Couldn’t give a monkeys - Hartlepool away 4th Jan at 7pm on the dot

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Couldn’t give a monkeys - Hartlepool away 4th Jan at 7pm on the dot

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:17 pm

Be good to use this as an opportunity to get that first win in what feels like an absolute age. Evatt talked it down but suspect he will play our strongest XI though with some fitness changes - Gordon for John, MJ back in (presumably Delf). Expecting Fossey to start which will be interesting. Doyler up top with Dion given half an hour? Dapo to be risked?

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Couldn’t give a monkeys - Hartlepool away 4th Jan at 7pm on the dot

Post by sonicthewhite » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:24 pm

Pretty much bob on for me that.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:24 pm

He’s talking about not rushing Dion so maybe he gets the last half hour. Much of the rest depends on Covid - who’s up for a three-game week. Not that we have a lot of choice. Their gaffer is talking about depth of squad and picking a team good enough to win it, that sort of thing, so it sounds like they’re making changes too. But IMO air starts to get serious after this one. Let’s win a cup.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:24 pm
He’s talking about not rushing Dion so maybe he gets the last half hour. Much of the rest depends on Covid - who’s up for a three-game week. Not that we have a lot of choice. Their gaffer is talking about depth of squad and picking a team good enough to win it, that sort of thing, so it sounds like they’re making changes too. But IMO air starts to get serious after this one. Let’s win a cup.
Got a full week haven't we? FA Cup third round in Saturday, then Wycombe Tuesday then Ipswich Saturday.

Strongest possible XI of fully fit players for me. Full week to recover, let's try and win it.

Hopefully the FA pull their finger out and sort international clearance for our English winger who's already here on loan, and our English midfielder who's our fecking player and coming back. Absolute farce they couldn't play Saturday.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:40 pm
Got a full week haven't we? FA Cup third round in Saturday, then Wycombe Tuesday then Ipswich Saturday.

Strongest possible XI of fully fit players for me. Full week to recover, let's try and win it.

Hopefully the FA pull their finger out and sort international clearance for our English winger who's already here on loan, and our English midfielder who's our fecking player and coming back. Absolute farce they couldn't play Saturday.
Strongest team for me too but it’s also a welfare issue. How physically fit are the covid recoverers. Are they up to it?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:51 pm

Aye forgot to mention the ridiculousness of the Ameachi and Darcy situations. Both would get game time for me - possibly as starters. I’d certainly start Ronan over Delf.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:01 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Strongest team for me too but it’s also a welfare issue. How physically fit are the covid recoverers. Are they up to it?
Aye, that's what I was trying to get at with "fully fit". No risks on niggles or covid recovery, but strong as we can with that condition.

And whatever Charles needs to get him as close to being ready as possible. Impossible to know without knowing where he is at, but suspect it's a half hour off the bench.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 pm

Have little choice, really. The issue we have with Charles is surely the same with Fossey, isn't it? With the added issue that Fossey has a really poor injury record. If Charles can't be rushed in due to lack of first team football then how do we rush Fossey in?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:15 pm

Fossey has been playing regularly for Fulham's U23s and I believe Charles has featured for Accrington Stanley's reserves. Both should be capable of playing a part tomorrow night.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:33 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:15 pm
Fossey has been playing regularly for Fulham's U23s and I believe Charles has featured for Accrington Stanley's reserves. Both should be capable of playing a part tomorrow night.
That's what I am saying. Evatt was quoted as saying we can't risk rushing Charles into the first team as he's likely to break down. If they have both been playing reserve team football, what's the difference?

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:39 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:33 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
That's what I am saying. Evatt was quoted as saying we can't risk rushing Charles into the first team as he's likely to break down. If they have both been playing reserve team football, what's the difference?
Bit of mind games? :conf:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:
He’s talking about not rushing Dion so maybe he gets the last half hour. Much of the rest depends on Covid - who’s up for a three-game week.
Sorry, aye. But as noted, depends who’s physically ready to go. No butterflies to be broken on the wheel.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:53 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:33 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

I don't think Accrington Stanley reserves have played very many matches.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:59 am

Possibly our biggest game of the season so far tonight. Looks like we'll be finishing midtable from the looks of it so a decent cup run and aiming for Wembley is possibly our biggest chance of making this season stand out.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:14 am

Northern Gas and Power Stadium? Do we get cheaper gas and electric bills if we win? :D

If playing Hartlepool is our biggest game of the season Mar, we're further away from beating Athletico Madrid than I realised. Still, one game at a time is the target , so...COME ON YOU WHITES..! :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:07 pm

I can see where Mar's coming from but it's not a big game for me. Use it to get players fitter and sharper and then hopefully get some much needed league wins. Worryingly, we dropped another place yesterday with Cambridge getting a point at Pompey.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:27 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:53 am
I don't think Accrington Stanley reserves have played very many matches.
That'd make sense. Whereas PL2 is run as a fairly regular league.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:33 pm

So: start Dion Charles before his inevitable suspension, or drop him altogether to prove a point?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:40 pm

Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:33 pm
So: start Dion Charles before his inevitable suspension, or drop him altogether to prove a point?
Inevitably the latter, surely? Otherwise it's just "Dion promises he's not a bigot and I'm a Christian so we're good now."

Will be interesting.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:43 pm

Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:33 pm
Stick to the original plan of give him 30mins at the end. Providing that was the original plan.