuffed but it’s not realistic to consider bringing in players who aren’t fit with January so close. I might make an exception for Eagles who looked well up to it last weekend and could do a job short term? One are we could capitalise on is set pieces. With four Central Defenders we need to work on them contributing, which none of them have so far. It might mean Evatt shelving his passing for a couple of months but we just have to make the best of what we have.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:46 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He won't.
I would say we did at Stockport and that didn't turn out pretty well did it?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:42 pm
It’s lousy but we still have the players to make it work. It will be tough on the likes of Lee but that’s just the way it has to be. Obviously any more go down and we’re stuffed but it’s not realistic to consider bringing in players who aren’t fit with January so close. I might make an exception for Eagles who looked well up to it last weekend and could do a job short term? One are we could capitalise on is set pieces. With four Central Defenders we need to work on them contributing, which none of them have so far. It might mean Evatt shelving his passing for a couple of months but we just have to make the best of what we have.
Lee will already be in the ‘red zone’ where injury risk is highest let alone playing him Tuesday.

Thomason isn’t good enough. I’m failing to see where we have 3 even semi competent midfield players to make anything work. Let alone the need to rest or rotate. I don’t think the midfield that finished the game can win any games at league one level unless Evatt completely changes how we setup - even then it’s a stretch.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:51 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:46 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He won't.
I would say we did at Stockport and that didn't turn out pretty well did it?

We didn't, we were forced out of it. That's a different thing entirely.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:57 pm

In a spot of bother aren’t we? Would you come back if you were Comley? It’d be a hell of a Uturn to go from surplus to requirements to being the absolute saviour within a couple of weeks. Guessing he’d make a bit of cash from it having already had a pay out to leave. I can’t see any other options though for now. Can we recall Darcy?
I didn’t see today but Lee looked absolutely shagged on wednesday night. No way he can keep going and Thomason doesn’t fill me with confidence.
Could isgrove play centrally? He’s certainly got energy and is quite tenacious, though he’d probably give away some cheap free kicks.