Famous Five go to the Seaside...V Morecambe away Sat. Feb 5th 3-0.clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Famous Five go to the Seaside...V Morecambe away Sat. Feb 5th 3-0.clock

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:33 am

Bluebottle wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:02 pm
I wish your club well and hope when we meet again there won't be a repeat.
We meet again in four weeks, and I doubt that much of this will have died down by then. In fact, I expect it to get worse this week as the slanging match gathers pace before it can get better.

As I've said earlier in this thread, I'd ban visitors for the game; for no other reason than I really don't see it ending well otherwise. Unfair on genuine supporters, I know, but I can see nowt but trouble otherwise.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:33 am
Bluebottle wrote:
We meet again in four weeks, and I doubt that much of this will have died down by then. In fact, I expect it to get worse this week as the slanging match gathers pace before it can get better.

As I've said earlier in this thread, I'd ban visitors for the game; for no other reason than I really don't see it ending well otherwise. Unfair on genuine supporters, I know, but I can see nowt but trouble otherwise.
Huge call that, Bruce. I see your reasoning but it would elevate the beef from fans v fans to club v club. Would also tar all their fans with the same brush. I don't think it would calm things down, let's say.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:51 am

I'd certainly want to ensure there was an air gap between away and ESL (and maybe even WSL)...They'd be safe in SSU. But as others mentioned about all fans being let out at the same time, whilst I didn't see any trouble v Sunderland (apart from one "runner" with the police on their tail near Harvester), they did seem to let them out way before our fans would have had time to clear the ground...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:52 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:51 am
I'd certainly want to ensure there was an air gap between away and ESL (and maybe even WSL)...They'd be safe in SSU. But as others mentioned about all fans being let out at the same time, whilst I didn't see any trouble v Sunderland (apart from one "runner" with the police on their tail near Harvester), they did seem to let them out way before our fans would have had time to clear the ground...
Isn’t it normal for all fans to be let out at the same time?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:55 am

Looks like chest to me.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:22 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:42 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:33 am
Bluebottle wrote:

Huge call that, Bruce. I see your reasoning but it would elevate the beef from fans v fans to club v club. Would also tar all their fans with the same brush. I don't think it would calm things down, let's say.
Take your points on board 100%, DSB. I'm rather thinking along the lines of 'can we all just come up for air, please?!' You're right though, if it didn't work then in all likelihood it would have the exact opposite effect.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:25 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Most of the Sunderland fans had left before the end anyway, hadn't they?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:52 am
Worthy4England wrote:
It is these days, but it wasn't for decades: away fans were always held for anything from five to 15 minutes. It was annoying (always spannered any hopes of getting back to the car for the Sports Report music) but it allowed the fuzz to concentrate on dispersing most home fans so they could more easily deal with potential rude hosts.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:29 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:25 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Most of the Sunderland fans had left before the end anyway, hadn't they?
Quite a few, certainly. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Fair question - been a long time since I've been to an away TBF, but I always recall us getting kept in for weeks after the game...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:30 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Fair question - been a long time since I've been to an away TBF, but I always recall us getting kept in for weeks after the game...
Happens sometimes but not that often in my experience. Usually only when police are very keen to manage historical problems.

cumbria red
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cumbria red » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:42 pm

Morecambe fan in peace.

Neither set of fans come out of this incident with much credit.

For me I suggest we let the Police investigate the matter and the subsequent post match trouble as, at the moment everything is hearsay with fans making assumptions based on very little if any personal involvement.

Both clubs have a very small minority of idiots who tarnish the name of their club with little care or thought of their actions other than possibly to see themselves 'big' in the eyes of like minded individuals.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:05 pm

cumbria red wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:42 pm
Morecambe fan in peace.

For me I suggest we let the Police investigate the matter and the subsequent post match trouble as, at the moment everything is hearsay with fans making assumptions based on very little if any personal involvement.

Both clubs have a very small minority of idiots who tarnish the name of their club with little care or thought of their actions other than possibly to see themselves 'big' in the eyes of like minded individuals.
Absolutely. The whole thing's becoming a hearsay slanging match as it is.

Whilst you're on, may I ask for your opinion on a couple of things please?

1/ I suggested earlier on here that being as the return game is in four weeks we don't allow any Morecambe supporters. Not withstanding the fact that this is unfair on genuine supporters, I just thought it might allow a cooling off period. I can also see the situation escalating if we do allow visiting Shrimps.
This has been countered by our own contributor, DSB who added ' it would elevate the beef from fans v fans to club v club. Would also tar all their fans with the same brush. I don't think it would calm things down, let's say.'
Your thoughts on that one please?

And 2/ Is there any previous between Morecambe and Evatt? If so, can you give us the background please?

cheers.

cumbria red
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cumbria red » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:38 pm

I know that a number of Morecambe fans are worried about the return match atmosphere being hostile especially after the game. I personally think that our fans should on this occasion be encouraged NOT to attend but we both know that if fans are determined to go then no amount of persuasion will stop them from going. The only way is for the game to be 'all ticket' with no allocation being provided to MFC and a complete ban (as a one off) for on-line purchase. This will no doubt affect Bolton fans possibly more than it will affect MFC. Purchase of any tickets should be at the stadium in person with visual proof of postcode location.

As for Mr Evatt.....as a former Barrow manager he was given a 'warm' welcome. I'll leave it there......

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Banning travelling supporters for the return game would be way over the top for me. They've no history of causing trouble at away games, as far as I'm aware, and it'd be a poor do if we cant police and steward the place for half empty home ends and a few hundred visitors.

If the racism allegations are proven then I'd expect them to have the threat of playing a future home game behind closed doors. Particularly, if this is the 2nd time it's happened in recent years.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:52 pm

cumbria red wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:42 pm
Morecambe fan in peace.

Doubt anyone disagrees with this.

Your club let itself down in its post match statements and actions of your directors. Your manager and players by all accounts were spot on.

Trying to insinuate racism didn’t happen when it seems quite likely it did is not a good look.

I think fans should be allowed to attend as I don’t think it was anymore hostile than you’d see in a local Derby. But I do hope ours can stop being idiots as it spoils the occasion.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:57 pm

I would oppose blocking the attendance of Morecambe fans. In fact, I'd take the exact opposite approach. BWFC as a club should work hard to make the game a welcome and safe event. I'd go so far as to offer a discount on away pricing and I would most certainly have some of their fans who were affected by violence and intimidation by ours as guests of the chairman.

Extra security and policing, 100%. But the club should send a strong message to the not-rights in our own fan base that if it comes to a choice between them and real football fans from other clubs then we are fully on the side of the real fans.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:03 pm

cumbria red wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:38 pm
I know that a number of Morecambe fans are worried about the return match atmosphere being hostile especially after the game. I personally think that our fans should on this occasion be encouraged NOT to attend but we both know that if fans are determined to go then no amount of persuasion will stop them from going. The only way is for the game to be 'all ticket' with no allocation being provided to MFC and a complete ban (as a one off) for on-line purchase. This will no doubt affect Bolton fans possibly more than it will affect MFC. Purchase of any tickets should be at the stadium in person with visual proof of postcode location.

As for Mr Evatt.....as a former Barrow manager he was given a 'warm' welcome. I'll leave it there......
I've been a Bolton fan for over 70 years, Cumbria Red, and living in Morecambe Bay know a few Shrimps supporters.There's not a numpty amongst them and there isn't a numpty amongst the Bolton fans that I know in the area either but frankly I'm dismayed at some of the stuff that appears on websites and social media and decided a few years ago to stop going to away games because of the behaviour of a small minority of our fans.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:11 pm

https://youtu.be/knvuR7CVtXw

Plenty of evidence there of the pitch invaders.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:36 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:11 pm
https://youtu.be/knvuR7CVtXw

Plenty of evidence there of the pitch invaders.
Clowns, clowns,clowns. They surely can see they'll be identified. We all feel the euphoria of scoring, but ....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?