Closing down "Crazy Corner"

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Closing down "Crazy Corner"

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:40 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:55 pm
These are young people. I don’t know what the motivation is but I doubt it’s as simple as fighting. Culture is weird these days.
The banned fans ages' range between 15 and 57. One of the groups assaulting people at Morecambe was described as "middle-aged men"....it's not just "young people."

As has been said on here, this has been going on your years. It's not some odd generational issue.
Oh absolutely. I’m just not sure it’s as simple as they just want a fight in all cases. But regardless ban them because there is no place for it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:55 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:53 pm
They've been told what the consequences will be for the club if they don't stop. They keep doing it anyway. It's not about supporting the club or even watching the football for a lot f these guys, it's just an excuse to get drunk and fight.

Get rid of them. They're not supporters.
These are young people. I don’t know what the motivation is but I doubt it’s as simple as fighting. Culture is weird these days.
One of those arrested is 57. Presumably he was arrested wearing a Burberry cap, Sergio Tacchini tracksuit top, stonewashed jeans and a pair of Adidas Forest Hills whilst making cuckoo sounds. How embarrassing.
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:51 pm

I think some of them are fringe hangers-on. Don't want a fight but get off on the the rush of proximity to violence and bad behaviour. It's true to say that these types don't really watch football. It's just a excuse for tribalism and thuggery.
I have the misfortune of knowing one if these fckwitts. At an away game a few years ago he sat on the wall at the front with his back to the game and simply watched our away fans baiting stewards. This was a big away game in a promotion winning season. Secondary if that.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:40 pm
Oh absolutely. I’m just not sure it’s as simple as they just want a fight in all cases. But regardless ban them because there is no place for it.
No, I was generalising. That's the group I'm most concerned about, though, and the ones who will cause trouble at every game regardless. There are quite a few of them on twitter.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:56 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:51 pm
I think some of them are fringe hangers-on. Don't want a fight but get off on the the rush of proximity to violence and bad behaviour. It's true to say that these types don't really watch football. It's just a excuse for tribalism and thuggery.
I have the misfortune of knowing one if these fckwitts. At an away game a few years ago he sat on the wall at the front with his back to the game and simply watched our away fans baiting stewards. This was a big away game in a promotion winning season. Secondary if that.
Also the same group most likely to send really nasty abuse to players when we lose.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:36 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2022/Februa ... wanderers/
Bolton Wanderers are proud to launch our new campaign – One Wanderers – to work together with fans to promote good behaviour.

As a club, we are actively taking steps to eradicate all forms of disorder and anti-social behaviour at our matches.

And we want to work alongside fans to make the University of Bolton Stadium an even safer and enjoyable environment to support the Whites.

The ‘One Wanderers’ campaign will allow supporters to share information and report any incidents of disorder in and around the stadium via a dedicated TEXT number as we encourage fans to See It. Report It. Stop It.

We want all fans to feel safe and comfortable watching the Whites and after consultation with the Supporters’ Trust and other key stakeholders – including Greater Manchester Police – the ‘One Wanderers’ campaign is another key part of our strategy to eradicate unwanted supporters from our fan-base.

As well as the on-going issuing of banning orders, which now totals over 30 issued since the start of the season, we are also continuing to monitor the behaviour of a minority of supporters in the lower tier of the south-east corner (East Stand) at the University of Bolton Stadium.

We highly value the magnificent atmosphere generated in that section of the stadium but may be forced to impose sanctions if the behaviour of a minority of supporters in that area does not improve.

Any form of disorder or anti-social behaviour in any part of the ground or outside the stadium can now be reported directly via TEXT or WHATSAPP to 07542 850 902 which will be received directly by the stadium match day control room and dealt with accordingly.

We want to stress and acknowledge that manager Ian Evatt and his team are enjoying outstanding support home and away this season as Wanderers look to keep climbing up the League One table.

The response to our new early bird season-ticket offer for 2022/23 has been phenomenal – with over 4,000 tickets already sold – as we encourage more fans to enjoy the experience, so please take the chance to renew or buy your 2022/23 season ticket before the early bird deadline of Thursday 31st March.

And together with your help and ‘One Wanderers’, we can unite to ensure that supporting the Whites continues to be a safe source of passion, pride and enjoyment.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:26 pm

Not condoning bad behaviour, but "shopafan?" It would probably be better if stewards could spot what's happening directly in front of them

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:26 pm

Snitches get Stitches
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:35 pm

All it takes for behaviour like that to proliferate is people turning a blind eye. Call it out. If that doesn't work, then yes, report them!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:43 pm

I'm all for serious offences being reported - However, if I get turfed out because some quilt has taken exception to me swearing after a bad refereeing decision and accuses me of being 'disorderly' then I'll be a bit pissed off - What will happen is you're immediately guilty. You get reported, you're out and you're banned. No investigation - That's how I unfortunately see it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:06 pm

The club don't seem to have realised that birds of a feather flock together.

Who are they expecting to do this grassing-up? Those also involved?
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:21 pm

Haha good point! My mate threw a bottle??

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:08 pm

Just ban those CP cagoules with goggles in the hood. Problem solved.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:25 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:08 pm
Just ban those CP cagoules with goggles in the hood. Problem solved.

Reminds me of when supporters wearing Dr Martens had their laces confiscated at the turnstiles in an attempt to prevent trouble in the ground. Think it followed an almighty punch up with Stoke the week before (late 70s?).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:26 pm
Snitches get Stitches
Got your number, mate. 😀

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:47 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:35 pm
All it takes for behaviour like that to proliferate is people turning a blind eye. Call it out. If that doesn't work, then yes, report them!
Where is your line drawn? Bottle throwing? Fist fights? A shout of "feck off you bent bastard?" Genuine question, because I reckon most folks will have the line drawn in a different place TW.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:37 pm

I understand people's concerns on this one. It will come down to how the information is used and how fans themselves use the system.

In that sense I agree with Worthy. It's about where lines are drawn, by both fans and club. Could be good or a disaster.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:47 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Where is your line drawn? Bottle throwing? Fist fights? A shout of "feck off you bent bastard?" Genuine question, because I reckon most folks will have the line drawn in a different place TW.
I'd say it's somewhere between your second and third examples. I don't think it's at all controversial to say that fist fights and bottle throwing are wholly unacceptable. Shouting and swearing is fine, part and parcel of the viewing experience, but if every other word is swearing and there are kids and families nearby, I'd say you're starting to stray a little close to being "anti-social".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:08 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:50 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:47 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
I'd say it's somewhere between your second and third examples. I don't think it's at all controversial to say that fist fights and bottle throwing are wholly unacceptable. Shouting and swearing is fine, part and parcel of the viewing experience, but if every other word is swearing and there are kids and families nearby, I'd say you're starting to stray a little close to being "anti-social".
And in that last bit, is probably the "grey area" :-) TBF I'd probably "police" it differently in the "family stand" than ESL. I think at a football match you're likely to hear swearing and likely from multiple people (so not necessarily the same person every other word).....