Take your Mac to Fleetwood. Away 07-12-21. 7-45.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Take your Mac to Fleetwood. Away 07-12-21. 7-45.

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Our record in local derbies is absolutely abysmal as well… I cannot be fecked losing to, nay being stuffed by, all these fecking wanky clubs on our own doorstep any longer. If Evatt can’t motivate the players he needs to go. Maybe whatever Sarcevic said to him touched a nerve.
Last edited by officer_dibble on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Good news is, Evatt probably remembers his post match words from Stockport, so can just use that.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm

There've been too many of these performances now.

We need practically everything to go in our favour to win. It speaks volumes that since August we've only beaten one club that wasn't in the relegation zone at the time we played them and the one club that wasn't was fifth bottom.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 pm

Not even scored a goal away from home since before the Sarcevic incident. No fight, no commitment, not up for it.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm

We need practically everything to go in our favour to win. It speaks volumes that since August we've only beaten one club that wasn't in the relegation zone at the time we played them and the one club that wasn't was fifth bottom.
Maybe that's where we are at?

I'm not making excuses but putting in MJ, Isgrove, Jones, Bakayoko, and Sheehan changes the story. We are extremely thin on the ground and there are square pegs in round holes. It's shit at the minute but January is round the corner and Evatt has the chance to show what he is made of.

Believe!

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:09 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:52 pm
Tell us what you really think, Bertie.
Its about time someone told Evatt & the players - every time we come up against a team who compete & want it more than us we get hammered i.e. Wigan, Stockport & now Fleetwood, all local derby games where the players need to fight & scrap but they don't & can't, they would get out muscled & out fought by a ladies team, they are the weakest, softest, spineless bunch of players I've known in a BWFC side.

There is serious discontent tonight amongst some fans, especially the ones who have paid hard earned money to watch that in person tonight in that weather. If Evatt does get January to sort this mess out he needs to target players who will roll up their sleeves & fight not role over waiting for their bellies to be tickled.

How many more times can they get away with these spineless gutless performances in games, especially derby games.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:10 pm

I’m struggling to believe tonight. I really am.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:10 pm

nicholaldo wrote:

I didn't see tonight's game but this is an accurate summary of what I've seen this season. When allowed to, we play nice stuff and look good. When it gets difficult we fold like a bunch of bottlers.
Evatt saw and addressed the obvious weaknesses last January. It'll be much harder to do so a league up, and we shall see.
He was quoted last week as saying something like (!!possibly unfair paraphrase alert!!)... we're shit at lots of things but in one narrow aspect we're as good as anyone.
Doesn't help if the things we're shit at give them two goals a game and we miss all our chances.
It really is all very Owen Coyle.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:23 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 pm
Paddy Lane giving it plenty to the Bolton fans. Lad’s been a knob all night.
I’ve never heard of him!
20 year old right winger signed from feck* Hyde Jnited! Getting the opportunity to give it the big un in front of our fans. Injury list or not there is not one player out there who played for the badge, rolled their sleeves up and got on with it. That lad is shit yet he bullied our lot and got to give it the big one…I’m expecting some serious changes in January or I’m expecting Evatt to join Sarcevic back in non- league…

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

I'm not making excuses but putting in MJ, Isgrove, Jones, Bakayoko, and Sheehan changes the story. We are extremely thin on the ground and there are square pegs in round holes. It's shit at the minute but January is round the corner and Evatt has the chance to show what he is made of.

Believe!
MJ and Jones. The rest don’t change anything. We are miles off where we should be. Need a lot of work in January. Defence and midfield both need rebuilding. Not even sure a striker is number one priority. We need a proper base to avoid looking so hapless.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:19 pm

MJ should be in at captain on Saturday

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:21 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:38 pm
The worst thing is it isn’t a one off it’s every feck* away game at the moment. Tactically clueless and players who aren’t up for it. I’m not convinced at all by the players or the manager. Not at all.
Dibs this is a very good post - by far the most accurate post over the past few months.

The manager's utter bullshit & tactical weaknesses week after week, the diabolical hard hearted 'soft as shit' choirboy players - the abysmal Sunday league defending & equally Sunday league set pieces. That team we had out was good enough to beat a poor Fleetwood team, who comfortably beat us after no wins in 11 games. Its not acceptable regardless of injuries, this manager & group of players do not deserve the support they get from the fans. All of these players & the manager can fcuk off for me.
Evatt might be tactically poor or whatever but the basic problem is he hasn’t recruited a team able to do more than one thing.

Can’t score from set pieces. Can’t scrap out wins. Can’t get the ball into the box. Can’t defend crosses. We can play football when all conditions are favourable and players are on form. That’s it.

He lacks attention to detail as a manager. Set pieces reflect this. You could have a team drilled and determined to nick a 1-0 on a night like this. But Evatt lacks that real drive and determination to do that. It feels lazy.

But bottom line is he needs to change his recruitment policy and sign some players who can win the physical battles this league will continue to demand. Bottom line.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:23 pm

The sort of unremittingly crap performance some have been expecting for a month, since the Sheehan and Bakayoko injuries were confirmed. Weirdly, they didn’t come: we battled at Wycombe and lost on margins, we easily beat Donny, we shared four goals with Cheltenham, we beat this lot in the Sherpa sideshow.

We do have long-term problems, though, and one of them is the lack of goals away. We haven’t scored away in the league since September. Another is the defensive porousness: we haven’t had an away clean sheet since August. That's the reason we're only beating the division's poorest teams (and, evidently, not always even managing that).

Not sure Santos is any more at sea in a back three than a back four – he’s looked fine enough there in that system in recent games. But he’s certainly prone to lapses. All our defenders are incomplete players. It’s where we are. Doesn’t mean we should be so chaotic, though, or poorly prepared at set-pieces.

Pru’s point that we were done by our own shape change is interesting. I was surprised when it was Aimson hooked for Amaechi but I hoped it would be a wise move, that we’d play a back two rather than a back four and have more men further up the pitch. There wasn’t any need for John and Gordon to drop back just because we’d lost a centre-back, but you could see the utter confusion in Gordon’s body language. You stay up there, son, and let others worry about the back.

There’s a lot of players that aren’t good enough. That’s not a knee-jerk reaction to tonight’s loss, it’s something I’ve said before and I take absolutely no pleasure in having reinforced tonight. I don’t necessarily think Thomason, to take one example, is Absolutely Useless And Must Be Shot Into Space Forthwith, but he looks to me like he needs more gametime in a lower division, to make his mistakes for someone else. Johnston and Gordon have their good points but need to learn a lot yet - by season’s end they’ll both be 23.

Others are journeymen without the excuse of youth. Dixon (27) is commendably calm on the ball but seems to me rather lacking in the ability to reliably keep the ball out of the net. Aimson (27) isn’t the worst player on the planet, and he’d be in my XI on Saturday, but you start to see why Plymouth let him leave. They could be squad players for now but they’re never going to be excellent players in the third tier, let alone beyond.

At the long-toothed end of the squad, things are getting almost Shakespearean. Alex Baptiste, 36 next month, looks every day of it and more. Delfouneso, 31 in February, has only played more than 45 minutes in a league game once this season, and was replaced before the hour, in yet another away defeat to nil (Pompey). Worryingly, Eoin Doyle, 34 in March, is starting to fade badly, and is still snatching at presentable chances despite apparently turning more corners than Peter Kay’s taxi. In 1,501 league minutes – the equivalent of 16 games plus an hour - this season he’s scored two non-penalties, and one of those was against a Donny team looking every inch a fourth-tier side.

The other was a near-post header from a corner, against Oxford way back in summer. Along with Sheehan’s direct free-kick against McDons, it’s one of two goals from set-pieces, which have been absolute dogsh!t all season. Maybe they will, or would, improve with better players, but I’m afraid I’m not holding my breath for it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:56 pm

The reality is, this is a rough tough league and fancy Dans have no part in it. Dapo and co never got off the ground because Fleetwood were all over them like terriers all game. No use blaming Doyle, because he never once (well, maybe twice all game) got the opportunity to run in space much beyond the halfway line. Our set-piece attempts were as much use as chocolate conkers and our attempts to "hit the goalie" competition were spot on. Our defence made their attack look like Usain Bolt and the Jamaican relay team,

A disallowed goal, a very poor ref and playing with ten men (are we appealing that red card ?) might offer feeble excuses, but our 633 Squadron run on music should be changed to Doris Day singing Bewitched, bothered and bewildered" In short, we got a hiding, and unless we change things drastically, we'll get more.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:19 pm
MJ should be in at captain on Saturday
That's half our problem I.M.O Dibs. One man won't change things, it needs a kick up the pantaloons for quite a few. Pretty obvious that teams have found a way to beat our existing game and we need to change it. No surprise that this is a "if you can't get the ball, get the man"league and fair play is unheard of, even by the refs. Our defenders couldn't win an egg an spoon race.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:44 am

I'll give you a million pounds if we appeal the red card, and a billion if we're successful.

It was shite, but we've got a non league left back playing at right back.

The set pieces are the most annoying, but I thought they were better today, less idiotic given the conditions. If Aimson didn't have a twenty p head we'd have actually scored one. Keep the faith. January is another game closer.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:30 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:44 am
I'll give you a million pounds if we appeal the red card, and a billion if we're successful.

It was shite, but we've got a non league left back playing at right back.

The set pieces are the most annoying, but I thought they were better today, less idiotic given the conditions. If Aimson didn't have a twenty p head we'd have actually scored one. Keep the faith. January is another game closer.
Aye, fine margins.
That goes in and Doyle's weak as feck attempt to the keeper's hands we come away saying "we didn't play well but 3 points are 3 points".

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm
DJBlu wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

Believe!
MJ and Jones. The rest don’t change anything. We are miles off where we should be. Need a lot of work in January. Defence and midfield both need rebuilding. Not even sure a striker is number one priority. We need a proper base to avoid looking so hapless.
Isgrove doesn't change anything? You really do conveniently forget things don't you?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:19 am

Woke up, checked cricket, now in even worse mood!

Sorry but I still don’t feel like relaxing and saying oh it’s cos we have a non-league stump out of position at right back, or get some of the injure back we are just unlucky. To turn up and shrug our shoulders and amble round that pitch second half…after some of the shit we’ve been served up this season..it’s too regular an occurrence. Fleetwood are wank, they hadn’t won in 12, and we’ve just made them look like Real Madrid. We don’t turn up and compete or even give a shit, and it keeps happening. Why would you pay money to go and watch us, particularly in a local derby when we don’t have the balls to play with some pride? Not sure a January transfer window is all that’s needed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:42 am

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:40 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm
DJBlu wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

Believe!
Isgrove doesn't change anything? You really do conveniently forget things don't you?
No he doesn’t. He doesn’t fix any of our most pressing issues and would he get in ahead of Dapo, Kachunga and Xav? Not for me. Our problems lie in midfield and at the back.