Sprats v Mackerels..V Fleetwood at home. 31-11-21. 7 O'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Sprats v Mackerels..V Fleetwood at home. 31-11-21. 7 O'clock

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:25 am

A frozen menu tomorrow night in the Papa John Trophy game, Sprats v Mackerels, but which is which? Back to back fixture a week apart, Cup then League. Boost if we can avoid further injury. We have to spring eternal with our hope. Have at it... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Sprats v Mackerels..V Fleetwood at home. 31-11-21. 7 O'clock

Post by The_Gun » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:31 am

Tomorrow is the Papa John's game, Tango. League match is a week tomorrow.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:34 am

The_Gun wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:31 am
Tomorrow is the Papa John's game, Tango. League match is a week tomorrow.
Ah, my bad for not checking and being clear. I'll edit it and thanks. :oops:

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:45 am

Difficult to say what we should do for this one. On the one hand it would be nice to progress in this cup, but at the same time we can't risk injuries to any more players. We perhaps don't even have enough available to really rotate the team anyway.

Are Fleetwood likely to rest some given they're currently sat in the relegation zone?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 am

The_Gun wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:45 am
Difficult to say what we should do for this one. On the one hand it would be nice to progress in this cup, but at the same time we can't risk injuries to any more players. We perhaps don't even have enough available to really rotate the team anyway.

Are Fleetwood likely to rest some given they're currently sat in the relegation zone?
It's a conundrum. I mean, our bench from Saturday was Gilks, Delf, Baps, Tweedy, Conway, Henry, Pettifer...I have no idea whether the last 4 on the list are remotely ready for first team football..

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:11 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 am
The_Gun wrote:

It's a conundrum. I mean, our bench from Saturday was Gilks, Delf, Baps, Tweedy, Conway, Henry, Pettifer...I have no idea whether the last 4 on the list are remotely ready for first team football..
Henry looked like he had something when I last saw him in this competition. We might not really have much option other than to play a few of them.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:18 am

Think I'd start with Saturdays starting XI maybe even put Doyle on the bench and throw Dapo in to the mix then use the kids after 60mins to rest key players. It may even be worth starting with Gilks and Baps as well.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:27 am

The_Gun wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:11 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 am
The_Gun wrote:

Henry looked like he had something when I last saw him in this competition. We might not really have much option other than to play a few of them.
Yeah - but difficult to tell off 20 minutes against an U21's when you're 3-0 up...as much as I'd like to have a tilt at this, I wouldn't be too offended if he rested a few. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:28 am

We play the strongest team we've got because a) we might as well try and shoot for Wembley and b) I don't think we've any real choice.

Delf might play. Dapo definitely should. Xav might not given his recovery needs.

But might as well go for this. We can and will get injuries anytime I don't think this game is much difference. We also then have a full week off before the next game - also Fleetwood.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:28 am
We play the strongest team we've got because a) we might as well try and shoot for Wembley and b) I don't think we've any real choice.

Delf might play. Dapo definitely should. Xav might not given his recovery needs.

But might as well go for this. We can and will get injuries anytime I don't think this game is much difference. We also then have a full week off before the next game - also Fleetwood.
I sort of wish the league game was first, although injury again complicates things and we can't risk a double loss, ( can happen) but League before cup for me. We need results against lower/weaker clubs (Are there any in this unpredictable League?) Injuries are forcing our hands with our Aces and Kings offset by deuces and possible Jokers.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:28 am

Aye, full week after to recover. Last two games have shown enough that I don't think there's any real danger we'll go down, but still going up looks a long shot, so let's have a go at a Wembley trip.

Dapo back in, for whichever of Doyle or Amaechi needs wrapping up the most.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:57 am

Yep, play the same team with just Dapo in. I’m assuming Baps was patched up to be on the bench? Vaguely recall reading they were managing Aimson and injuries as well, so that could be a swap?

Worth giving Gilks a game in goal?

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:20 pm

Will be really interesting to see the lineup for this. I’m sure Evatt would love to get to the final of this and we have a real chance of doing it, but how much risk is he willing to take regarding injuries?

Also interested to see if he’ll stick with the 3-4-3 shape that finished the game against Cheltenham.

Kieran Lee definitely needs to be rested, he looked shattered at the end of Saturday’s game but who comes in for him, Aarran Pettifer?

I think Doyle also needs a rest and Delf is pretty much nailed on to start so it’ll be either him or Kachunga up front and Delf at RW/LW.

Does Dapo get a start after a weeks rest or is it not worth the risk? If he isn’t risked, is Mitchell Henry given a start to save Amaeachi?

Saving grace is that we’ve not got a game this Saturday, so there’s time to recover until our meeting with Fleetwood next Tuesday.

I’d be tempted to go with something like this:

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 17.16.17.png
Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 17.16.17.png (148.2 KiB) Viewed 1281 times

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:25 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:36 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:20 pm
Will be really interesting to see the lineup for this. I’m sure Evatt would love to get to the final of this and we have a real chance of doing it, but how much risk is he willing to take regarding injuries?

Also interested to see if he’ll stick with the 3-4-3 shape that finished the game against Cheltenham.

Kieran Lee definitely needs to be rested, he looked shattered at the end of Saturday’s game but who comes in for him, Aarran Pettifer?

I think Doyle also needs a rest and Delf is pretty much nailed on to start so it’ll be either him or Kachunga up front and Delf at RW/LW.

Does Dapo get a start after a weeks rest or is it not worth the risk? If he isn’t risked, is Mitchell Henry given a start to save Amaeachi?

Saving grace is that we’ve not got a game this Saturday, so there’s time to recover until our meeting with Fleetwood next Tuesday.

An old-fashioned view maybe, but if we want to win I'd leave Pettifer out , drop Delf back and have Kachunga and Dapo either side of Doyle " or even Xavier if fit." I don't expect you to agree. :D

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:36 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:20 pm

An old-fashioned view maybe, but if we want to win I'd leave Pettifer out , drop Delf back and have Kachunga and Dapo either side of Doyle " or even Xavier if fit." I don't expect you to agree. :D
Evatt's comments from today's press conference suggest there may be some youth teamers starting

“We are going to have to make changes because people need a rest and we don’t want to break anyone else down...we have seen bits from the younger ones who have come to train with us in the last couple of weeks, but are they ready to play at that level consistently? No, is the honest answer.

At the moment we have to get them involved. They are improving and there are glimpses of talent there but we need to refine it. We don’t have a lot of time but we’ll throw them in at the deep end and hopefully a few of them will swim.”

Although I seem to remember him suggesting there would be changes for the Rochdale game and he played a full strength side for that so who knows :D

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Genuinely don’t look at any of the youth and think they look remotely ready. Be surprised to see any of them start. But then I could also see Doyle and Lee rested so that means one of them has to start!

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:08 am

Tried to buy a ticket for this and it tells me that this event is not available to me.

I am a member I have signed in my membership is active.

Shambles, I can't be arsed phoning the ticket office so just won't bother.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:13 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:08 am
Tried to buy a ticket for this and it tells me that this event is not available to me.

I am a member I have signed in my membership is active.

Shambles, I can't be arsed phoning the ticket office so just won't bother.
Did you register for that 'official' club membership thing they brought in recently? I haven't, but have a pre-existing account, and receive the same message as you. If you're in the same boat as me it might be that.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:21 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 pm
Genuinely don’t look at any of the youth and think they look remotely ready. Be surprised to see any of them start. But then I could also see Doyle and Lee rested so that means one of them has to start!
End of day I suppose it's all down to trusting Evatt. he's the one who sees them daily in training and knows their value. We kissed goodbye to the F.A Cup, so how far can he realistically see us going in the Mama's and Papa's Trophy? If we have the intent then we won't do it with a weak team, but how ready are the reserve, particularly in defense, to
do more then just California Dreaming? I know less then most about the Pettifers, Henrys and co, but every ladder starts with the first rung so maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise.
Only thing there'll be no doubt about is that it will be er, "cold" at the Unibol. Winter Hill
didn't get its name for nothing. COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)