Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Rarely seen a side as happy as Accy to slow the game down. Not quite sure why they imagine we could get any momentum anyway.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! - Accrington Away - Saturday 11th Dec 2021 @ 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:53 pm

We won’t score away from home again!

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:55 pm

This is absolutely rubbish - where is the passion, drive, fight & desire to get a goal ? the spirit in this side is shocking and that comes from the Manager IMO. Almost every team we play wants it more than our players. Evatt thinks far too much of himself & his players, personally I'm not sure how much longer he should be given, he's becoming a poor deluded copy of Owen Coyle - this is absolutely clueless, aimless, diabolical football. Our players are mentally & physically weak as piss.

Then again we should be grateful that according to some we 1. Have a club to support & 2. According to Evatt we should be grateful because we were 20th in League 2 last season.

As many have said previously its very worrying that there is absolutely no fight in this current Bolton team / squad under Evatt. If this carries on we could get relegated its that bad with absolutely no sign of Billy bull shitter Evatt having any idea how to change things - I wonder who he will blame for this ? it sure wont be himself with his awful tactics & his walking football.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Sack em all.

Useless c*nts.

Not one shot on target this half. That is disgusting.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:57 pm

FT 1-0. Hmm.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Ah, I'm sick of this shite

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:58 pm

The thinnest of thin ice Evatt.

That was absolute dross.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:55 pm
This is absolutely rubbish - where is the passion, drive, fight & desire to get a goal ? the spirit in this side is shocking and that comes from the Manager IMO. Almost every team we play wants it more than our players. Evatt thinks far too much of himself & his players, personally I'm not sure how much longer he should be given, he's becoming a poor deluded copy of Owen Coyle - this is absolutely clueless, aimless, diabolical football. Our players are mentally & physically weak as piss.

Then again we should be grateful that according to some we 1. Have a club to support & 2. According to Evatt we should be grateful because we were 20th in League 2 last season.

As many have said previously its very worrying that there is absolutely no fight in this current Bolton team / squad under Evatt. If this carries on we could get relegated its that bad with absolutely no sign of Billy bull shitter Evatt having any idea how to change things - I wonder who he will blame for this ? it sure wont be himself with his awful tactics & his walking football.
Feels like we're expecting to concede first and then content with the defeat. Not good enough. Players not showing any spirit. Little bit of composure from Doyle and we may end up with a different match. Instead our heads drop and we have a repeat.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:59 pm

It’s gonna get very ugly on Boxing Day.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Evatt has to reflect on two summers he’s got wrong and his comments this season thus far have been nothing short of nonsense. No manager who knows what they are doing would have claimed this is the best team in the league.

I think January is a massive reset. Evatt has to change in many ways. He has to. We need to start realising this league has certain demands and we can’t just pass through every team. You can’t just keep recruiting the same sort of player.

And we need gritty experienced men who are 6ft plus and robust. And to maximise set pieces. Evatt has to change his ways.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:00 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:46 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:43 pm
Lost the picture and sound.
Try refreshing. Everything is up and running.
Yes, got it back, Thanks DJB...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:11 pm

I know that I'll get stick for this (and perhaps rightly so ?) but I'm not sure that Evatt can improve this poor team any further, he's another in a long line of deluded, egotistical shite managers. I know that we have had injuries but we have a decent enough team to compete with the likes of Fleetwood & Accrington (towns only slightly bigger than Farnworth, Horwich, Westhoughton etc.)

He talks a good game (Evatt) - Barrowcelona, high pressing, intensity, fitter than the opposition etc - but where is this ? his players are lethargic, slow, soft & just not motivated. He'll come out I've no doubt with more Evatt bullshit but to be honest I'm not sure that the January window will improve us as I honesty don't think that Evatt has a clue what's required to get consistent results in League 1.

Almost every team in this league wants it more than our players, opposition players are bigger, more physical, work harder and have far more spirit & desire than our players do.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Finally realizing why we are so bad on set plays. We are too lightweight and weak to contest. The 2nd half showed me that today. We lost just about every header we contested, and also every 50/50 balls. Our attempts to win the ball is feeble. Hope Evatt brings in more players with guts who can look the opposition in the eyes and can tackle. Are there any such players who can do so and yet play the way he wants? We desperately need some.

Liked the look of Senior. Not that he was great but held his own and was probably our best defender. The rest of the team looked tired n the 2nd half. After 15 mins, they were running on empty.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:18 pm

I think Senior was the only positive to come from today. Seemed assured (compared to the team around him) and linked up play down the right.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:20 pm

I get the impression its like mental fatigue with our players. Do we have a psychologist on hand to gee up the players. Certainly need something to turn the tide.

I'm also under the impression that Evatt can sort this out but it'll take a transfer window to update the squad but in reality we should've done better by now.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:24 pm

One thing I am sure of - if we change nothing (personnel, tactics or manager) we will get relegated.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:27 pm

We can't defend, we can't score, we don't press, we don't tackle, compete or fight, we don't ever look fitter than our opponents. We still fcuk about tippy tapping it about at the back even though we are losing & our set pieces really are abysmal. There is no urgency, intensity or fight and our tactics & game management are amateur. There is not one leader in this squad and that includes the Manager.

Evatt and his coaching staff are completely out of their dept in league 1.

Apart from this everything is fine !

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 pm

So Evatt is now turning on the supporters post match churning out similar quotes to other shit over rated managers we've had in the past. A month or so ago we were 'the best team in the league' a stupid comment by Evatt himself not the fans, now we are all told to remember that we were 20th in League 2 this time 12 months ago (this was also whilst under the management of Evatt).

"People have got very short memories is what I’ll say because this time last year, we were beat 6-3 to Port Vale, we were 20th in League Two, and we’re probably fortunate, and I said this last season, that they weren’t in there at that time, because if we’re going to get abused like that and criticised like that which is sometimes just, sometimes not so, then it would have made things difficult for us".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:15 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 pm
So Evatt is now turning on the supporters post match churning out similar quotes to other shit over rated managers we've had in the past. A month or so ago we were 'the best team in the league' a stupid comment by Evatt himself not the fans, now we are all told to remember that we were 20th in League 2 this time 12 months ago (this was also whilst under the management of Evatt).

"People have got very short memories is what I’ll say because this time last year, we were beat 6-3 to Port Vale, we were 20th in League Two, and we’re probably fortunate, and I said this last season, that they weren’t in there at that time, because if we’re going to get abused like that and criticised like that which is sometimes just, sometimes not so, then it would have made things difficult for us".
Apparently though our fans are happy….

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:15 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 pm

Apparently though our fans are happy….
I'd say that the majority are living in the moment and reacting to the current situation unlike yourself who wrote him off last season.
I will say they are lucky these results are coming away from home as it's going to get nasty at one point. Our fans can be both great and arseholes in the same breath, myself included.

It's the nature of the beast. A worry is that these players aren't mentally strong enough to cope with the fan's criticism.