Statement of Capital

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Statement of Capital

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:49 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:34 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:18 am
Gudnib wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:11 am
Things aren't always as they seem but, according to the Mail, Sunderland supporters are furious. Not about losing 6-0 to the Whites but about who owns the club.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... share.html

I expect Shazza's still in control at Bolton but why are FV still stalling on the detail?
Stalling on what detail? They aren’t stalling. They just aren’t going to detail it ever. Like it or not.
How old are you? Do you have any comprehension of company law or why it exists?

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/11761052
Fancy not knowing about company law BWFCi I bet you feel such an idiot. You would be far better taking a combined open university degree in company law and how to be a condescending smart arse then perhaps you would be able to converse with this tosser on his level.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:34 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:49 pm
Gudnib wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:34 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:18 am
Gudnib wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:11 am
Things aren't always as they seem but, according to the Mail, Sunderland supporters are furious. Not about losing 6-0 to the Whites but about who owns the club.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... share.html

I expect Shazza's still in control at Bolton but why are FV still stalling on the detail?
Stalling on what detail? They aren’t stalling. They just aren’t going to detail it ever. Like it or not.
How old are you? Do you have any comprehension of company law or why it exists?

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/11761052
Fancy not knowing about company law BWFCi I bet you feel such an idiot. You would be far better taking a combined open university degree in company law and how to be a condescending smart arse then perhaps you would be able to converse with this tosser on his level.
Maybe I'm wrong and pardon me for saying so but it does strike me as juvenile to make assertions about stuff that you know sod all about.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:26 am

Whereas it's the height of sophistication to keep hinting at subterfuge, without ever actually saying anything.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:30 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:26 am
Whereas it's the height of sophistication to keep hinting at subterfuge, without ever actually saying anything.
I'm actually saying that the directors are in breach of their duties under company law and the law is there for a reason.
I don't know why they are not complying; its not difficult and shouldn't take much longer than it takes to fill in one of Neil Hart's membership forms. Don't they have accountants to do it for them anyway, so what's the problem?

I've never been much of a fan of self-serving propaganda. It just makes me want to check it out.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:46 pm

Just for you gudnib - Marc Iles, fingers on the pulse:
https://twitter.com/marciles/status/149 ... 31970?s=21

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:11 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:46 pm
Just for you gudnib - Marc Iles, fingers on the pulse:
https://twitter.com/marciles/status/149 ... 31970?s=21
Could it be the power of The Wanderer or Bolton Nuts that's caused FV to pull their finger out?

In my experience conspiracies are almost always accompanied by cock-ups. There have plainly been errors in documents filed previously but in this case it just looks more like a contrivance than a conspiracy.

I'll be taking a closer look at the detail having regard, in particular, to what would be the possible outcomes on any change of ownership or sale of the shares. The first thing to note though is that there are only four shareholders when Sharon indicated their were five investors. So who is the other one, what exactly have they 'invested' and what are they expecting to get out of it all?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:41 am

Didn’t someone sell up? Nick Mason?

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:09 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:41 am
Didn’t someone sell up? Nick Mason?
Sharon shares business interests with Nick Mason and he does seem to have been involved in some undisclosed way. He's never been a director of FVWL, never had FVWL shares in his name and has no known interest in footie.

Two people dropped out at an early stage, Parminder Basran first and then Jeff Thomas. Thomas had 500,000 shares but I don't know that they were ever paid for. Possibly part of the 750,000 shares that were cancelled.

You can keep your Wordle, this is much more interesting. :D :D :D

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:59 am

Two more documents landed at Companies House yesterday relating to a 'Person with Significant Control'. In other words Sharon.
Sharon now owns 58%, Michael James 21.4%, Nick Luckock 11% and UK FF Nominees 9.5% (not 8% as previously reported).

Despite the size of the investment, it looks even more like the UKFF shareholding may have been minimised to stay below the EFL 10% rule just in case UKFF (aka the taxpayer ) ended up owning shares in another footie club.

We might know a bit more about 'sustainability' when the 2021 accounts are filed. The FV deadline is 31 March 2022 and a small number of clubs have already filed theirs. FV were one of a few club owners that were late last year despite a three month extension of the filing deadline.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 am

I've taken another look at the documents filed on Friday. Confusingly and not for the first time, at first sight they seem to be in the wrong chronological order. However they also seem to be showing that Sharon Brittan was a 'person with significant control' (PSC) on 29 October 2021 but wasn't on 18 February 2022.

Has there been some mistake? I think there may have been. The statement on the Companies House website relevant to the first of two documents filed on 18 February 2022 isn't in agreement with the document itself but, if someone ceased to be a PSC on 29 October 2021, who was it? So far as I can see Sharon has been the only PSC since August 2019.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:09 am

Has anyone tried to figure out who has invested the most money in Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd, Sharon Brittan or Rishi Sunak?

Yes I know its not Rishi's money but 9.5 % of the shares? :conf: :conf: :conf:

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:35 pm

Cheltenham Town filed their 2021 accounts this morning. That makes eight clubs in League 1 so far. To date only Morecambe have played the COVID card to get a three month filing extension.

Don't ask me why but it was interesting and unusual to note that Cheltenham say that they've prepared financial budgets which show that they have enough funds to see them through this season and next.

P.S. https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ne-6726001

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:13 pm

Only 16 to go, Gudnib. Take your time, old chap.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:24 am

Dujon wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:13 pm
Only 16 to go, Gudnib. Take your time, old chap.
Deep joy, Dujon.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJZF5iRhNg[/youtube]

I had a quick look at poor old Sarfend's file yesterday. They haven't managed to finish their 2020 accounts yet but did file their 2021 list of shareholders. It might not be bang up-to-date, mind you. Trevor Bailey is still listed as a shareholder!

There'll be a few old stagers that will remember Barnacle Bailey with affection down under.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11573997

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:52 am

Next opponents, Gillingham, filed their 2021 accounts last week. Here's another club that seems to have survived the COVID challenge quite well. £1.3m in government grants helped them into profit and another £700K in loans from the EFL is bound to have helped liquidity.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:16 pm

Good news for fans of Saint Marcus of Wythenshawe. The MUCS Enterprises Ltd's 2021 accounts have landed at Companies House and Saint Marcus' image rights seem to have pulled in another £2.7m after tax.

The accounts were first spotted by Kieran Maguire who I must assume has been following the company for some reason. The football finance guru noticed the huge retained profits, £multi-million cash reserves and interest-free loan but didn't seem to notice that the corporation tax bill was less than £284k. That looks like a tax rate of less than 10% on the profits? :conf: :conf: :conf:

Unfortunately the Wythenshawe Foodbank hasn't filed its 2021 accounts at the Charities Commission yet. Maybe they are trying to find some money to pay the accountants but I'd be interested to know whether it has been able to gain any increase on its £25k p.a. income.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:26 am

Still no sign of Wythenshawe Food Bank's 2021 accounts. They're overdue by 37 days now; they'll be getting complaints from the Charities Commission.

Meanwhile Accrington Stanley have had a shot across the bows for their failure to comply with company law obligations. It's been sorted now and was summat and nowt but Companies House had commenced strike-off action earlier this week.

Cambridge United, like Cheltenham, have filed their 2021 accounts. Its a small company and they don't tell us much except that the loss for the year was c.£450K making aggregate losses to date £6.3million.

Down Burnden Way, Nick Luckock has formed a new company with a registered office at the Unibol.

What's that all about? Dunno except that it might be connected to some new shares issued at a pound a share; a fraction of the price paid by you and I as taxpayers. Mind you they are only worth a quid or more if somebody wants to pay that much.

We may have to wait until the end of the month or longer to see BWFC's 2021 accounts. I'd like to see for myself whether everything really is now rosier than than the rosiest rose in the rose garden.

Chelski's the big footie news of the week. From what I can see, Abramovich has spent about £1.4billion on Chelski and was asking for £3billion. Not heard much from Deano recently; I wonder if the Sports Shield consortium might be interested.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:24 am

Speaking of Doctor Holdsworth :lol: he's formed a new company too. Its called the Dubai Citi Group Ltd and has a share capital of, wait for it, £1. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:04 pm

What's so hilariously funny about forming a company with £1 share capital??

Doesn't mean a thing and it is ludicrously common......

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:55 pm

I'm unsure why the sneery attitude towards Rashford as well. Some odd folk about.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"