Famous Five go to the Seaside...V Morecambe away Sat. Feb 5th 3-0.clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Famous Five go to the Seaside...V Morecambe away Sat. Feb 5th 3-0.clock

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:12 pm

Surprised he didn’t end up at Preston or even Wigan to be honest in the window. What length is his deal - Morecambe were known for working on 1 season deals but assume his is now longer?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:12 pm
Surprised he didn’t end up at Preston or even Wigan to be honest in the window. What length is his deal - Morecambe were known for working on 1 season deals but assume his is now longer?
They gave him 2 years in the summer. No idea if they've an extension on that.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:40 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:29 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:44 am
Time to forget about the euphoric six goals and think about a realistic couple of goals win (one is always a nervy lead in this league). The original Famous Five would go to the seaside with shrimp nets, but the only shrimp nets we're concerned about are those with goalposts round them.

The Shrimpers are currently twenty first in the league tale to our eleventh, but caution is advised with the old mandate of pride coming before a fall, so we really need to be on form and keep up our current form. Not sure if Dempsey will get to start, but he might and he'll surely be champing at the bit to impress. He'll also have to forget his recent Captain's role and settle for life in the ranks for a bit.

"May he (you) live in interesting times" is actually an old Chinese curse, but we are living in interesting times, not the least at the Unibol, so lets hope w can live them at the "Mazuma" stadium and record another clean sheet and three points. " COME ON YOU WHITES "... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Sarfend is quite a long way from Morecambe Bay, TD, and The Shrimpers are now in the Conference Premier League.

On form The Shrimps shouldn't be troubling us. I'd love to see Kieran Lee back. He really does make a difference when he's fit and has good players around him.
Worse than this shrimp business, shockingly Tango misquoted the Bible. Pride doesn't go before a fall, it goeth before destruction. A haughty spirit goes before a fall. This may require some form of penance, Tango. :lol:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:43 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:40 pm
Gudnib wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:29 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:44 am
Time to forget about the euphoric six goals and think about a realistic couple of goals win (one is always a nervy lead in this league). The original Famous Five would go to the seaside with shrimp nets, but the only shrimp nets we're concerned about are those with goalposts round them.

The Shrimpers are currently twenty first in the league tale to our eleventh, but caution is advised with the old mandate of pride coming before a fall, so we really need to be on form and keep up our current form. Not sure if Dempsey will get to start, but he might and he'll surely be champing at the bit to impress. He'll also have to forget his recent Captain's role and settle for life in the ranks for a bit.

"May he (you) live in interesting times" is actually an old Chinese curse, but we are living in interesting times, not the least at the Unibol, so lets hope w can live them at the "Mazuma" stadium and record another clean sheet and three points. " COME ON YOU WHITES "... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Sarfend is quite a long way from Morecambe Bay, TD, and The Shrimpers are now in the Conference Premier League.

On form The Shrimps shouldn't be troubling us. I'd love to see Kieran Lee back. He really does make a difference when he's fit and has good players around him.
Worse than this shrimp business, shockingly Tango misquoted the Bible. Pride doesn't go before a fall, it goeth before destruction. A haughty spirit goes before a fall. This may require some form of penance, Tango. :lol:
Yay! Though thou walk in the shadow of the valley of Montreal, you shall fear no sarcasm! :lol:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:31 am

sonicthewhite wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:43 pm

Yay! Though thou walk in the shadow of the valley of Montreal, you shall fear no sarcasm! :lol:
[/quote]

I'll do the penance Monty as long as it doesn't involve the physical, and don't worry Sonic, I know Monty's humour well enough. We've both been on this site for 17 years now. That's pretty frightening isn't it.. :shock: :lol:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:46 pm

Time's ticking. Ozone and fish and chip aromas await. Expecting this to be a tough one. With our firepower really don't need to be talking near misses and an early goal could be really important. .Stephen Robinson says they don't fear us, but that in itself means they probably do. In our case, we surely are better applying a "Silence is golden" policy and letting the actions do the talking. The early and late periods are usually the most nervy so...Place your bets...

Anyway, I'm pretty confident we'll win this; not sure about the clean sheets with Stockton's current form, but a tight fought 2-1 or 3-2. COME ON YOU WHITES .. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:56 pm

I'd forgotten that Gnahoua now plays for Morecambe. Presumably he's moved his family onto the adjoining caravan park :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:52 pm

Morecambe's beaches may have recently been classified as good but I wouldn't recommend taking your bucket and spade or your speedos tomorrow.
https://www.lancaster.gov.uk/news/2022/ ... st-ratings

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:05 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:52 pm
Morecambe's beaches may have recently been classified as good but I wouldn't recommend taking your bucket and spade or your speedos tomorrow.
https://www.lancaster.gov.uk/news/2022/ ... st-ratings
Nobody wants to see me in speedos, mate...
images.jpg
images.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 938 times

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:07 am

Its cold and 'orrible in Morecambe Bay today but, if its take-out fish and chips you're after, Hodgsons in Lancaster is highly recommended. Not in the city centre mind you but Nigel Hodgson's a Wanderer.

I'd prefer a sit down in a really nice country inn like The Fleece at Dolphinholme, just a couple of miles from J34 of the M6.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:16 am

Looks to be terrible weather up north, which isn’t something we’ve dealt well with this season. Hopefully the new look squad and formation will prove to be more robust when faced with this kind of scenario.

If we had better conditions I’d be predicting a comfortable victory, but as is maybe we eke out a scrappy 2-1.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:31 am

Dempsey's debut? Surely in some form or other. But could you drop anyone from the starting XI?

Evatt: “We’re delighted with him. We’re delighted with all the new ones – they’ve settled in really well and been made to feel welcome.

“They’re all, not in awe, but they’re all delighted to be here. The facilities we’ve got, the welcome they’ve had from the fans and from the players, the level and intensity of training, they way we play.

“Walking off the pitch on Tuesday, Kieran Sadlier said, ‘Wow! This is how I want to play, this is so enjoyable’.

"Kyle Dempsey said to Chris Markham at half time, ‘get me on that pitch, this is how football should be played’.

“So yeah, they’ve really bought into what we’re trying to do. We’re looking forward to having them and seeing what they can do for us.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... wanderers/

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:36 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:16 am
Looks to be terrible weather up north, which isn’t something we’ve dealt well with this season. Hopefully the new look squad and formation will prove to be more robust when faced with this kind of scenario.

If we had better conditions I’d be predicting a comfortable victory, but as is maybe we eke out a scrappy 2-1.
Ah the Winter Hill Warriors won't be fazed by a bit of seaside breeze. Might be a few long Johns, gloves and snoods on show, but we'll cope. A tasty win for the Whites (and hopefully another clean sheet for our unfortunately named goalie.) Get in.. :oyea:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:58 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:31 am
Dempsey's debut? Surely in some form or other. But could you drop anyone from the starting XI?

Evatt: “We’re delighted with him. We’re delighted with all the new ones – they’ve settled in really well and been made to feel welcome.

“They’re all, not in awe, but they’re all delighted to be here. The facilities we’ve got, the welcome they’ve had from the fans and from the players, the level and intensity of training, they way we play.

“Walking off the pitch on Tuesday, Kieran Sadlier said, ‘Wow! This is how I want to play, this is so enjoyable’.

"Kyle Dempsey said to Chris Markham at half time, ‘get me on that pitch, this is how football should be played’.

“So yeah, they’ve really bought into what we’re trying to do. We’re looking forward to having them and seeing what they can do for us.”

He's a friend first, boss second.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:07 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:58 am

He's a friend first, boss second.

Probably an entertainer third. :D

I have to admit, it did make me cringe reading it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:47 am

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if Dempsey didn't get some time for MJ...MJ has looked a bit leggy on occasions the last couple, and I think possibly, some of it's going a bit quicker than he's used to :-)

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:58 am

Blaspheming there, Worthy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:18 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:58 am
Blaspheming there, Worthy.
I know. I'll bring my own stake. :-)

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:20 pm

Dempsey could easily come in for Williams (I think that will end up our best midfield). Equally, we're looking at a combative Morecambe on a small pitch, so Dempsey in with Williams would also make sense.

Now we have so many options it'll get more and more difficult to predict line ups. There will need to be loads of rotation this month, though, so you'd expect some might come this game.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:52 pm

I hope if it’s not going our way our fans behave themselves. It’s same conditions as Plymouth and Fleetwood, so more industrial football may be required.