And you will take my hand and make believe it's..... Sunderland (H) 15:00 29/1/22

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: And you will take my hand and make believe it's..... Sunderland (H) 15:00 29/1/22

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:14 pm

Loved the atmosphere today. Great following from them and they made a lot of noise early on. However, Wanderers fans responded with a siege mentality and all 3 sides of the ground really got behind the lads. How good does it feel to be belting out "six nil to the Wanderers!" in the final few minutes?

BP and I laughing at the shock and absurdity of it all. God knows what the 2 Sunderland fans sat next to BP thought. Fair play, they stayed until the end!

Hoarse yet happy Wanderer here!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: And you will take my hand and make believe it's..... Sunderland (H) 15:00 29/1/22

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:35 pm

Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

OrtonCakeBingoBongo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by OrtonCakeBingoBongo » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:48 pm

Congratulations I heard the score earlier, you must be really excited. One thing about this league anything can happen but take nothing away Bolton made some headlines with this and your fans deserve something like this after falling on hard times, and like us into League One.

Watching highlights now on TV, League One will be on in a few moments and will watch your game moments along with ours and others held today. You should be able to get a promotion really, it's a shame you might not, Beaten us twice this season and a 6 - 0 win today over one of the favourites to win the League. Trying to say feel strongly Bolton are too good or too big a club name to be languishing in the third division of the league structure.

Just stopped by to provide congrats and what is a great result for Bolton fans. If you can repeat feats like that every now and again and believe in yourselves you're better than League One standard, promotion has to or will occur sooner than later. OK ? Well done once again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:08 pm
Anyone got a link. The one TD linked to didn't seem to have anything in the last year (am I doing it wrong?)
Sorry Pru. It was the firat one I tried. Try this:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:18 pm

Watched the EFL highlights for the first time in donkeys…enjoyable!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:20 pm

Has everyone calmed down now?
:pissed:
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:25 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:20 pm
Still fuming.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:39 pm

OrtonCakeBingoBongo wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:48 pm
Congratulations I heard the score earlier, you must be really excited. One thing about this league anything can happen but take nothing away Bolton made some headlines with this and your fans deserve something like this after falling on hard times, and like us into League One.

Watching highlights now on TV, League One will be on in a few moments and will watch your game moments along with ours and others held today. You should be able to get a promotion really, it's a shame you might not, Beaten us twice this season and a 6 - 0 win today over one of the favourites to win the League. Trying to say feel strongly Bolton are too good or too big a club name to be languishing in the third division of the league structure.

Just stopped by to provide congrats and what is a great result for Bolton fans. If you can repeat feats like that every now and again and believe in yourselves you're better than League One standard, promotion has to or will occur sooner than later. OK ? Well done once again.
Cheers Orton. One of those once in a blue moon games today but very enjoyable. Feels like we're back heading in the right direction, although this season was all about consolidation for most of us.

How's your new manager shaping up?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:55 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:18 pm
Ditto. The commentator claimed Dapo was our captain and that it was our biggest attendance of the season (third highest from what I can see).

Speaks volumes about today’s performance that I was willing to sit through over an hour of Colin Murray to watch a minute’s worth of highlights from a game I’d already seen in full.

Had a wee wager on us making (33/1) and winning (200/1) the playoffs after we announced the Sadlier signing yesterday. We can’t do it again, can we?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:00 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:55 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:18 pm
Ditto. The commentator claimed Dapo was our captain and that it was our biggest attendance of the season (third highest from what I can see).

Speaks volumes about today’s performance that I was willing to sit through over an hour of Colin Murray to watch a minute’s worth of highlights from a game I’d already seen in full.

Had a wee wager on us making (33/1) and winning (200/1) the playoffs after we announced the Sadlier signing yesterday. We can’t do it again, can we?
Obviously those will have changed now but that 200/1 seems like a slam dunk bet. How is winning the playoffs that much higher than making them? Both obviously unlikely scenarios but at that point it is a four horse race!

Edit: market has now corrected to 22/1 and 66/1 respectively...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:09 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
No, that’s it, announce promotion!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:15 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:09 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
No, that’s it, announce promotion!

Not until Keyser or t'Gun give me the odds on us winning the league. Evens?
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:18 pm

I mean what have we paid for Charles? £300 grand? What a steal!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:21 pm

Clip is post-ipswich but will be posting this an insufferable amount if things keep going well.
Last edited by KeyserSoze on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:31 pm

Not a Twitterer. What's he saying?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:36 pm

Wondered where you were O.K.B.B. Our turn this time but wish you well (but not too well in the league) . :wink:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:31 pm
Not a Twitterer. What's he saying?
Should be viewable on here now tango. It's just a silly two second clip but I love it haha

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:36 pm

Wondered where you were O.K.B.B. Our turn this time but wish you well (but not too well in the league) . :wink:
Isn't O.k.b.b a fan of a different team? ;-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:50 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:21 pm
Clip is post-ipswich but will be posting this an insufferable amount if things keep going well.
He's a glorious little shithouse. As is Charles. To go with ratbag Daps. Love to see.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:47 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:36 pm

Isn't O.k.b.b a fan of a different team? ;-)
iNah Worthy, Orton Cake Bingo Bongo usually appears on site when we play Mackem matches. He's been around a long time. I got the Kicking c wrong. Sorry. :oops: