Miller Light or Stella Artois. Rotherham v Bolton 1.1.22 15:00 Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Miller Light or Stella Artois. Rotherham v Bolton 1.1.22 15:00 Away

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:43 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:42 pm
Aimson seemingly yanked to the ground in the goal there. Whether that affects the play its debateable but its definitely a foul off the ball.

Yes! Eoin Doyle!
The elbow to the face was worse in the build up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:43 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:39 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:34 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:10 pm
For months at the start of the season Evatt told us we had the ideal squad all the targets we wanted and were the best team in the league. Let’s not rewrite history. There is as much misjudgement as misfortune.
I didn't say we were up to snuff. I do think we'd have more points without that horrendous raft of injuries and a better shot at a decent January without a serious covid outbreak on top of it.
I mean sure but these are things that you go through and it’s reflective of the poor recruitment decisions in the summer. Sure we have had bad luck. It’s a contributing factor. But we can all see what went wrong last summer. Retaining faith in players who aren’t good enough and signing too many who don’t address our key weaknesses.
Do you keep 4-8 Goodyear tyres in your house? Just incase your faith in the ones on your car is wrong?
If you’ve fitted it with the wrong size tyres and convinced yourself they will turn your fiat into a lambo then it’s wise to at least be self aware enough to understand the wheels might well fall off.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:44 pm

But what if the tyre window is closed?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:44 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:40 pm
I’m coming round to the idea that Doyle’s gone at the game and League of Ireland is now more his level.

Edit: I TAKE THIS ALL BACK!
Haha. Was hoping you'd have to eat your words after Doyle's first miss. Keep going, hopefully it'll get us more goals :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:44 pm
But what if the tyre window is closed?
Slow down and stop pretending you have a lambo? And don’t chuck the spare away.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:43 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
For months at the start of the season Evatt told us we had the ideal squad all the targets we wanted and were the best team in the league. Let’s not rewrite history. There is as much misjudgement as misfortune.
I didn't say we were up to snuff. I do think we'd have more points without that horrendous raft of injuries and a better shot at a decent January without a serious covid outbreak on top of it.
I mean sure but these are things that you go through and it’s reflective of the poor recruitment decisions in the summer. Sure we have had bad luck. It’s a contributing factor. But we can all see what went wrong last summer. Retaining faith in players who aren’t good enough and signing too many who don’t address our key weaknesses.
Do you keep 4-8 Goodyear tyres in your house? Just incase your faith in the ones on your car is wrong?
If you’ve fitted it with the wrong size tyres and convinced yourself they will turn your fiat into a lambo then it’s wise to at least be self aware enough to understand the wheels might well fall off.
The question was do you keep spares not are the tyres wrong. Do you? No you don't you wait until you can go to the shop and replace them. That is the issue. The tyres have burst and we had to wait till the shop opened. Guess what. We bought a 205/55/R16 this morning.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Gotta say there's been at least 3 or 4 instances of good defensive work for Delf so far.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
We could have done better in the summer. Not sure we "should", but we could. That's always the case. We did get key targets. Most haven't had the impact we'd have liked (also some excuses there with injuries, preseason etc), but I'd not take last season's squad over this. You think the summer was a disaster, I don't. That's fine. Without the injuries/covid we'd be plodding along with the chance to kick on after this window. To say "you go through" this when it's literally the second worst availability crisis I've ever seen as a fan (after playing the kids due to our collapse) is an odd take on the situation. You can't plan for this.

Anyway, back t the game. Get in, you wantaway Irish beauty.
Last edited by GhostoftheBok on Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The question was do you keep spares not are the tyres wrong. Do you? No you don't you wait until you can go to the shop and replace them. That is the issue. The tyres have burst and we had to wait till the shop opened. Guess what. We bought a 205/55/R16 this morning.
I’d buy the right tyres. We didn’t.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I’d buy the right tyres. We didn’t.
Nails on motorways buddy, I'd say we've had 8 of them so far and 4 are running with slow punctures. No matter how you word it you are wrong. Full pressure and our best set then maybe we can discuss it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:53 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
We could have done better in the summer. Not sure we "should", but we could. That's always the case. We did get key targets. Most haven't had the impact we'd have liked (also some excuses there with injuries, preseason etc), but I'd not take last season's squad over this. You think the summer was a disaster, I don't. That's fine. Without the injuries/covid we'd be plodding along with the chance to kick on after this window. To say "you go through" this when it's literally the worst second availability crisis I've ever seen as a fan (after playing the kids due to our collapse) is an odd take on the situation. You can't plan for this.

Anyway, back t the game. Get in, you wantaway Irish beauty.
Spot on. No guarantees with any signings. Was always going to take a few windows to upgrade enough to be competing at the top. Instead we've struggled with injuries, had the Sarcevic mare, and are still mid-table. It's certainly not been glorious success but it's been fine. We'd all have bitten your hand off last summer for it.

But apparently despite all that, because the manager is a bit of a gobshite we have to take him at his best team in the league nonsense for...some reason.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:58 pm

Come back at half time and find I've missed a whole page on tyres, none of which explains why defenders can't defend the basics...

But putting that aside I have that first 45 down as "plucky." Don't think there can be too many grumbles about one a piece...sure it's been a bit disjointed, but they've tried...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:02 pm

Best thing about Doyle's goal, one touch then bang!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:58 pm
Come back at half time and find I've missed a whole page on tyres, none of which explains why defenders can't defend the basics...

But putting that aside I have that first 45 down as "plucky." Don't think there can be too many grumbles about one a piece...sure it's been a bit disjointed, but they've tried...
Yep, Dixon too. Chipped up and he's headed it in from 3 yards. Their keeper didn't cover himself in glory either. Kachunga and Santos been good. Rest as you say been plucky.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:11 pm

Another poor delivery from a free kick, Seniors turn.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:08 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Yep, Dixon too. Chipped up and he's headed it in from 3 yards. Their keeper didn't cover himself in glory either. Kachunga and Santos been good. Rest as you say been plucky.
Theres been a few that have been good so far, Santos, Senior, Delf, Johnston, Doyle. Kachunga the standout performer. Doyle effective when it was least expected. Hard to be critical of any of them really.

At this point i'd like to see us play corners or free kicks as a regular kick. Seems whenever we get a set piece we're just handing possession over.
Last edited by Mar on Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:15 pm

Another fecking free kick straight to the hands of their keeper, Dapo this time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:15 pm

There is no pressure at all here. We’ve put in as good a display as can be expected in the circumstances. So the result is a bit immaterial. However can we use the fact we can play without too much pressure to carve something out this half?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:15 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:14 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Theres been a few that have been good so far, Santos, Senior, Delf, Johnston, Doyle. Kachunga the standout performer. Doyle effective when it was least expected. Hard to be critical of any of them really.
Give it time.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:15 pm
Mar wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:14 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Give it time.
Haha, have a little faith. New year, new start!