Who do you believe?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gudnisson Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Who do you believe?

Post by Gudnisson Trotter » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:42 am

I’ve just watched the Sharon interview and it is extremely good viewing. I’m so glad she is in charge of our club and hopefully will be for a few years to come.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:10 am

Gudnisson Trotter wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:42 am
I’ve just watched the Sharon interview and it is extremely good viewing. I’m so glad she is in charge of our club and hopefully will be for a few years to come.
I'm pleased that there have been over 5,000 viewings since the Sharon interview was published on here and on Nuts.

Most commentaries though have concentrated on what a lovely person Shazza is rather than what she had to say of real substance. The denigration and vilification of Eddie Davies by the Bolton News, the Supporters Trust, the Guardian newspaper, Sam Allardyce and unrealistically disgruntled shareholders of Burnden Leisure had continued unimpeded and unhindered until Eddie's final act of repaying the BluMarble mortgage immediately prior to his death in September 2018.

And it remains the case that, despite Sharon's objectivity and kind words, most Bolton supporters on social media want to ignore, misrepresent or draw a veil over what really happened and why during the ownership of one of the most influential individuals in the history of Bolton Wanderers.

Eddie might well have said:

'There are only 3 types of people ....those who can make things happen, those that watch things happen and those who don’t know what has happened'

But he might have added a fourth type:

those who don't want to know what has happened.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 am

Professor Lee seems to have gone all coy on Twitter. Nowt from him since Hogmanay. Is it possible that someone's tipped him off that he's been rumbled?

I couldn't help noticing that his fellow tweeters all seemed wedded to left-wing politics. The name Henig is quite well known in these parts. David Henig is the son of Labour peer, Baronness Henig. His brother, Simon, is Labour leader of Durham County Council and his father, Stanley Henig, is best remembered for being Labour leader of Lancaster City Council at the time of the Blobbygate affair.

If you'd like to see a lovely picture of Mr Blobby and Cherie Blair you'll find one here:

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... m-19669180

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:18 am

Important message from Professor Lee at the University of Karlsruhe:

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!

Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mitten grabben.

Ist easy schnappen der springen werk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.

Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen.

Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:15 am

“He said he didn’t like the deal, but he’d have to go along with it”
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:38 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:15 am
“He said he didn’t like the deal, but he’d have to go along with it”
Who said that? Stanley Henig? Are we back on Blobbygate?

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... m-19669180

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:09 pm

The German Finance Minister
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:09 pm
The German Finance Minister
Why was he sticking his schnozzle in Blobbygate? What had it got to do with him?

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:55 am

Not everyone's a Shazzaphile, mind you.
Henshaw G tweeted recently

on Tony Kelly:
Employed until a matter of weeks ago. This is why @JacLifts
asked the Q, why have @OfficialBWFC
not made a statement? There on again its not my position to answer. Sorry if anyone feels this is vague

on Sharon's notes:
Are Kens notes any different to what Brittan says

and on the squad:
Will this mean another midfielder out? Fringe players like Tommason? Is he better?... worrying, players like Sarc Doyler leaving?.... is the squad getting stronger or weaker?

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:40 am

The nation's in shock this morning with news that Red Nev's decided to join the Labour Party. I thought he already had.

Can anyone tell me what the square root of sod all is?

Answer: Its what the Sustainability in Sport Foundation does.

Check out who the trustees are here.

https://register-of-charities.charityco ... ls/5030872

Try also checking up on how sustainable FGR and Salford City are.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:24 am

According to 'football finance expert', Kieran Maguire, the problems of BWFC, Bury and every other club in the EFL that struggled with finance were all the fault of the dastardly Shaun Harvey. So things were bound to improve when he left, weren't they?

Actually no, if you believe Deloitte's Annual Review of Football Finance. In 2019/20, the year following Harvey's departure, 'considering consistent clubs only, operating losses worsened by 16% to an average of £22m per club' in the Championship. Some of that might be COVID related but I doubt that would account for all or most of it.

'Consistent clubs' means clubs that were in the Championship in both 2018/19 and 2019/20. Profit and Loss accounts weren't published for BWFC in 2017/18 or 2018/19 but it is possible to conclude from the Administrators Statements that operating losses must have been amongst the lowest in the Championship in both seasons.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:23 am

He's back. Professor Lee' s realised that Boris is in deep trouble and wants to join in the Partygate fun. You must have to be really smart to be a professor.

Still waiting for those questions, Bruce. I'd like to know why Gordon Shorrock and Phil Gartside were daggers drawn and when did it first start to affect the reporting of BWFC matters in the BN?

Gordon Hargreaves funded the Reebok!!!!!!! I know you'd have to be clueless to believe it, but is that what somebody told Marc Iles?
Last edited by Gudnib on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:43 am

Nobody any ideas why Shorrock G and Gartside P were 'daggers drawn', then?
How about why Sam Allardyce called Eddie Davies 'ruthless'?
How about why Professor Lee thought that Marc Iles was a 'go-to football finance analyst'?
Anyone got any idea where Iles was getting his 'analyses' from?
How about why David Conn claimed that Eddie Davies was profiting from paying off BWFC's debts?
How about Marc Iles claiming that Gordon Hargreaves funded the Reebok Stadium?
How about why Baronness Morris of Bolton and Baroness Taylor also of Bolton thought that Iles was 'esteemed'.
How about why the chairman of BWFCST thought that Dean Holdsworth had personally spent the best part of a million quid on fees or where the money came from?
Come on guys, there must be a few more Inspector Lestrades out there.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 am

Can I politely suggest that there isn’t any interest in your personal Twitter beefs and perhaps that’s why you haven’t had any responses?

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 am
Can I politely suggest that there isn’t any interest in your personal Twitter beefs and perhaps that’s why you haven’t had any responses?
May I suggest that you have been one of the more persistent blatherers on this site and its no surprise that raising these issues would offend you and any other ill-informed groupthink subscribers.

Its a common fallacy that ostriches bury their heads in the sand. They don't.
They wouldn't be able to breathe.

Only humans can blather, bullshit, bury their heads in the sand and breathe at the same time.
Last edited by Gudnib on Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 am

In his most recent tweet Professor Lee, bless his cotton socks, informs his happy band of followers that it only cost a fiver to watch Bolton Wanderers play Grimsby Town in 2001 and it was freezing.

"Andrew Lee @leeconomicsKA Jan 14
Oh wow, remember this @rodge8
? Wasn’t it £5 to get in or something? Anyway, it was freezing! #bwfc"

Oh wow! That's the kind of financial insight we want to hear, isn't it lads?

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:04 am

No
One
Is
Listening

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:19 am

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:04 am
No
One
Is
Listening
No
Shortage
Of
Dumpkopfens

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:30 am

Nice to see Atletico Madrid doing the business yesterday but if hogwash is to your taste, you couldn't go far wrong with GQ magazine. Here's a veritable smorgasbord of gobbin fodder about 'one of the greatest footballers of our time'. Did he come on as sub last night?

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/fashion/a ... rry-outfit

And for those of a more curious disposition here' s another article published by GQ before Saint Marcus had 'found' Fareshare or remembered the deprivation of his childhood and the family trips to the food banks.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/m ... -interview

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:02 am

In the ten years, 1939 (year I was born) - 1949 (war ended in 1945 as you know), we lived on ration books and egg powder and very few had enough of anything. Very few kids indeed suffered from obesity in our world and darns in socks and patches on britches asses weren't exactly uncommon. Distressed fashions, don't make me laugh.

Food banks, Marcus? we'd have welcomed a few. Hard time didn't begin in the millenium and weren't confined to Charles Dickens novels. . Just thought I'd mention it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?