Take your Mac to Fleetwood. Away 07-12-21. 7-45.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Take your Mac to Fleetwood. Away 07-12-21. 7-45.

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:42 am
DJBlu wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:40 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm
There've been too many of these performances now.

We need practically everything to go in our favour to win. It speaks volumes that since August we've only beaten one club that wasn't in the relegation zone at the time we played them and the one club that wasn't was fifth bottom.
Maybe that's where we are at?

I'm not making excuses but putting in MJ, Isgrove, Jones, Bakayoko, and Sheehan changes the story. We are extremely thin on the ground and there are square pegs in round holes. It's shit at the minute but January is round the corner and Evatt has the chance to show what he is made of.

Believe!
MJ and Jones. The rest don’t change anything. We are miles off where we should be. Need a lot of work in January. Defence and midfield both need rebuilding. Not even sure a striker is number one priority. We need a proper base to avoid looking so hapless.
Isgrove doesn't change anything? You really do conveniently forget things don't you?
No he doesn’t. He doesn’t fix any of our most pressing issues and would he get in ahead of Dapo, Kachunga and Xav? Not for me. Our problems lie in midfield and at the back.
Yeah that's the issue - we're trying to say we have 5 injured out of a team playing 14 players. If Isgrove is in, Kacha probably isn't playing, similarly, Baka has Doyle, Dapo or Kacha to displace. Sheehan, I'm not convinced about yet. I like both Isgrove and Baka, but I'm not sure they get a start over Doyle/Kacha at the moment and I don't think we can argue we're "missing" Isgrove and Baka, for Doyle/Kachunga...

So I'm still where I was last night that we're only at worst 3 short of our "best team"....

We could change keeper, so no issues there
Three of the defence would be in our "best defence" - only Jones missing
Two missing in midfield - MJ/Sheehan
No one "missing" upfront, who doesn't have an "equivalent"

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:38 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:25 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:42 am
DJBlu wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:40 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm
There've been too many of these performances now.

We need practically everything to go in our favour to win. It speaks volumes that since August we've only beaten one club that wasn't in the relegation zone at the time we played them and the one club that wasn't was fifth bottom.
Maybe that's where we are at?

I'm not making excuses but putting in MJ, Isgrove, Jones, Bakayoko, and Sheehan changes the story. We are extremely thin on the ground and there are square pegs in round holes. It's shit at the minute but January is round the corner and Evatt has the chance to show what he is made of.

Believe!
MJ and Jones. The rest don’t change anything. We are miles off where we should be. Need a lot of work in January. Defence and midfield both need rebuilding. Not even sure a striker is number one priority. We need a proper base to avoid looking so hapless.
Isgrove doesn't change anything? You really do conveniently forget things don't you?
No he doesn’t. He doesn’t fix any of our most pressing issues and would he get in ahead of Dapo, Kachunga and Xav? Not for me. Our problems lie in midfield and at the back.
Yeah that's the issue - we're trying to say we have 5 injured out of a team playing 14 players. If Isgrove is in, Kacha probably isn't playing, similarly, Baka has Doyle, Dapo or Kacha to displace. Sheehan, I'm not convinced about yet. I like both Isgrove and Baka, but I'm not sure they get a start over Doyle/Kacha at the moment and I don't think we can argue we're "missing" Isgrove and Baka, for Doyle/Kachunga...

So I'm still where I was last night that we're only at worst 3 short of our "best team"....

We could change keeper, so no issues there
Three of the defence would be in our "best defence" - only Jones missing
Two missing in midfield - MJ/Sheehan
No one "missing" upfront, who doesn't have an "equivalent"
You're right, but I think our problem is that MJ and Jones have no direct replacements and the players who we're starting in their place are huge, huge drop offs.

Gordon is only one player, but he's at best a League Two left back who's starting as a right back in League One. Other teams are not ignorant of this fact, and are continuously targeting him.

I think it was the Zonal Marking guy, Michael Cox, who said 'a defence is only as strong as its weakest link'.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:52 am

The thing that baffles me most, and it isn't just last night, is the amount of space we give opponents when they score against us. Look at the highlights, our eighteen yard area looks more like a golf course than a football field. One decent through ball, long or short,and its harder for opponents to miss than score.

It happens too much and often and yet we persist in showing players here and there like a cinema usherette instead of the hyena attacking of opposing defences that works so well against us and always will in this league. Last two games a single striker has caused havoc against three or four pat-a-cake defenders.We'd never win any form of sprint race in our half and for the first fifteen minutes we never got out of our it. . Santos's rear gunner desperation lunge at their no 9 would never have happened if he hadn't been left standing way out of our box and once Baptiste came on we were doomed.

Credit to Fleetwood, they may be a bad side (claimed) yet they played to win and tanked us right royally. We need to show some guts and then at least losing we won't seem like a laughing stock. No Ameachie's, Dapo's or Kachunga's will save us till we start playing like a team and get stuck in with some heart and stop giving soft goals away..

Amen. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:05 pm

Goals from last night are a proper defensive sh!tshow.

First goal: p!ss-easy overload for unmarked overlapping full-back to send in an uncontested cross for a striker who gets there faster than Santos (behind a who-in-the-what-now Aimson).

Second goal: As Baptiste watches on from somewhere in midfield, Fleetwood have a three-v-three – our three being Gordon, Johnston and a desperately sprinting Dapo - and even have time to take the p!ss out of the last man before doing the same to the away end.

Third goal: Gordon completely sold by another simple overload, Biggins has time to cut inside, avoid the slowly lumbering Baptiste and fire under the hologrammatic Dixon.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:09 am

Good god, only just seen that. We're getting bent over on Saturday.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:08 am

Ouch. Thats bad...

Assume that was d1ckhead Bolton fans behind the goal lobbing bottles at their players after the second goal?

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Highlights our biggest problem all season and where we have to fix in January. Defense. We are very very weak. And no sense blaming any one player. We simply need better defenders than what we have currently for this level. Another physical Central midfielder would also help. Lee is just not up to physical confrontations, neither Thomo. Good players both of them but just cant compete physically.