Can we Endeavour to solve the Oxford Puzzle? Away to The Uni, Sat 12 Feb, 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Can we Endeavour to solve the Oxford Puzzle? Away to The Uni, Sat 12 Feb, 3-0'clock.

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:57 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:48 pm
sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:48 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:43 pm
As much as what everyone else does now. Hope the large female person's water is clear and Sonic's kettle holds out. :oyea:
I'm more worried about my bladder :oops: :shock:
Get yerself fitted out with a colostomy bag. Problem solved :mrgreen:
:lol:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Can we Endeavour to solve the Oxford Puzzle? Away to The Uni, Sat 12 Feb, 3-0'clock.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:01 pm

Stand by for Part Two, coming you way Tuesday: The Brewers versus Sonic's Kettle. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:01 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:40 pm
Feckin get in. Nearly threw my brew over the grandkids :pissed:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:55 pm

I mentioned it during the week but during this recent run of form we've found ourselves four times in a position where, with ten minutes of less remaining, we've needed to score to either get back level or to win. On all four occasions we've managed to do the necessary.

Shrewsbury Town: 0-0 just as the match is about to go into injury time and Charles comes up with the finish of the season so far to win it.

Morecambe: A goal down deep into the final stages, away from home in a highly charged atmosphere, having had our captain sent off, having left the pitch for ten minutes as a result of our players being racially abused, and in dreadful whether conditions, we battle our way upfield to score an equaliser.

Charlton Athletic: Pegged back after performance levels drop and with momentum having turned against us, we go on to find a winning goal with about five minutes to play.

Oxford United: Away from home against a very good team, twice going behind and twice dragging ourselves back to parity, we exploit the gaps to score a third and winning goal.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:12 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:55 pm
I mentioned it during the week but during this recent run of form we've found ourselves four times in a position where, with ten minutes of less remaining, we've needed to score to either get back level or to win. On all four occasions we've managed to do the necessary.

Shrewsbury Town: 0-0 just as the match is about to go into injury time and Charles comes up with the finish of the season so far to win it.

Morecambe: A goal down deep into the final stages, away from home in a highly charged atmosphere, having had our captain sent off, having left the pitch for ten minutes as a result of our players being racially abused, and in dreadful whether conditions, yet we battle our way upfield to score an equaliser.

Charlton Athletic: Pegged back after performance levels drop and with momentum having turned against us but we go on to find a winning goal with about five minutes to play.

Oxford United: Away from home against a very good team, twice going behind and twice dragging ourselves back to parity, we exploit the gaps to score a third and winning goal.
We have quality on the bench, a manager who understands what is happening on the pitch and players who genuinely believe they can get promoted.

That's why we get those results.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:13 pm

We went to Oxford, didn't play particularly well and conceded two top class finishes. We still won.

This is a proper team at the minute.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:23 pm

nicholaldo wrote:

Morecambe: A goal down deep into the final stages, away from home in a highly charged atmosphere, having had our captain sent off, having left the pitch for ten minutes as a result of our players being racially abused, and in dreadful whether conditions, we battle our way upfield to score an equaliser.

Charlton Athletic: Pegged back after performance levels drop and with momentum having turned against us, we go on to find a winning goal with about five minutes to play.

Got half a chance when they're not 2 in front with 10 to play 😀

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:29 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:50 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:42 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:14 pm
Marlon Fossey is a superstar who plays for Bolton Wanderers. What a fortunate time to land a player of his class. And he scored a purler today. Put that in Wiki..
Highlights here...

https://www.skysports.com/football/oxfo ... ort/448281
Hopefully there will be highlights viewable outside the UK.
For some reason I can't paste urls but if you go to the Bolton latinamerica twitter account you will be able to see it. Golazo.
Thanks. Astonishingly enough I found it. https://twitter.com/BWFC_Latam/status/1 ... 69/video/1
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Got my fag packet out again. Sunderland are the "weakest" of the top six and, on current ppg, will finish on 79 points. So, we need 35 points from 15. Something like 11 wins, a couple of draws and two defeats. Not exactly scientific, I know, but, I think it's going to take a quite remarkable run in to get into the play offs.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:58 pm

But what a run-in we can potentially enjoy :D

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:05 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:58 pm
But what a run-in we can potentially enjoy :D

Oh indeed! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:08 pm

It was a really ballsy move by Evatt to make that Morley sub and change the formation at a pivotal point in the game.
Santos was a rock but it was Fossey’s assist that landed him MOTM, for me.
A shout out to Bodvarsson, he was superb when he came on and really helped out defensively.
The ref was the worst we’ve had in a while and we’ve had some sh!te recently.
This is a special bunch of players. Remarkable that 6 of those that played today joined less than 6 weeks ago.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:45 pm

If you go on the Oxford forum some were slating Rico as the worst CB they'd seen this season :shock: I'm sure he ended up on the winning side :lol:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:49 pm

Dion and Baka now both have as many direct goal involvements (combined goals and assists) as Doyle in the league this season with 6 each. That's despite Doyle having played more minutes than both of them combined.

9 goals and 3 assists in 1546 minutes for Dion and Baka combined.
5 goals and 1 assist in 1636 minutes for Eoin.

Shows how far we've come recently in terms of individual and team performances, plus where we are for depth in attack.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:50 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:29 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Marlon Fossey is a superstar who plays for Bolton Wanderers. What a fortunate time to land a player of his class. And he scored a purler today. Put that in Wiki..
Highlights here...

For some reason I can't paste urls but if you go to the Bolton latinamerica twitter account you will be able to see it. Golazo.
Thanks. Astonishingly enough I found it. https://twitter.com/BWFC_Latam/status/1 ... 69/video/1
Now found the official highlights (but no Fossey celebration).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2DrirmWvU
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:27 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:32 pm
Got my fag packet out again. Sunderland are the "weakest" of the top six and, on current ppg, will finish on 79 points. So, we need 35 points from 15. Something like 11 wins, a couple of draws and two defeats. Not exactly scientific, I know, but, I think it's going to take a quite remarkable run in to get into the play offs.
74 points is usually enough to get you a play-off place in League1 though Charlton, with 74 last season, lost out on goal difference to Oxford. Two points per game on average from now on would get us to 75 points. i.e. Automatic promotion form.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:36 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:50 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:29 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Highlights here...

Now found the official highlights (but no Fossey celebration).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2DrirmWvU
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:20 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
I seem to recall a stat being bandied about in our first Prem season under Allardyce that if games only lasted 85 minutes then we'd have been pushing for Europe as opposed to battling relegation. This is what let to us taking the ball into the corner flag for as long as we could towards the end of games.

The fact that we're winning games in the last ten mins tells me that these lads are fit, both physically and mentally, and that our strength from the bench is something to behold. Long may it continue.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:49 pm

The third goal we scored. It’s a premiership standard of move and goal.

The run from Fossey and delivering the early ball at full pelt is honestly something I’ve not seen for a long time here. But it’s good from Johnston, Bod and Jones to build the move.

All three of our goals were very good.

Wing backs scoring is a measure of the system working well.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:50 pm

I think we should be targeting 75 points…if it gets us play offs (think it will), great. Get loads of funny results at the business end when teams looking doomed suddenly pick up form.