Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Post by DJBlu » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:48 pm

couch.png
couch.png (568.86 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
God knows what's going to happen.

I'm sure we'll find out.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Having weighed all the evidence and taking into account the fact they're the joint leakiest defence (along with last night's opponents)

We'll shit 'em.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Post by DJBlu » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:00 pm

Just realised the forum clock is out by an hour for me.

No wonder we're down on our luck.

Edit: Changed it! Gonna shit em!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Fascinating clash between a famous old Lancastrian name who'd be happy to survive in the third tier... and Accy :mrgreen:

Also, the team that last Saturday hammered 5-1 the team who hammered us 3-0 last night. <nervously fingers shirt collar>

Hope against hope that MJ is back and fit, but even if so, what formation do we use? Our back three – the abandonment of which presaged collapse last night - has been partially used to compensate for his absence. If we reverted to a four it might increase the problems in the half-space between Aimson (if selected) and Gordon (selected by default considering Jones, Isgrove and Brockbank are injured and Baptiste is now a walking humiliation when played out wide).

Then again our captain and central defensive mainstay is out, so a back three would be Aimson-Baptiste-Johnston... maaaaaybe, perhaps, the safest way to accommodate Baptiste these days, but hardly a coalition of unquestionable talents.

Accy seem to swap between a back three/five and a back four, so that doesn't help. Whatever they play I assume they'll target our right side, as most teams tend to; Fleetwood opened the scoring on that side and then walked through it again twice in the time it takes to sing a pop song.

As ever, we need to defend a lot better and maybe, just maybe, score an away league goal for the first time since the petrol crisis.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:50 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:00 pm
Just realised the forum clock is out by an hour for me.

No wonder we're down on our luck.

Edit: Changed it! Gonna shit em!
We're now in the six month period whereby the clock on my oven's correct, but the clock on the landline phone's an hour fast.

Maybe I'm responsible for us only ever turning up for half a game? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:15 pm

We will lose by 2 or 3. We will concede first and at least one goal will be a very sloppy goal that should have been defended much better, Doyle will miss at least 3 sitters and not one of our corners will get past the first man and it will be a shock if we actually score. Our players will get tackled quite heavily & the Accrington players will be quite aggressive and in our players faces, our players won't tackle and will shrink & hide in comparison. Evatt's post match comments will be identical to yesterday's.

Evatt will get some stick from the very loyal travelling fans as they leave the stadium once the 3rd goes in half way through the 2nd half.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:16 pm

I know it’s different players from the Keith Hill debacle but our fans are owed a performance here. Big time. Turn up, dont shirk, results will be what it will be but it has to be 100% effort for a change.

I don’t know where Gilks is at but I’d be tempted with his presence, if it was felt he could actually dive and make saves.

Is there any chance of someone else at right back? Gordon’s not even a good enough left back. Maybe Baptiste there with Aimson, Johnston and John. Try and keep it as a solid as possible.

Rest of team would be MJ, Thomason Lee, and Ameachi, Dapo and Kachunga.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:24 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:15 pm
We will lose by 2 or 3. We will concede first and at least one goal will be a very sloppy goal that should have been defended much better, Doyle will miss at least 3 sitters and not one of our corners will get past the first man and it will be a shock if we actually score. Our players will get tackled quite heavily & the Accrington players will be quite aggressive and in our players faces, our players won't tackle and will shrink & hide in comparison. Evatt's post match comments will be identical to yesterday's.

Evatt will get some stick from the very loyal travelling fans as they leave the stadium once the 3rd goes in half way through the 2nd half.
Bertie, please don't give the team the pre-game pep talk. Despite your historical based almost factual projections, I still live in hope that MJs presence will make a huge difference and we win.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:55 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:16 pm
Is there any chance of someone else at right back? Gordon’s not even a good enough left back. Maybe Baptiste there with Aimson, Johnston and John. Try and keep it as a solid as possible.
I understand what you’re saying but I no longer think Baptiste equates to increased solidity. He is now creakingly slow and therefore frequently caught badly out of position. Gordon is also frequently caught out of position but at least he’s fast enough to try to recover, and young enough to improve. I have nothing against Baps, he seems a good man, but that only makes it more painful to watch him exposed.

Baps might be alright in the middle of a back three, where he has cover either side of him. But I don’t know whether that’s the system we should use and even if so I’ve half a mind we’d be better with MJ there, stepping forward out of defence when occasion demands. But thanks to Rico’s brainfade we’re still shuffling deckchairs even though MJ’s back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:24 pm

I concur. It’s a shame Senior isn’t back this weekend…I’d be surprised if it isn’t Gordon continuing.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:13 pm

I cant see anything other than a 3 goal gubbing by a more hungrier, aggressive side.

I'd be tempted to set up with nothing other than a clean sheet in mind. 5 across the back, 4 in the middle of the park kicking owt that moves and some willing sap up top on his own. Spend all Wednesday, Thursday and Friday on positioning and set pieces.

Glad I'm missing it. After last time there's no way I was making the effort.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:48 am

In the midst of all the other really fecking bizzare transfer decisions in the last two months letting Adam Senior go on a new loan which meant he was unavailable when we knew Jones and Brockbank were out seems REALLY fecking STUPID!

Edit hahahaha I’m a muppet:
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/decemb ... -the-fold/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:19 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:48 am
TBF to you Dibs, that’s not what was reported last week - but I’m delighted that he’s back and would be minded to put him in on Saturday, given the paucity of alternatives. Obviously IDK if he’s up to it but watching those goals at Fleetwood suggests Gordon ain’t and nor does everything I’ve seen of Baps except a reasonable performance at Wycombe, who play 3-5-2 and thus don’t have a left-winger - but still attacked a lot down that side, as if they knew. (Baps was also totally flatfooted at the far post for the Vokes goal that day.)

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:33 am

Yeah he'd start on Saturday for me given how bad Gordon and Baptiste are as alternatives. Maybe Senior is even worse, but we have very little to lose at this point.

Great opportunity for the lad to prove he is a league player.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:42 am

He’s a right back who can move and it’s blindingly obvious Accringtons attacking game plan for Saturday only has to be “give it to the left winger and overlap” to score at least 32 goals.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:48 am

Fully expecting him to come in and be even worse than Gordon, of course.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:18 am

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:48 am
And the twitterati will all be stating "Why the feck did we bring him back? he's [insert inappropriate youth destroying comment]"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:48 am
In the midst of all the other really fecking bizzare transfer decisions in the last two months letting Adam Senior go on a new loan which meant he was unavailable when we knew Jones and Brockbank were out seems REALLY fecking STUPID!

Evatt is a member here don't you know! :D

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:29 am

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:48 am
Even if he plays like a non league right back it has to be better than a non league left back is my theory.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:13 pm

Judging from York's Twitter (I know), their fans don't seem particularly disappointed to see the back of Senior.

I think we need to brace ourselves for some tonkings over these next few matches.