Closing down "Crazy Corner"

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Closing down "Crazy Corner"

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:39 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:50 pm
It needs a culture shift. There's too many growing up these days with the idea that you go to a football match for a piss up and a scrap.

These days? Hardly a new phenomenon is it?!
I'll drink to that (without the scrap) :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:55 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:49 pm
"The club should sell fewer tickets so the not-rights don't have easy targets."

No.
We were told the whole point of the membership scheme was to know who we were selling tickets to. Wigan and Sunderland fans weren't blameless in all that went on. Sell fewer tickets on the 3 times this season the full away allocation is needed. It's only a few hundred. The club missed out on far more home supporters than that last Saturday with the restrictions they've imposed.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:00 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:55 pm
We were told the whole point of the membership scheme was to know who we were selling tickets to.
That was always nonsense. They used that as an excuse to bring it in without consultation. The membership scheme is purely about marketing data.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:44 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:39 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:50 pm
It needs a culture shift. There's too many growing up these days with the idea that you go to a football match for a piss up and a scrap.

These days? Hardly a new phenomenon is it?!
I'll drink to that (without the scrap) :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Point taken. I might count as a "young 'un", it's only something I've really paid attention to in the last five years or so. Possibly the advent of social media making the arseholes more obvious as well.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:39 pm

Police from the Morecambe game with write to our locals and they will write to the club. Entirely possible we see action as a result.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:31 pm

There are too many, in society not just football, who simply can't control their emotions when things go against them. In football, it's something that seems to be getting worse, although admittedly and thankfully not as bad as it was in the eighties, and is a particular problem for us at away fixtures.

It have to be honest, though, I did raise a smile at this:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:42 pm

Lancashire Police investigating not only the racist abuse directed at the Bolton dugout, but also the behaviour of Bolton fans. Five arrested for a range of offences, including being drunk and disorderly, pitch encroachment and assaulting a police officer.

I'm not interested in whataboutery. There is a portion of our fanbase (and you can decide how large a portion that is) who are stains on the club and represent the dregs of humanity. They need to be weeded out.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:09 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:42 pm
Lancashire Police investigating not only the racist abuse directed at the Bolton dugout, but also the behaviour of Bolton fans. Five arrested for a range of offences, including being drunk and disorderly, pitch encroachment and assaulting a police officer.

I'm not interested in whataboutery. There is a portion of our fanbase (and you can decide how large a portion that is) who are stains on the club and represent the dregs of humanity. They need to be weeded out.
Ain't it the truth. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:40 pm

The fact that our fans behaved as badly as they did has provided cover for the racists.

People can defend them all they want, but that's the reality of it. That whataboutism, as grim as it is, is only possible due to our fans' behaviour.

Bluebottle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bluebottle » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:43 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:40 pm
The fact that our fans behaved as badly as they did has provided cover for the racists.

People can defend them all they want, but that's the reality of it. That whataboutism, as grim as it is, is only possible due to our fans' behaviour.
Whoa there!!! Your fans caused problems long before they got to the ground....the ones I came into contact with were, to say the least, less than sober, shouting out all kinds of insults to anyone in earshot. Wake up and smell the roses....

As for the racist(s) , one...I repeat, one has been identified and charged. Get your own house in order before you start accusing multiple Morecambe fans as being racist.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:40 am

Bluebottle wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:43 am
Whoa there!!! Your fans caused problems long before they got to the ground....the ones I came into contact with were, to say the least, less than sober, shouting out all kinds of insults to anyone in earshot. Wake up and smell the roses....

As for the racist(s) , one...I repeat, one has been identified and charged. Get your own house in order before you start accusing multiple Morecambe fans as being racist.
Ah, nothing wounds like shame.

I get that you're embarrassed that you're doing nothing productive, but at least try to make your bait coherent.

Again, go do something that actually improves the situation. Until then I've no more time to give you.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:14 pm

Bans for 14 after events at recent matches.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... upporters/

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:13 pm

Good - I hope they get a few more of 'em.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:13 pm
Good - I hope they get a few more of 'em.
Aye. I'm not a witch-hunter, but if there be troublemakers, then isolation and exclusion are a preferable alternative to, say, closing down swathes of the ground.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:53 pm

They've been told what the consequences will be for the club if they don't stop. They keep doing it anyway. It's not about supporting the club or even watching the football for a lot f these guys, it's just an excuse to get drunk and fight.

Get rid of them. They're not supporters.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:11 pm

Excellent. Bravo. Just make sure the 4uckers don't sneak back in!
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:46 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:53 pm
They've been told what the consequences will be for the club if they don't stop. They keep doing it anyway. It's not about supporting the club or even watching the football for a lot f these guys, it's just an excuse to get drunk and fight.

⬆️

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:55 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:53 pm

These are young people. I don’t know what the motivation is but I doubt it’s as simple as fighting. Culture is weird these days.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:07 pm

What a pity a section of a fine stadium gets a bad name because of the mindless few who behave like morons in it. A nationwide problem and by far from a new one. Rather ironic too that we particularly can ever be accused of racism when out club icons have so often been non-English; Per Frandsen, Ricky Gardner, Ivan Campo,Gudni Bergson, Michael Joannson, Jussi Jaaskelainan, Bruno Nngotty, Lee Chung Yong, Stelios Gianocopulouss (sp?), Tal Ben Haim, El Hadji Diouf.....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:55 pm
These are young people. I don’t know what the motivation is but I doubt it’s as simple as fighting. Culture is weird these days.
The banned fans ages' range between 15 and 57. One of the groups assaulting people at Morecambe was described as "middle-aged men"....it's not just "young people."

As has been said on here, this has been going on your years. It's not some odd generational issue.