Famous Five go to the Seaside...V Morecambe away Sat. Feb 5th 3-0.clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Famous Five go to the Seaside...V Morecambe away Sat. Feb 5th 3-0.clock

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:00 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:15 pm
but this is nothing like, nowhere near anything that happened in the 70's & 80's this is playground stuff in comparison and isn't trouble or football violence it's just youthful exuberance which needs to be rained in a little
So there you have it. The racist abuse wasn't real racist abuse because Bananas weren’t thrown at the black players. Not like the proper racist abuse of the 70s and 80s. Just needs to be rained [sic] in a little. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:06 am

Accountability - let’s see what happens now. We’ve issued a very strong statement, Morecambe look like they are trying to brush it all under the carpet. There is some bad blood brewing here between the clubs - probably a good thing the return game is now on a Tuesday night…

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:18 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:06 am
Accountability - let’s see what happens now. We’ve issued a very strong statement, Morecambe look like they are trying to brush it all under the carpet. There is some bad blood brewing here between the clubs - probably a good thing the return game is now on a Tuesday night…
And probably for the best if we don't allow the feck* anywhere near the place, I'd have thought.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:31 am

https://twitter.com/lostockwanderer/sta ... 29409?s=21

Interesting clip here of the aftermath.

The Morecambe fan view is very much Evatt made it up to engineer a break in play which seems fecking fanciful.

From our part it’s obvious a significant minority of our fans were out of order - pitch invasions and the throwing of objects. We need to stamp this out.

I’m pleased we equalized and it obviously meant a lot to the players from the celebrations. What a horrible game.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:39 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:00 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
but this is nothing like, nowhere near anything that happened in the 70's & 80's this is playground stuff in comparison and isn't trouble or football violence it's just youthful exuberance which needs to be rained in a little
So there you have it. The racist abuse wasn't real racist abuse because Bananas weren’t thrown at the black players. Not like the proper racist abuse of the 70s and 80s. Just needs to be rained [sic] in a little. :roll:
Wtf ? my comments were about the Bolton fans invading the pitch to celebrate a injury time goal & apparently a plastic bottle of orange was thrown at their goal keeper, none of this was related to the racist comments aimed at the Bolton bench from the Morecambe fans, I haven't made one comment regarding racist abuse or racist abuse not being real racist abuse or not being proper racist abuse of the 70's or 80's.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:40 am

While it’s not a managerial spat, feels a bit like Morecambe are becoming to Evatt what Tranmere were to Allardyce.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:44 am

Little old Morecambe?

They surely tell a different tale to ours and the most certainly don't like Ian Evatt. It all needs sorting out, but nobody comes out smelling of roses. In short, Bolton as a club are getting blamed for a small bunch of scrotes where six of one etc, is the case. The racism mustn't be overshadowed by Morecambe fans moaning about costing them three points. We might say the same about a poor ref who red-carded Santos for nothing, and a cheating bunch of players who know damn well it wasn't a handball but appealed wildly, a decision that cost us a goal just minutes later.

I just hope the real villains get nailed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:51 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:40 am
While it’s not a managerial spat, feels a bit like Morecambe are becoming to Evatt what Tranmere were to Allardyce.
One sentence, two lands that time forgot. Well done, Sir.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:06 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:39 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:00 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wtf ? my comments were about the Bolton fans invading the pitch to celebrate a injury time goal & apparently a plastic bottle of orange was thrown at their goal keeper, none of this was related to the racist comments aimed at the Bolton bench from the Morecambe fans, I haven't made one comment regarding racist abuse or racist abuse not being real racist abuse or not being proper racist abuse of the 70's or 80's.
I'm referring to the 'whataboutery' of your remarks, Bertie. To make comparisons with 70s and 80s hooliganism as some sort of 'well it's not as bad as' measure is as ridiculous as it is to play down yesterday's racist abuse when compared with the overt displays of racism shown by the banana chuckers of the 70s and 80s. That was my point. Goings on at Morecambe may not have been on a similar scale, but today they are all equally as unacceptable, and for you to say 'Errr, but it's not as bad as.....' really doesn't help. Far from it in fact.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:26 pm

In other news. Thunderclap coming on a treat!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:42 pm

Started with their dynamic dickhead duo calling Evatt a bell end whilst commentating on iFollow last season.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:47 pm

One of Morecambe's directors has responded to the racism with this...

Screenshot 2022-02-06 134623.png
Screenshot 2022-02-06 134623.png (112.92 KiB) Viewed 1712 times

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:48 pm

They used to hang, draw and quarter folk at Lancaster Castle on the basis of false or flimsy evidence. They don't do it any longer but it does seem to be the case that you can be found guilty of racism merely by false accusation, as Peter Duffy and his family found to their substantial cost.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whistle-Wind-d ... 1082231967

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:52 pm

So you don't think there's any truth to the claims of racism then?
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:59 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:52 pm
I certainly don't believe there was in Peter Duffy's case. I don't know Santa and don't know what he said or might have said.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:12 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:42 pm
Started with their dynamic dickhead duo calling Evatt a bell end whilst commentating on iFollow last season.
Evatt was the one that called them the bell end but still their commentary leaves a lot to be desired in terms of fair representation of events.
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:47 pm

I'm confused as to the reporting of events. A lot from the Morecambe side are saying that there wasn't any racism that has gone on through the match. Surely there would be corroborated evidence by the FA of abuse throughout the game given their proximity to our players on the bench. This post by the Morecambe director is probably indicative of turning a blind eye to events.

What is wrong with simply posting about the events being investigated and that all this will be addressed accordingly. The Morecambe manager seems to be saying exactly that so credit to him. The relevant authorities will be looking into it.

I'm hearing that the woman's name was Karen, not sure that was tongue in cheek or just a play on her name but Santa and Karen, somewhat comedic take on things.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:59 pm
sonicthewhite wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:52 pm
I certainly don't believe there was in Peter Duffy's case. I don't know Santa and don't know what he said or might have said.
The alternative is that out black players made up racism.

Is that the position you'd like to support?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:22 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:48 pm
They used to hang, draw and quarter folk at Lancaster Castle on the basis of false or flimsy evidence. They don't do it any longer but it does seem to be the case that you can be found guilty of racism merely by false accusation, as Peter Duffy and his family found to their substantial cost.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whistle-Wind-d ... 1082231967
Seems a very strange comment. Effectively insinuating that the Bolton staff have made it up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:30 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:47 pm

This is absolutely disgraceful. Someone has been arrested.

This shows the reason we are in such a mess as a country. Someone is racially abused and peoples tribal response is to deny it happened or make out people exploited said abuse.

Not that I excuse our own fans in any way.

But for that tweet alone I want the EFL to step in and deal with this at a club level. You can’t have clubs behaving like this in these circumstances.