Couldn’t give a monkeys - Hartlepool away 4th Jan at 7pm on the dot

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Couldn’t give a monkeys - Hartlepool away 4th Jan at 7pm on the dot

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:02 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:00 pm
Well that wasn't in the script!
At the moment losing is always in the script for this side.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Couldn't care less about this daft tournament but that is a worrying result and performance.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:04 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:53 pm
Just saw the replay of his error. Holy god.
I think even Saint Sharon might find her faith tested on that one!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:04 pm

Well that's the season wrapped up. Look forward to some more sideways passing and defensive errors with a frustrated new striker feeding on scraps until May.
Happy New Year everyone 🎉!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:04 pm

Disgusting second half performance topped off by a terrible mistake. I'm sure Evatt will come out saying we were the better side and i'd be hard pressed to disagree with him. It's a pathetic set of circumstances and i'm sure we'll be looking at Covid as the reason as to why we lost tonight saying that we're flagging. Well if that is the case we need to deviate from the game plan thats putting unnecessary pressure at the back and put it into areas where we can be threatening without all the build up.

Been embarrassed too many times this season that its become a running joke.

Hartlepool, Stockport (twice), Sarcevic, Charles' tweets.

Losing too many away games that we've even got a chant against us. Even every set piece for months now!

I've bought into what Evatt's trying to do and want him to come good but allowing that to persist is getting ridiculous.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:06 pm

It is an embarrassing season. Can't argue with that.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Defeat to nil
Pass pass pass slow it down…backwards
Pass pass pass backwards…break…set piece….out of play
Pass pass pass pass pass
Defeat to nil
And repeat
If I was Ian Evatt I’d start practicing set pieces cos he can’t coach a team to score from open play either.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:08 pm

Hartlepool made 8 changes - they fielded a reserve side.

Maybe Sharon needs to pray harder

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:57 pm
Fcuking atrocious. Absolutely clueless at the minute.
I'm not at all bothered & am actually glad that we are out of this tin pot competition, however to lose against Hartlepool's 2nd team without a fight 2nd half is very poor.

Brand Evatt is becoming shite, slow, tedious, boring and very predictable football. Same usual Evatt performance & tactics slow, low tempo, boring as fcuk sideways & backwards passing, leaderless on the pitch with the usual disgraceful set pieces.

Thomason & Dixon are not even league 2 standard, saying that quite a few others who played tonight are not good enough for league 2.

This team looks like they are coached by non league coaches....then again they are !

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:09 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:50 pm
BorsdaneWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:47 pm
Jesus. In fairness to the poor lad, that was merely the latest of many simple six-yard passes that didn’t find its mark. 95% of the previous being all George’s.
Six yard passes are all well and good when we've got time to turn the match around. Giving the opposition a free goal so we go one down with 5 minutes to go isn't. Maybe the cue should be don't pass across the back nearing the end of the match.

Second half has been terrible and looking like its gonna be won by an absolute fk up. Why are we passing it around at the back when we're 1-0 down with barely any time left.
I quite agree. Several other of passes to the centre-backs only *just* made it, too.

All of this playing of the first 11 for easy-win morale-massage is working a fecking treat innit.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:10 pm

Evatt seemingly doesn't like coaching set pieces and doesn't think 'keepers matter.

It'll cost him his job.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:14 pm

It certainly will. Unless you are ripping teams open and scoring every week we will more than likely lose as it’s guaranteed we will concede. Covid spared him defeat against Wycombe and Burton and who knows what against morecambe (I get the feeling they would score a couple but look very open). So it’s sort of been a blessing for him. He’s got his two signings, but needs a Centre mid and some proper steel ASAP.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:03 pm
Couldn't care less about this daft tournament but that is a worrying result and performance.
I've no time for it and won't ever watch in its current format but what concerns me is that we took it seriously, evatt clearly wanted to win it and we got nowhere near. This team is an embarrassment, illness and injury are not enough to excuse some of the stuff that's gone on this season.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:17 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:08 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:57 pm
Fcuking atrocious. Absolutely clueless at the minute.
I'm not at all bothered & am actually glad that we are out of this tin pot competition, however to lose against Hartlepool's 2nd team without a fight 2nd half is very poor.

Brand Evatt is becoming shite, slow, tedious, boring and very predictable football. Same usual Evatt performance & tactics slow, low tempo, boring as fcuk sideways & backwards passing, leaderless on the pitch with the usual disgraceful set pieces.

Thomason & Dixon are not even league 2 standard, saying that quite a few others who played tonight are not good enough for league 2.

This team looks like they are coached by non league coaches....then again they are !
I'm with you in terms of the Competition's importance, Bertie, but Evatt clearly put as strong a team out as he could.

Having 64% (or whatever it ended up as) unimportant possession wins nowt.

They did more with their 30. Worked our keeper more than we worked theirs. No merit in Dapo beating three and hitting the corner flag.

Team needs to wake up. And quick.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:19 pm

What’s the target for Evatt now? He clearly wanted to win this, and we’ve fecked it up. I’ll confirm I would be happy to finish anywhere higher than 20th now but that doesn’t mean it should be a target.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:17 pm
I'm with you in terms of the Competition's importance, Bertie, but Evatt clearly put as strong a team out as he could.

Having 64% (or whatever it ended up as) unimportant possession wins nowt.

They did more with their 30. Worked our keeper more than we worked theirs. No merit in Dapo beating three and hitting the corner flag.
Evatt's putting out teams with the intention of winning and seeing the same problem happen time and time again.

Can't account for mistakes like Dixon's made and won't hold that against Evatt, but the fact that we're not creating enough goalscoring opportunities off set pieces and in general play is ridiculous.

The live website's stats have us as 18 shots with 9 blocked and 4 on target. It's clear to see we're letting the opposition settle and then struggling to break them down. We are lacking impetus. We had 10 crosses today and I don't recall a single one being threatening, i'll make a point of noting that it wasn't hit against the first man but it was consistently wasted. 10 crosses should be seeing a well trained outfit score a goal.

Fossey possibly the only positive to take away from that match and even then that was gone in the 2nd half.

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:19 pm
What’s the target for Evatt now? He clearly wanted to win this, and we’ve fecked it up. I’ll confirm I would be happy to finish anywhere higher than 20th now but that doesn’t mean it should be a target.
I suspect survival and midtable mediocrity. We've got excuses lined up.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:26 pm

Worthy, apologies I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just adding to your comments.

As Ghost says Evatt seemingly doesn't like coaching set pieces and doesn't think 'keepers matter. which could cost him his job. For me I actually can't see what Evatt is doing in regards to coaching, we get worse game by game - our passing is slower, tempo slower, the tippy tappy fcuking about at the back gets worse.

He comes across as a bit of a stubbon, know it all cnut does Evatt - the fans have been going on for months now about how shite our set pieces are and he does nothing about it, many fans (including me) think Dixon is as bad as Crellin and a vocal, commanding keeper should be a priority in this window as are a couple of midfield leaders, there is still time for these but I'm not sure that Evatt will listen as he will think that the fans know nothing.

For me tactically we are poor all over the pitch and Evatt and his coaches need to step up big time before he loses the fans.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:28 pm

Someone get looking through Dixon's tweets.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:29 pm

Mar, I'm afraid I would hold Dixon's mistake against Evatt because he worked with him before and signed him as a first choice league 1 keeper. We've seen previously that he has a cavalier attitude to the position, so this is what happens.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:52 pm
For all the Brand Evatt nonsense the football we play is incredibly boring and painful to watch at times. It’s certainly not edge of the seat stuff.

Needs rethinking as this style is absolutely holding us back.

Too often I feel as if we're playing with a straitjacket on. For me, our most entertaining performances have come from matches where the play had a natural to and fro, providing us with space and goalscorong opportunities we otherwise probably wouldn't have created.