More Tin Pot Than Gold Cup - Jockeying For Position vs Cheltenham At Home (3pm 27/11/21)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: More Tin Pot Than Gold Cup - Jockeying For Position vs Cheltenham At Home (3pm 27/11/21)

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:03 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:45 pm
For me (and speaking as a long-term full-back)
Well yeah, you and me both, Buddy. However, ultimately, you write stuff and I sell stuff for a reason. ;)
Oh, yeah. "Jobbing" would be overstating it. But I was proud to wear the Wanderers shirt.

(For the BWFC London Supporters' Club XI, a long time ago :mrgreen: )

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: More Tin Pot Than Gold Cup - Jockeying For Position vs Cheltenham At Home (3pm 27/11/21)

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:47 am

Wrong side of a couple of big decisions, but I think a draw was probably a fair result. The headed clearance from Aimson in the 2nd half was incredible and rescued a point

Stand out performer was Kachunga - He's getting better by the game which means he'll be injured in training today
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:04 am

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:47 am
Wrong side of a couple of big decisions, but I think a draw was probably a fair result. The headed clearance from Aimson in the 2nd half was incredible and rescued a point

Stand out performer was Kachunga - He's getting better by the game which means he'll be injured in training today
I would agree a point was just about fair though I felt we edged it just in a weird way. They probably looked the more controlled side but we had quality that always threatened. Dapo in and we'd have won for me.

But I think any point now is a good one. Kachunga is clearly getting better. I still don't know where his best position is but the quality of his goal speaks volumes. If we keep Amaechi then those three behind a striker would be some attack - would leave us open but perhaps at home we can afford that with the quality at TIMES against certain teams.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:40 pm

Crowley seems a player who wants the ball (unlike some who treat it like a hand grenade with the pin out). He's more a Kevin De Braun player, a bit unsystemised, who wanders around a la Paul Scholes always read to take the ball and change the direction of play. Okay, I may be exaggerated off one viewing, but....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?