Closing down "Crazy Corner"

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Closing down "Crazy Corner"

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:16 pm

I suppose it’s different at home. Having 3 family stands isn’t the aim here is it?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:16 pm
I suppose it’s different at home. Having 3 family stands isn’t the aim here is it?
Not sure it's been unequivocally welcomed on Ways... :-)

Remember all the anti-smoking lobby whinging about smoking in pubs? They hardly went in 'em before and hardly improved their attendance after. I'm not after going back to smoking in pubs, but equally, I'm not sure that making the place antiseptic, is going to put 3k on the attendance...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:48 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:24 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:16 pm
Not sure it's been unequivocally welcomed on Ways... :-)

Remember all the anti-smoking lobby whinging about smoking in pubs? They hardly went in 'em before and hardly improved their attendance after. I'm not after going back to smoking in pubs, but equally, I'm not sure that making the place antiseptic, is going to put 3k on the attendance...
Drawing lines...Fans at (I think an Inter Milan match) an Italian football match threw a missile from the top tier into the crowd below. Not a plastic bottle mind, but a motor scooter (it's the absolute truth).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:28 am

I just fail to see why they can't single out and ban the main offenders without sanitising the ground and fanbase. Film them and pick them off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:46 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:28 am
I just fail to see why they can't single out and ban the main offenders without sanitising the ground and fanbase. Film them and pick them off.
Aye. It does sorry of feel like it's "right in front" of the stewards....and it's not like ESL shares a 3,000 km border with China. Get some filming done.

Trickier away, in most places.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:54 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:28 am
Indeed. I thought that this was the chief driver behind folk having to have supplied their details before being allowed to buy tickets?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:00 pm

I'm sure it's largely a sop to the old bill but it is a worry that just as there's a buzz and atmosphere around the support and numbers are up, we'll kill it off with this Stasi style initiative.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:29 pm

Wouldn't surprise me to hear Neil Hart getting some stick for his happy clappers...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:01 pm

It's entirely possible that this text scheme is as much for the benefit of insurance and the police as it is anything else.

They will have demanded evidence of action by the club.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:26 am

Some decent questions in here with responses from Hart/Evatt

Put it here, but it could've probably dropped on quite a few different threads.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:41 am

Had there been some sort of a rumpus last night, by the way? At the end of a game I usually walk down the ESL concourse from north to south. However, yesterday evening I found myself walking against a tide of our Lumpenproletariat from the scoreboard end. What an absolutely pathetic bunch. Teenagers I can understand to a degree, but this lot also included grown men in their 30s, 40s and 50s, banging on the metal shutters and generally acting 'well hard'.
Anyway, it transpired that the stewards had blocked off the exits in the south east 'corner'.

Then, when I drove up to The Beehive roundabout there must've been around a half a dozen TAG vans there and at least 20 Coppers keeping some unruly bunch in order.

Neil Hart reckons that our Policing bill will reach around £100K this season. Surely we have better things to spend our money on than keeping these fecking arseholes in check?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:55 am

BWFC and the Police got reports that the Lincoln Massive were due to attend the match last night hence the additional Police presence.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 am

There were a few Bolton fans attacked. Sounds like it was some kids and an old man set on by a couple of dozen Lincoln fans.

I walked past the same group who were apparently the aggressors and they didn't even make eye contact. I'm not a massive bloke and was on my own, so I assume they were just looking for the weakest possible targets to pick on. Makes me pleased I don't take the kids to night games.

Not sure what happened at the Beehive, but from the stuff on social media it sounds like it was that same group. Some Lincoln fan was on Twitter bragging they'd mugged a Bolton fan and taken his passport.

I'm sure our lads didn't cover themselves in glory, from how a few were behaving near me; but it very much seemed like a few had come up hoping for stories to tell.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:15 pm

Didn't our boneheads cause trouble at the away game? Probably connected to that.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:22 pm

Think it goes back to the one that was cancelled about three years ago, when our finest got left drinking in Lincoln instead