Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:40 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:38 pm
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:36 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:33 pm
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:30 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:29 pm
After that attempt by Doyler/Declan, you see the fundamental flaw with xG....
No, I see a fundamental flaw with our players.
Fairly sure the correlation between xG and League position last year for L2 was "about as close as Doyle's last attempt"
Do you think it was a good chance?
Through on your own? Yes. I think it was a decent chance
Good good. Well, personally I’m glad there’s a metric for that, flawed as it is.
I'll carry on with the, muttered , "Fcuk me" tally, or FmT as it's known by those in the business...

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:56 pm

Unbelievable miss from Doyle. We can play but we cant score the chances we create and we cant defend. Behind against a side who cant play football but have players who physically dominate. Par for the course.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:02 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:56 pm
Unbelievable miss from Doyle. We can play but we cant score the chances we create and we cant defend. Behind against a side who cant play football but have players who physically dominate. Par for the course.
At the risk of a red card for repetition, " Do unto others...etc,etc...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm
Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:42 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:31 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:24 pm
Oooo we lasted twenty minutes today! fecking Doyler can feck right off as well!
Yes no shock to anyone - we have conceded 1st in 17 games this season, another very soft piss poor avoidable goal but WTF was Dixon doing he's an awful goal keeper, I don't think he's even league 2 standard like several of our side - also as you say Doyle can do one as well ASAP he's shocking. It looks like we don't train & practice anything during the week.
It is strange that Dixon seems to be devoid of any serious criticism. I think it was clear last season that the performances of the keeper were not good enough but this season it doesn't seem that he's going to be under any serious criticism as theres no glaringly obvious mistakes being made (aside from those from Gilks which sort of gives Dixon a bit more cover).
Bertie Wooster wrote:
If this carries on those loyal fans at the game, soaking wet through watching this powder puff shite yet again could turn on Evatt & the players if we do concede a few more.
Don't think this going to be the case. I think the injuries have given Evatt a lot more cover than protection from criticism. Similarly the middling form is making us look likes its inconsistency as opposed to being out and out terrible. I still think the setup at Bolton is the right one, but this is very frustrating at the moment.
There were a number of shots for Evatt to sort it out at Fleetwood Evatt even referenced the dissatisfaction. Our fans are not happy right now. Quite unhappy I’d say.
Not sure your opinion is representative of the fan base as a whole. Nor mine for that matter. Either way though i'm not seeing the discontent that we had under Keith Hill or Lennon.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:05 pm

I'm freely admit I'm making this suggestion of out desperation but should Evatt consider temporarily returning Gilks to the starting eleven?

It feels to me we might benefit more from his defensive organising than be disadvantaged by the potential drop in goalkeeping ability.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:06 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:05 pm
I'm freely admit I'm making this suggestion of out desperation but should Evatt consider temporarily returning Gilks to the starting eleven?

It feels to me we might benefit more from his defensive organising than be disadvantaged by the potential drop in goalkeeping ability.
Not the worst idea, but the total absence of Gilks from even Sherpa games suggests he's nowhere near.
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:56 pm
Yep, this is the two-fold problem. If we scored early, we might have a chance of winning. But we don't, and what's worse we often concede early, which makes our frequent inability to score render the rest of the game pointless - literally.

Eoin's owin' us a goal. He's working commendably hard, but he's shooting terribly and now sometimes passing badly too - he ended one attack with an awful ball in front of his target (Kacha I think). I love the guy but there comes a point with a struggling player where they move beyond not doing their job and stray into actively holding you back.

We still haven't scored away in the league since Charlton. Charlton!

I really, really hope he scores this half and we can all laugh heartily at this post.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:07 pm

nicholaldo wrote:

There hasn't been a match this season where i've been happy with Gilks in net. Prior to the match I was happy when he was starting but he's had a few howlers that makes me feel like we'd be better suited trying out Matty Alexander there instead.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:08 pm

If we got a penalty I’d expect him to miss its that bad.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:09 pm

Accy skipper limping off. I’ll take that

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Hope the ref adds those minutes on, seemed to take an age swapping those players out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:11 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm
Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:42 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:24 pm
Oooo we lasted twenty minutes today! fecking Doyler can feck right off as well!
Yes no shock to anyone - we have conceded 1st in 17 games this season, another very soft piss poor avoidable goal but WTF was Dixon doing he's an awful goal keeper, I don't think he's even league 2 standard like several of our side - also as you say Doyle can do one as well ASAP he's shocking. It looks like we don't train & practice anything during the week.
It is strange that Dixon seems to be devoid of any serious criticism. I think it was clear last season that the performances of the keeper were not good enough but this season it doesn't seem that he's going to be under any serious criticism as theres no glaringly obvious mistakes being made (aside from those from Gilks which sort of gives Dixon a bit more cover).
Bertie Wooster wrote:
If this carries on those loyal fans at the game, soaking wet through watching this powder puff shite yet again could turn on Evatt & the players if we do concede a few more.
Don't think this going to be the case. I think the injuries have given Evatt a lot more cover than protection from criticism. Similarly the middling form is making us look likes its inconsistency as opposed to being out and out terrible. I still think the setup at Bolton is the right one, but this is very frustrating at the moment.
There were a number of shots for Evatt to sort it out at Fleetwood Evatt even referenced the dissatisfaction. Our fans are not happy right now. Quite unhappy I’d say.
Not sure your opinion is representative of the fan base as a whole. Nor mine for that matter. Either way though i'm not seeing the discontent that we had under Keith Hill or Lennon.
Nothing to do with my opinion. Which is that Evatt shouldn’t and won’t be going anywhere but that he’s nowhere near as good as he thinks. Or as many make out.

But the fans especially away fans are not happy right now. It’s just a fact. Thats not saying they want Evatt out. But needs turning round soon.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:13 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:07 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

There hasn't been a match this season where i've been happy with Gilks in net. Prior to the match I was happy when he was starting but he's had a few howlers that makes me feel like we'd be better suited trying out Matty Alexander there instead.

I think it could be argued there were mitigating circumstances for his poor performances early in the season. Didn't he have an operation and also catch Covid in the summer?

But my suggestion was based on him hopefully helping our defenders defend rather than his ability as a goalkeeper. Matty Alexander wouldn't offer that, and the last I heard had dropped out of the starting line-up while out on loan in non-league.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:14 pm

feck me Dixon, you lucky, lucky boy.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Lucky that Dixon got away with that. Didn’t see the striker do much.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:18 pm

How's Senior doing?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:18 pm
How's Senior doing?
Doesn't look out of place

Actually that might be seen as an insult

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:18 pm
How's Senior doing?
Not the worst player on the pitch.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:23 pm

Dixon is rubbish, not good enough he's not much better than Crellin IMO.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:23 pm

It’s alright lads, hour gone, now we take control

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:23 pm

These set pieces need fixing pronto.