Who do you believe?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Who do you believe?

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:12 am

Yeah - it sounds f*cking awful. I'm fine with rich successful sportspeople trying to make sure other kids can have slightly better childhoods.

Christ a-f*cking-live.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:12 am
Yeah - it sounds f*cking awful. I'm fine with rich successful sportspeople trying to make sure other kids can have slightly better childhoods.

Christ a-f*cking-live.
The sentiment's fine, commendable in fact; just can't stand the hype. Opinion allowed I believe??
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:12 am

Christ a-f*cking-live.
The sentiment's fine, commendable in fact; just can't stand the hype. Opinion allowed I believe??
Sorry TD but opinions are only allowed if you agree with the hype, the hogwash and the purest bullshit that certain individuals insist on you devouring without question. There are a lot of them, I'm afraid, and they are as hostile to the facts as any Putinophile.
Last edited by Gudnib on Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:48 pm

Of course you're allowed opinions. That's why if you scroll back up you'll see your opinions posted publicly, next to your name.

The snowflake generation strikes again.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:59 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:48 pm
Of course you're allowed opinions. That's why if you scroll back up you'll see your opinions posted publicly, next to your name.

The snowflake generation strikes again.
I think you'll find that most of what I've posted is fact. I've always preferred it to opinion.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:16 am

P&O Ferries is owned by DP World Ltd which according to the Guardian is ultimately owned by Dubai’s ruling royal family. I think it can be assumed that it is unconnected with Dubai Citi Group Ltd or Bolton royalty. :roll: :roll: :roll:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:27 pm

FFS. Give it a rest will you. OK, so an ex-player that none of us has any interest in anymore has set up a company and called it the same as some city somewhere else in the world. Get over it will you and stop posting your random cryptic comments about things completely unrelated to the main subject matter............

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:50 am

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:27 pm
FFS. Give it a rest will you. OK, so an ex-player that none of us has any interest in anymore has set up a company and called it the same as some city somewhere else in the world. Get over it will you and stop posting your random cryptic comments about things completely unrelated to the main subject matter............
Pleased that the sense of humour bypass was such a success, Dave. Was it done privately or on the NHS?