New Balls please, but not fifteen Love. V Wimbledon Home,19th Feb.2022 1500 hrs.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New Balls please, but not fifteen Love. V Wimbledon Home,19th Feb.2022 1500 hrs.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:45 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:00 pm
Dad Bod and Charles look like they could be a really serious partnership at this level with a few games together.
And with Dapo in behind that’s some handful to deal with.

There is a balance there for home games I think - you have to be very good to stop that three.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: New Balls please, but not fifteen Love. V Wimbledon Home,19th Feb.2022 1500 hrs.

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:59 pm

They now look and play like a football team all on the same page, I know Wimbledon were poor but as good as we looked going forward with Dion, Dapo & Dad - I actually thought that Dempsey & Morley as a midfield duo were fantastic today.

Dion Charles BTW will become a BWFC legend, the guy is talented but also has an edge which is great to see. Compared to the past few years some of the football in the 2nd half was really good to watch, we now have a decent team & decent spirited players to back - with a couple of additions in the summer similar to our January signings we will be serious contenders next season (but we could also have a chance of sneaking 6th place this season if we can continue this form).

BTW this snitch / grass on a fellow supporter than FV has introduced is a disgrace IMO.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:40 pm

Just got back from the match. That was as comfortable as it gets, once we went two up we looked like scoring with every attack - even Rico had a couple of gallops forward and one very decent attempt from a corner. Our forwards looked a constant threat and shout out to Dempsey and Morley to not miss MJ was quite remarkable. I thought Dapo was on the poor side for him but that's being picky.
Lincoln on Tuesday is a must win , teams are taking big notice of us now. Looking at the results Sunderland are dropping faster than Emile Heskey in his prime which just makes the weekend better. COYWM.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:45 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:40 pm
Still some room to catch up, but if we are looking at teams to pick off from the pack there are a clear couple of laggards by the form book...
Indeed. I'll do the "extrapolated form guide" calculations thing in a bit, or tomorrow - trying to finish off a piece and I'm starvin'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:46 pm

Not had chance to go back through the comments on here but I watch Dempsey particularly closely this afternoon and for me he was motm. He played that shielding role expertly, and covered at LB with aplomb everytime John pushed on. A few balls didn't quite reach their intended target but there was more of that than usuall today. I'd be happy to rest MJ on Tuesday too. We'll done, lad.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:00 pm

A couple of passes each went astray for Morley and Dempsey but otherwise they were very good. How close was Dempsey's first half effort? Their keeper dived for it so I'm assuming it was fairly close. Looked a great strike.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:09 pm

Dempsey is a very good player at this level and will only get better, Morley at his age is exceptional and has the potential to be a very decent championship level player.

Dion Charles for me is a breathe of fresh air, we haven't had a player like him up front for a good while - he makes Doyle look like Harold Steptoe.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:46 pm
Not had chance to go back through the comments on here but I watch Dempsey particularly closely this afternoon and for me he was motm. He played that shielding role expertly, and covered at LB with aplomb everytime John pushed on. A few balls didn't quite reach their intended target but there was more of that than usuall today. I'd be happy to rest MJ on Tuesday too. We'll done, lad.
Thought he had his best game for us, too. But think he's a way to go yet. I was torn on MoTM, Dion didn't immediately spring to mind despite a goal and an assist. Flossie terrified 'em but the final ball was a little awry (although a whole host which people didn't quite get on the end of). John looked back to his "this time last year" performances. But for me Morley just makes us tick from back to front and his delivery into the box is great. They weren't very good in MF tbf, but I'd have been terrified playing anyone before Chrimbo without MJ.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:22 pm

We are really a joy to watch on a big field. We used every inch of it through our wing backs. Not many teams in the entire EFL are as entertaining as we are. Declan John had an amazing game, my MoM. Johnston played excellently also. Had some concerns about Dapo, wasnt at his best in the #10 role. Dont think we have found a natural one. DadBod knows how to keep a ball when he has it. Makes a good partnership with Charles.. perhaps the best top 2 pairing we have. Baka has become a goalscorer overnight !!

Hope Evatt takes the pressure of them trying to reach playoffs.. enjoy one match at a time and end of season see where it takes us.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:43 pm
Well that were very enjoyable. Some great footy at times. Several good openings that we couldn't quite turn into gilt edge chances but 4 did not flatter us.

Dion obviously MotM closely followed by Johnston for me but each man played their part today.

I was glad of the yob hotline. Some mum sat in front of us who couldn't keep her kids under control. Neil Hart knows who Gooner Girl is now :D
:shock: Funny, I phoned him too, to complain about the tall bespectacled hooligan behind us who was teaching my children all kind of new rude words! 🤬 :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:05 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:03 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Well that were very enjoyable. Some great footy at times. Several good openings that we couldn't quite turn into gilt edge chances but 4 did not flatter us.

Dion obviously MotM closely followed by Johnston for me but each man played their part today.

I was glad of the yob hotline. Some mum sat in front of us who couldn't keep her kids under control. Neil Hart knows who Gooner Girl is now :D
:shock: Funny, I phoned him too, to complain about the tall bespectacled hooligan behind us who was teaching my children all kind of new rude words! 🤬 :wink:
Still, at least you got to watch some proper footie and a win :P

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:10 pm

Cracking win. Lots didn't come off or the gap would've been wider.
We're a real threat now, tremendous turnaround.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:05 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Missed the first goal. Too busy checking my phone for the Arsenal score! :lol:

Good game though. Been to quite a few away games over the years and that’s the best I’ve ever seen you play!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:40 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:59 pm
BTW this snitch / grass on a fellow supporter than FV has introduced is a disgrace IMO.
I'll tell them you said that.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:57 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:40 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:59 pm
I'll tell them you said that.

🤣🤣
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 pm

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:20 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Youngest mini gooner disgraced himself by announcing to everyone when we got back, ‘We won 4-0’! 😂 Wanderers shirt on order for his birthday! 😎

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 pm
The goals again...

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... highlights
Thanks, Tango. Interesting ball in for the fourth - looks like it swerves out to in, although it might be the camera angle; hopefully another one will come along.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Good game though. Been to quite a few away games over the years and that’s the best I’ve ever seen you play!
Bloomin youngsters glued to their phone :roll: :lol:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:20 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Bloomin youngsters glued to their phone :roll: :lol:
I’ll take being called a youngster at 41!